Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 01:33 PM

5,822 posts, read 5,627,677 times

Advertisements

Wow....

This is going to be an explosive summer and the potential of Kawhi leaving dramatically alters the landscape. Sixers, Warriors, Celtics, Kings, Lakers, Clippers have all been mentioned as suitors within the last hour. Reportedly he's leaning Lakers or Clippers and his camp prefers Knicks, and the Spurs still have a shot, though at this point seems that is done. It's going to be very interesting to see the packages these teams create for Kawhi...

Don't know why SA would keep him in The West and I'd definitely engage Boston about some of their young guys. I would do anything to keep him out of The West if I'm SA, but also make sure we get a great haul in return...

My initial reaction is this will play out for a while and he either re-signs or gets to the Lakers. This is going to directly affect Lebron's decision, no question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 01:58 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
When you're a franchise all-star player like Kawhi you can do that.

Looks like the Spurs just didn't give him the respect he deserves during his injury, good for him.

I don't know that I agree that the Spurs were disprespectful to him; the issue was that the team doctors and Kawhi's hand-picked doctors disagreed on the injury diagnosis and the treatment of the injury. I think the Spurs felt that it was a situation that spiraled out of control and that they were cut out of the loop in a sense by Kawhi using his own doctor rather than the team's doctors. Kawhi is free to use whatever doctors he wants to use but I don't know that he was disrespected.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:01 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
With his desire to play in LA, and him being able to opt out after next year, I don't see any other team offering what we might think is a fair trade for Leonard. I think the Lakers with the confidence they will resign him will most likely offer the best value.

Maybe Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram and two number one's. I don't see any other team willing to offer more for a one year rental.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:14 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I don't know that I agree that the Spurs were disprespectful to him; the issue was that the team doctors and Kawhi's hand-picked doctors disagreed on the injury diagnosis and the treatment of the injury. I think the Spurs felt that it was a situation that spiraled out of control and that they were cut out of the loop in a sense by Kawhi using his own doctor rather than the team's doctors. Kawhi is free to use whatever doctors he wants to use but I don't know that he was disrespected.
The disrespect was the organization's sniping in the press about Kawhi's injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
With his desire to play in LA, and him being able to opt out after next year, I don't see any other team offering what we might think is a fair trade for Leonard. I think the Lakers with the confidence they will resign him will most likely offer the best value.

Maybe Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram and two number one's. I don't see any other team willing to offer more for a one year rental.
I don't expect the Spurs to get that much for Leonard. I could see Ball, Ingram, and Deng.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:35 PM

24,627 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
He was disrespected by people questioning his injury. Team, players, doctors, coaches, etc.

We’ll see how many rings they can win without him.

He’s turning down a super max deal just to demand a trade. He could end up on the Clippers, they clearly did something he didn’t like.

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-15-2018 at 04:56 PM..

Old 06-15-2018, 05:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,919,856 times
The trade may well be of great value to the Spurs. Leonard still has one year to play for the Spurs by contract. Pop can trade him or play him. If he trades him, he'll get top dollar for him. If he plays him, which I fully expect Leonard to sit on his worthless ass and not play, will be damaged goods after the contract expires. If you can't perform, you're worthless in a sport that doesn't give a rats ass about your injury or anything with your personal life, just win. It's all about the money in pro sports. So Leonard needs to be real kind to the Spurs and maybe they'll trade him instead of playing him. Frankly, I have no respect for Leonard. There are Spurs playing with far greater injuries than Leonards. Personally, if I were a major investor in the Spurs organization, I'd be looking at an attorney to get my money back out of Leonard. Putting in only 9 hap hazard performances last year gets him my vote as Deadbeat of the Year Award. But then I keep forgetting, he is from Kalifornia.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:57 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
As a Laker fan....I'll believe it when I see it. I still feel like they'll work it out in San Antonio.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:22 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,919,856 times
Quote:
As a Laker fan....I'll believe it when I see it. I still feel like they'll work it out in San Antonio.

As a Spurs fan, I hope you're wrong. I doubt Leonard could get a cup of coffee in San Antonio. You can certainly have the deadbeat. Like my step dad used say, If I have to hold yer hand, you best be wearing a dress. Leonard will need a full time nose wiper for his whinny ass. Maybe you can get autographed Depends from him too. He's no longer welcome around here.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:59 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The trade may well be of great value to the Spurs. Leonard still has one year to play for the Spurs by contract. Pop can trade him or play him. If he trades him, he'll get top dollar for him. If he plays him, which I fully expect Leonard to sit on his worthless ass and not play, will be damaged goods after the contract expires. If you can't perform, you're worthless in a sport that doesn't give a rats ass about your injury or anything with your personal life, just win. It's all about the money in pro sports. So Leonard needs to be real kind to the Spurs and maybe they'll trade him instead of playing him. Frankly, I have no respect for Leonard. There are Spurs playing with far greater injuries than Leonards. Personally, if I were a major investor in the Spurs organization, I'd be looking at an attorney to get my money back out of Leonard. Putting in only 9 hap hazard performances last year gets him my vote as Deadbeat of the Year Award. But then I keep forgetting, he is from Kalifornia.
So how is Manziel doing, after all he’s from Texas. We’ll take Kawhi, why don’t you call the Spurs front office and just tell them to give him to the Lakers. I’m sure they’ll listen to you. Haha.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:00 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He was disrespected by people questioning his injury. Team, players, doctors, coaches, etc.

We’ll see how many rings they can win without him.

He’s turning down a super max deal just to demand a trade. He could end up on the Clippers, they clearly did something he didn’t like.

I would argue that if everyone in the organization (coaches, teammates, medical staff, front office staff) are starting to question your mindset and your desire then it might not be all of them that is the problem, it might be you (or Kawhi in this case). I still think "disrespect" is the wrong word to use. It could be fair to say that they soured on him as a person and turned on him to some degree but Kawhi certainly played a part in that happening. The truth isn't disrespectful, it is just the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball