Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:22 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,144 times

Advertisements

I saw a video that went viral on YouTube yesterday of a couple of Cavs fans who viciously attacked a couple of Warrior fans after Game 4 Friday night. And, people nationally are saying all Cavs fans are like that, they're trash and that's why LeBron should leave because they don't deserve him.

First, I don't condone what those fans did. AT ALL. that was downright uncalled for, booing and jeering is one thing but attacking someone is despicable. Don't put them in the same company as me and sane Cavs fans.

Second, not all Cavs fans are like that. I know a lot of you still have those ESPN images embedded into your memories of some Cavs fans of burning LeBron's jersey in 2010, people still think Cavs fans are still like that. And, everyone still has that stereotype of Cleveland. In fact, people assume that Clevelanders will act that way again if he leaves again. Not all Cavs fans burned his jersey only a certain few. All Cavs fans aren't insane just like not all Warrior fans are cocky, entitled and arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 02:01 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Why even feel the need to post this? Anyone with sense knows "not all Cavs fans are like that", and there are violent idiots from every part of the country and world who use sports as an excuse to attack other people.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 AM

609 posts, read 349,743 times
Default Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I saw a video that went viral on YouTube yesterday of a couple of Cavs fans who viciously attacked a couple of Warrior fans after Game 4 Friday night. And, people nationally are saying all Cavs fans are like that, they're trash and that's why LeBron should leave because they don't deserve him.

First, I don't condone what those fans did. AT ALL. that was downright uncalled for, booing and jeering is one thing but attacking someone is despicable. Don't put them in the same company as me and sane Cavs fans.

Second, not all Cavs fans are like that. I know a lot of you still have those ESPN images embedded into your memories of some Cavs fans of burning LeBron's jersey in 2010, people still think Cavs fans are still like that. And, everyone still has that stereotype of Cleveland. In fact, people assume that Clevelanders will act that way again if he leaves again. Not all Cavs fans burned his jersey only a certain few. All Cavs fans aren't insane just like not all Warrior fans are cocky, entitled and arrogant.
it happens all the time, i.e. 49er fans beat up a Vikings fan. 49er and Raider fans fight in the stadium too.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Don't worry, no reasonable person thinks that one video of a few guys represents all of any group.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Why even feel the need to post this? Anyone with sense knows "not all Cavs fans are like that", and there are violent idiots from every part of the country and world who use sports as an excuse to attack other people.
I felt the need to post this because it seems that when a few Cavs fans do something bad, almost everybody feels that it reflects on all Cavs fans as a whole. When Philly fans rioted after the Eagles won the Super Bowl, Philly fans weren't painted with a broad brush nor did it reflect on Eagle fans. Same with San Fran fans after the Giants won their World Series championships despite some of them rioting and even setting a public bus on fire; nobody says, "See, Giants fans are clueless." IMO, people give cities like those two a pass because they're the hip cities or the "It" cities, and since Cleveland isn't one of the "It" cities it's an easy target for a lot of people.

A lot of people were expecting Cavs fans to act a stone damn fool and riot when they won the NBA title in 2016, but there were only a few incidents. It's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest fro a while to the people with no sense. You're right there are violent idiots all over the world, but I just want people to call those idiots are equally.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 06-12-2018 at 12:03 PM..

Old 06-12-2018, 11:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Hmm, Philly and the Bay area fans have two of the worst reputations in the states. So I'm not sure how they've ever been given a pass. All sportball teams have an element of jerks and people looking for fight. Sad but true.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Hmm, Philly and the Bay area fans have two of the worst reputations in the states. So I'm not sure how they've ever been given a pass. All sportball teams have an element of jerks and people looking for fight. Sad but true.
I know about Philly, but I never heard of Bay Area fans having one of the worst reputations in the country. Enlighten me on why they have that rep.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:30 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Google it. All very well documented.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Google it. All very well documented.
OK I will. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:32 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Sports get heated, win or loose, and there is always people on both sides who act like idiots.

I've mostly heard that Cavs fans are a bunch of crybabies, but being a Cavs fan maybe I am not seeing most of the negative stuff circulated. I did hear a lot of bad things about the entire city of Philly after the SB, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball