U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:25 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,841,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
If you are referring to me then I have to say that I have zero issue with him wanting to move on from San Antonio. Never said anything to the contrary as it is.

However, my issue with Kawhi's uncle and his camp in general was the possibility of Kawhi sitting out all of next season simply because he doesn't want to play for Toronto. That's a bad look, especially because he missed all but 9 games last season, that's basically missing two seasons in a row. Which is bad optics for a player designated to hit unrestricted free agency next summer.

I also think the way Kawhi's uncle has handled a lot of this situation is quite poor and borders on unprofessional, if the reports are true, but that's not really my concern. I don't have anything to lose in this case. It also doesn't change my opinion on Kawhi Leonard, I still think of him the same way, my favorite player in the NBA and a good person all around.
Iím not referring to you, Iím referring to spurs fans in general. Iím from San Antonio and they act like the guy is Satan.

Yes Leonardís uncle and Leonard himself did some jacked up unethical and immoral things. I saw the reports that said Leonard refused to let the spurs declare him out for the season last year, essentially giving them a media headhache that whole year when they were asked, ďwhen is Leonard coming backĒ after every game

I donít know all the facts and Leonard will never conduct a media session to lay them out. All we know is he just wanted to get the hell out of there. But I canít blame a guy who just turned down an insane amount of money.

Moving forward, there is no indication that he doesnít want to play for the Raptors. We all know he isnít that dumb to sit out in 2 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 04:58 AM

12,203 posts, read 10,441,159 times
I don’t care how bad the Lakers want him...sitting out two consecutive seasons will seriously hurt his free agency and overall reputation. He’ll put in his work this season in Toronto and prove himself...at least it’s a change of scenery.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:33 PM

5,459 posts, read 3,773,981 times
The Spurs didn't have Kawhi for 73 out of 82 games last year. He had one foot out the door when he went out for good in the winter. With LaMarcus Aldridge alone as the only scoring threat, they won 47 games and made the 7th seed. They were able to win 1 game against GSW. as good as NOP did and better than Utah, Portland, or the SAS team did the year before when they lost KL.

Does anyone think they will be WORSE by adding DeRozan, a top 20 NBA talent? He is exactly the kind of player Popovich likes to coach, who I guarantee will improve his defense. People said Aldridge couldn't play defense either when he moved to the Spurs. They were wrong.

Again, I will remind everyone that they did not have KL last year, so any changes should be compared to that. They only had LMA as all-star talent. People thinking that the Spurs with DeRozan will be that much worse than the Timberwolves, Pelicans, Jazz, Nuggets or Blazers are just silly. The Blazers didn't get any better. The Pelicans got a lot worse. The T-Wolves have to be the most over-rated team out there.

Spurs will make the playoffs, possibly as high as 3rd seed, probably 5th-7th.

I'm a Spurs fan so I watched most of their games. The sports media is making WAY to much out of the departure of Kyle Anderson and Danny Green. Anderson for all he brought was a turnover machine, especially in the playoffs or any 4th quarter clutch situation. Best example was in the 4th quarter of game 5 of the playoffs. He was a solid draft pick but he has reached his peak of growth most likely. Green gave perimeter defense and was great 2 years ago, but his shooting had declined a lot & watching him brick open 3's last year was often painful.

With DeRozan alone, the Spurs added as much scoring as they lost from Green, Anderson, and Parker combined. They also added Poeltl, resolving a need for a backup C. The Spurs probably lost 10-12 games last year due to late 3rd & early 4th quarter turnovers and scoring droughts once LMA left the floor. Adding DeRozan solves that problem.

Last edited by redguard57; 08-27-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball