U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:44 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Most importantly, big plays on both defense and offense to close a tight game.
Yeah, I never understood the Lebron hate.

Regardless, this silly thread needs a toe tag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 05:54 PM

43 posts, read 18,004 times
Yeah he showed no passion in last night's game

Old 04-27-2018, 05:56 PM

1,905 posts, read 808,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As a big Tim Duncan fan, I have to say that a dispassionate demeanor and calm appearance doesn't mean you don't care or are not "trying".
The irony of this post is that is my demeanor at work and people think I don't care even though it's the opposite.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
The irony of this post is that is my demeanor at work and people think I don't care even though it's the opposite.
Frankly, maintaining an even keel and calm disposition in most circumstances requires more effort than other options.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:16 PM

3,611 posts, read 1,558,027 times
another 40+ game.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
So, in light of this series do you still dislike Lebron or did he change your mind a bit?

Old 04-30-2018, 09:28 AM

7,906 posts, read 4,872,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He’s always had a tendency to quit/not try when he senses a lost game or series in the postseason. But it was painfully obvious in his final series as a Cavalier before bolting to Miami, so maybe it’s a sign...
Really the only time I’ve seen him play his heart out with no chill was in the 2016 Finals.
Pre-Miami, LBJ still was an immature adult, trying to find his comfort zone.

In the current play-off season, the King certainly is elevating his game to compensate for an injured Kevin Love, George Hill and Tristan Thompson. Hill and Thompson seem to have recovered sufficiently to boost the Cavs over the Pacers in yesterday's Game 7.

What I admire about James is his massive philanthropic contributions, especially to the city of Akron.

His "I Promise" program seems to be reinvigorating the entire Akron educational system, perhaps providing a national model if it is successful.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/educ...r-families-too

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/brea...promise-school

LJFF | I PROMISE Secondary

Some week in coming years, LeBron's efforts are destined to be examined on "60 Minutes" and transform his national image.

Maybe LeBron's philanthropy efforts won't be as renown as those of Andrew Carnegie, the Rockefellers, or the Mellons, but I can't think of another athlete who has demonstrated such thoughtful largesse.

James is beloved in Akron and now greatly respected in Greater Cleveland. Having bestowed (with the very generous checkbook of Dan Gilbert) a pro sports championship on Cleveland, I really doubt if too many Clevelanders will be upset if he departs for a better competitive opportunity at season's end. However, I doubt if James wants to do that, as his kids are entering their high school years in the city of which he is so fond. The King likely wants his prince to play at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary, the King's alma mater, and the Cavs' high draft pick in the upcoming draft (Trae Young?) may also tip the choice in favor of staying with the Cavs.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/leb...u-nba-colleges

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ound-prospects

The Pacers may have been the toughest out in the Eastern Conference. They beat Golden State twice away-and-home in the last month of the regular season....

Last edited by WRnative; 04-30-2018 at 09:46 AM..

Old 04-30-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

In the current play-off season, the King certainly is elevating his game to compensate for an injured Kevin Love, George Hill and Tristan Thompson. Hill and Thompson seem to have recovered sufficiently to boost the Cavs over the Pacers in yesterday's Game 7.

What I admire about James is his massive philanthropic contributions, especially to the city of Akron.

His "I Promise" program seems to be reinvigorating the entire Akron educational system, perhaps providing a national model if it is successful.

Some week in coming years, LeBron's efforts are destined to be examined on "60 Minutes" and transform his national image.
Yes, very impressive.

There is a charter school in San Antonio started by David Robinson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carver_Academy

You HAVE to get to kids early. Not try to fix them being behind academically etc. on the back end.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:17 PM

7,906 posts, read 4,872,366 times
Default LeBron excels in Game 7s

NOT a disinterested player.

<< James has a 5-2 record in Game 7s, including a five-game winning streak. He is averaging 35 points in those Game 7s, the highest of anyone in NBA history according to the website FiveThirtyEight.>>

Cleveland Cavaliers Playoff Scribbles: Morning After Game 7 -- Terry Pluto (photos) | cleveland.com

NBA Game 7s are when the best professional teams in the world play with maximum effort.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:18 PM

3,611 posts, read 1,558,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Maybe LeBron's philanthropy efforts won't be as renown as those of Andrew Carnegie, the Rockefellers, or the Mellons, but I can't think of another athlete who has demonstrated such thoughtful largesse.

James is beloved in Akron and now greatly respected in Greater Cleveland. Having bestowed (with the very generous checkbook of Dan Gilbert) a pro sports championship on Cleveland, I really doubt if too many Clevelanders will be upset if he departs for a better competitive opportunity at season's end. However, I doubt if James wants to do that, as his kids are entering their high school years in the city of which he is so fond. The King likely wants his prince to play at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary, the King's alma mater, and the Cavs' high draft pick in the upcoming draft (Trae Young?) may also tip the choice in favor of staying with the Cavs.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/leb...u-nba-colleges

NBA Mock Draft 2018: Updated Predictions for 1st-Round Prospects | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

The Pacers may have been the toughest out in the Eastern Conference. They beat Golden State twice away-and-home in the last month of the regular season....

Philantropy with Own personal money is highly commendable. Philantropy with Other people s money is much known widely though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball