Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM

77,712 posts, read 59,844,990 times

Advertisements

I had to get up early so after watching the refs swallow their whistle 2nd and 3rd quarter....I knew who would win and went to bed.

I’m going to take a pass on the finals this year.

That was bad enough that even the commentators were noting the blown calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 09:10 AM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,456,973 times
so unfortunate for rockets to not have chris paul for games 6 and 7. i believed they would've won one of the two games if he hadn't gone down. he would've probed the defense of warriors and found better shots for the rockets players. harden can't beat the all time stacked warriors by himself. 4 vs. 1. they need to make it a priority to get lebron this offseason for the sake of this league. the only way this is ruined if the cavs beat the warriors, but that ain't happening. lebron to houston this summer!!!

Old 05-29-2018, 09:18 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,703,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
so unfortunate for rockets to not have chris paul for games 6 and 7. i believed they would've won one of the two games if he hadn't gone down. he would've probed the defense of warriors and found better shots for the rockets players. harden can't beat the all time stacked warriors by himself. 4 vs. 1. they need to make it a priority to get lebron this offseason for the sake of this league. the only way this is ruined if the cavs beat the warriors, but that ain't happening. lebron to houston this summer!!!
Not necessarily because the rockets almost lost games 4 and 5 with CP3 in the game

Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 AM

29,419 posts, read 22,307,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Not necessarily because the rockets almost lost games 4 and 5 with CP3 in the game
It's apparent that to some folks on here, any other team BUT the Warriors can claim the injury card.

The Rockets only lost because of not having Paul. So on and so forth.

Yet, if the Warriors had lost, these same people would have mocked anyone that dared mention Iggy being out.

Weird double standards.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:37 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,703,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's apparent that to some folks on here, any other team BUT the Warriors can claim the injury card.

The Rockets only lost because of not having Paul. So on and so forth.

Yet, if the Warriors had lost, these same people would have mocked anyone that dared mention Iggy being out.

Weird double standards.
Thank you. People seem to forget that iggy going out changed the series

Old 05-29-2018, 09:41 AM

14,635 posts, read 14,499,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Well atleast he didn't cry on camera like Capela
What’s wrong with that? Capela played with passion...Harden doesn’t give a **** as long as he gets paid, pads his stats, and gets that MVP trophy at the end of the year.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:48 AM

3,596 posts, read 2,855,442 times
3 non calls on Harden getting fouled shooting a 3. Gordon getting mugged twice going to the paint. 2 moving screens. Thats 7 times refs gave Dubs a break. Hiw can pro refs be so awful.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:00 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,836,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Boston has been a legitimate threat, two different iterations of the Celtics in one decade. The early decade Celtics (2010-2012) were absolutely a legitimate title contender, they went to a Finals and were a game away from another with three HOF'ers guiding them. The late-decade C's of the last two years were threats mainly because of coaching, but they were the higher seed both times. 53 wins and 1-seed last year, 55-wins and 2-seed this year, and they stomped through everyone else in The East both years. To dismiss them as "hobbled" is biased and is only to handicap their accomplishments and diminish Lebron's...

Two different versions of the Celtics have been legit contenders...

The mid-decade Indiana Pacers were legit contenders and went to back-to-back conference finals, and pushed the Heat to the brink. You guys have selective memory, because especially that year they were #1, they were spoken of as contenders. That was the year Paul George rounded into elite form, his age 23 season. He was All-NBA, All-Defense, and that was Year 4 of his career, so he wasn't exactly a bum or young in the sense of a first or second year player (he was All-NBA in Year 3, 2013, and that's typically the year great players make the leap). I find it funny that you snicker at those Pacers who were well coached, played defense, had an elite playmaker, etc...

But hey, anything to discredit Lebron...
No. The west has produced legit contenders and Lebron is 3 of 8 against them...possibly 3 out of 9. He’s 9-0 vs the best competition the east provides. See a difference?I see a HUGE difference. You’ve got to ask yourself - does Lebron make 8 straight finals if the Cavs play in the west? That’s a legitimate question.

By 2011-2012, the best years of Boston’s big three were behind them. They were in their mid 30s. This is the only championship team Lebron beat on his way to 8 straight finals. They simply didn’t have enough to beat a prime Wade, Bosh and Lebron. A prime KG, Pierce, Allen from 2008 would’ve been a different story.

Neither version of the Celtics the last 2 years has been championship caliber. That’s silly. Good luck winning a championship with Isaiah Thomas as your best player and Avery Bradley as your 2nd leading scorer. The current Celtics overachieved by even forcing 7 games, but let’s not kid ourselves - they weren’t going to compete against the Warriors or Rockets with the offense being led by young pups like Tatum, Rozier and Brown. That would’ve been a beat down for the ages.

Age 22/23 Paul George and Roy Hibbert were supposed to solid contenders? LMAO. What did they ever accomplish? That team was basically a young potential star in Paul George surrounded by role players like Hill, Stephenson and Hibbert.

Good grief.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:06 AM

14,635 posts, read 14,499,477 times
So Lebron never had any legitimate threat in the East, but the Warriors have had a cakewalk the past four years due to Western injuries. Am I following the salted logic correctly? I guess there hasn’t been a legimate champion since Dirk’s one-man-show in 2011.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:30 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,046,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Lebron to Houston next year looks very interesting to me. Is there a chance, ???

I don't see him meshing with Harden. Or rather, I don't see Harden meshing with Lebron. Paul fit in because he was content to be a close #2 and let Harden control the ball when he was on the court. Lebron would be the top dog, no question. Harden would probably fall to #3 because Paul is better prepared to be a complementary star. In fact, I'm not sure Harden has anything to offer on the court when Lebron is on it. He's just not an off-the-ball player. But he would be great trade bait! Biggest problem is Lebron would probably only sign for 2 years and have trade rights. If you gut your team to build it around Lebron, when Lebron leaves (and he will leave) you are left with a gutted team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball