U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
By the time Bell etc. develop, Lebron will be in decline.

Pick one, make a move NOW or build for the future....but straddling the middle lane is just going to end up with roadkill.

You seriously see Lebron joining a bunch of kiddo's just because you added PG?

Nope, you need KL *now* and then try to eek out a title or two before someone gets hurt or declines.

Tons of historical references for this working and\or going wrong.

His decision is not all about basketball, believe me when I say this, it is a family decision. Where his family will be most happy. If it is LA, then he will sign with the Lakers even if he goes alone. And with all the talk and speculation going on, it really is only Cleveland and LA in the running, and now that he officially opted out, I am leaning towards LA.

He also knows, that once he is in LA, players will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 09:57 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,152,919 times
I all these threads it appears the Lakers are signing and trading for everyone

Old 06-29-2018, 10:19 AM

2,836 posts, read 1,775,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
By the time Bell etc. develop, Lebron will be in decline.

Pick one, make a move NOW or build for the future....but straddling the middle lane is just going to end up with roadkill.

You seriously see Lebron joining a bunch of kiddo's just because you added PG?

Nope, you need KL *now* and then try to eek out a title or two before someone gets hurt or declines.

Tons of historical references for this working and\or going wrong.
I agree.

This isnít the Cavs fan talking in me, but if Kawhi isnít a Laker this season I think Lebron is better off staying in Cleveland next year and probably making another Finals appearance.

But if Iím LA you trade your potential for this trio in a heartbeat and you probably win 2/3 titles as the Warriors have some decisions to make after next season.

The Lakers played well and beat some tanking teams the last 20 games but donít think for one second that Lonzo or Ingram can build the next Laker dynasty

Old 06-29-2018, 10:22 AM

2,836 posts, read 1,775,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
His decision is not all about basketball, believe me when I say this, it is a family decision. Where his family will be most happy. If it is LA, then he will sign with the Lakers even if he goes alone. And with all the talk and speculation going on, it really is only Cleveland and LA in the running, and now that he officially opted out, I am leaning towards LA.

He also knows, that once he is in LA, players will come.
Beyond Kawhi and George you get ring chasing over the hill players that typically donít have enough steam to play 100 games

Old 06-30-2018, 10:27 PM

12,199 posts, read 10,414,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I all these threads it appears the Lakers are signing and trading for everyone
Every year, Laker fans believe all the big-name free agents will be wearing purple and gold the following season. Hasn't happened yet (and now PG13 is off the table).

Old 06-30-2018, 11:18 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Every year, Laker fans believe
Come on man, we (as Laker fans) can only believe what the media tells us with regards to these things. It's very clichť/trendy to bash Laker fans (on this board and others), so knock yourself out...

The media puts out a bunch of rumors all the time involving the Lakers, so what, should we just not react to any of them? Some of them are very plausible. DeRozan to the Lakers made sense but didn't happen. Marc Gasol to the Lakers made sense (didn't happen).

Would you rather live in LA or OKC if you were a multi-millionaire? It's not far-fetched to hope/believe that PG would choose LA....but for whatever reason they just haven't happened.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 PM

2,756 posts, read 1,949,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Every year, Laker fans believe all the big-name free agents will be wearing purple and gold the following season. Hasn't happened yet (and now PG13 is off the table).
Heavy rumors here in Philly today that the Sixers are in serious talks with the Spurs and Leonard seems to be indicating that he would be open to a contract extension if traded to Philly. Question of the day, with George off the table, and Leonard by chance ending up in Philly, where does that leave Lebron in regards to signing with the Lakers?

Old 07-01-2018, 02:54 PM

51,914 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I agree.

This isnít the Cavs fan talking in me, but if Kawhi isnít a Laker this season I think Lebron is better off staying in Cleveland next year and probably making another Finals appearance.

But if Iím LA you trade your potential for this trio in a heartbeat and you probably win 2/3 titles as the Warriors have some decisions to make after next season.

The Lakers played well and beat some tanking teams the last 20 games but donít think for one second that Lonzo or Ingram can build the next Laker dynasty
In fairness, Cleveland doesn't make the finals if KI isn't hurt last year.

I don't think they make the finals if he stays unless they get lucky like that again.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:56 PM

51,914 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Heavy rumors here in Philly today that the Sixers are in serious talks with the Spurs and Leonard seems to be indicating that he would be open to a contract extension if traded to Philly. Question of the day, with George off the table, and Leonard by chance ending up in Philly, where does that leave Lebron in regards to signing with the Lakers?
That would make Philly a much more serious contender. KL is one of the top couple players in the league.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,045,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Kawhi to Philly = Lebron to Houston?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball