Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 11:47 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,702,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Who has 8 losses?
My bad, I meant 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 11:48 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,702,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I still can’t get over how Houston wasted a golden opportunity to end those warriors in 6, but without cp3 you had to expect the defense would swarm Harden.

No way the Rockets score only 25 points in a half (9 inba quarter) again!

The Rockets was lucky to win Game 4 and 5

Old 05-28-2018, 12:52 PM

29,417 posts, read 22,301,920 times
LeBron James' eighth straight NBA Finals berth deserves to be appreciated

Quote:
It will be easy to minimize this once the moment passes, to write it off as the Cavs getting fortunate that Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were hurt, that the Boston Celtics were too young, that the Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors weren't worthy opponents. To wave it away with an entire generation of other Eastern Conference contenders that have become faceless to a certain extent in James' wake.

That would be a disservice to James and a disservice to the history of the game. Love James or hate James, his performance has earned the respect to understand and hold true the authenticity of the achievement.

For example, James had 35 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists and 8 turnovers in Game 7. That's an excellent game. It's not an all-time James game -- it's frankly a borderline top-10 performance just in this postseason. Reviewing just the columns, it'd be easy to let it fade into the crowd of James' immense playoff résumé.

What must be understood is it came when James was playing in his 100th consecutive game of the season. That he played his third game in five days. That he got round-the-clock treatment on his right leg after playing 46 minutes to stave off elimination 48 hours earlier. That he played all 48 minutes in a playoff game for the first time since 2006, when he was 21 years old. That in the fourth quarter he made 4 of 6 shots, had three rebounds and four assists after he'd played 3,757 minutes this season, more than anyone else in the entire association.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:16 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,836,816 times
So a little drama but we might just end up with what we expected before the season began...Warriors vs Cavs. It’s like the basketball gods wouldn’t allow anything else to happen.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:36 PM

24,157 posts, read 9,097,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Don't disagree completely but Harden has great numbers and the Rockets won 65 games in the regular season so he's gotta be doing some great things. If Harden makes his step back 3 with any consistency, he's near impossible to stop and he's also a good passer.
That's the problem, he has yet to make his step back 3 this playoff series. He was like 0-20 or some crazy stat in 3 pointers before game 6.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:16 PM

29,760 posts, read 18,629,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
It's a shame that Boston couldn't close it out but James did will his team to the Finals. That is an all-time great feat....but he still ain't better than Mike, lol.
No he's not better than MJ but he was so much better than anyone else on the floor that it was the difference again. I think the West winner beats the Cavs in 5 (if Warriors) or 6 (if Rockets).

Lebron is still building his legacy, if he wins a couple more Championships, he enters the debate in my mind as best ever.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:27 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,620,350 times
I have to be honest, I definitely didnt think we would be talking about a Game 7 in the Hou-GS series if you had asked me last year. Heck, if you asked me two weeks ago, I thought for sure GS was taking this at least 4-1. Yet, he we are with Golden State playing Houston in Game 7 in Houston. I would be even more shocked if Houston pulls this off (and beyond shocked if they do it without CP3), but there is no doubt in my mind that the Warriors win tonight.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,711,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I have to be honest, I definitely didnt think we would be talking about a Game 7 in the Hou-GS series if you had asked me last year. Heck, if you asked me two weeks ago, I thought for sure GS was taking this at least 4-1. Yet, he we are with Golden State playing Houston in Game 7 in Houston. I would be even more shocked if Houston pulls this off (and beyond shocked if they do it without CP3), but there is no doubt in my mind that the Warriors win tonight.
Don't be too sure about that. I can't prove it but I think the greatness and power and intelligence of Thanos (ahem I mean LeBron) gets inside other teams heads. Celtics and Pacers had the teams to beat the Cavs but LeBron made them doubt themselves when it counted most. Toronto saw him walk out on the court and they started shaking....... Cavs can beat GSW or Houston. Doesn't matter. People miss shots when they know LeBron is watching. .

Old 05-28-2018, 04:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,711,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No he's not better than MJ but he was so much better than anyone else on the floor that it was the difference again. I think the West winner beats the Cavs in 5 (if Warriors) or 6 (if Rockets).

Lebron is still building his legacy, if he wins a couple more Championships, he enters the debate in my mind as best ever.
I won't give LeBron the nod over Jordan until he has 7 rings. Period. Rings matter..... Ask Barkley .... Now that I see what LeBron can do I think Durant made the absolute right move. You need a team of Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, Dr Strange and Iron Man running point to beat LeBron and his minions.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 10 days ago)

5,748 posts, read 5,506,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Shannon Sharpe just said only the Lakers and Celtics have more Finals appearances than Lebron

He had to jump ship twice to do it and still has 8 losses in the Finals

I knew it wouldn't be long before the Anti-Lebron's showed up lol...

How many Finals does one have to go to before it's not a "cakewalk" any more, or trying to diminish the feat by saying he's in the weaker conference? Hell if the conference is so weak or such a cakewalk, why can't any teams go to eight straight Finals?

How many times does he have to either beat great West teams ('13 Spurs, '16 Warriors), or outperform great West teams ('14 Spurs, '15 Warriors) in losses, before we stop saying the he benefits from being in the weaker bracket? If what he's done/doing is so easy, why can't anybody else lay claim to this, since the Celtics of half-century ago?

The Lakers were 5-3 in their first eight Finals and lost their 9th Finals to Boston in 1965. As a matter of fact, the Lakers were in the midst of an 8-Finals losing streak in which started in 1959 and didn't end until beating the Knicks in 1972...

LeBron has never lost more than two consecutive Finals....

He's a one-man dynasty, of rare air that only a couple of guys can even be mentioned in the same breath. He's setting the bar higher than it's been set in this "post"-modern NBA. You don't have to like him, but if you can't respect or appreciate his achievements, you're not a true fan of the sport...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball