Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Thank you TR95. I highly doubt Kawhi without the "geriatric 3" would have taken the spurs to the NBA finals in 2013. Look at the past season, the spurs went to the 1st round of the playoffs without their "Star".
And they only won 1 game.

Kawhi is about to get a super max contract from one of the best ran NBA organization in the modern era, let that sink in. Kawhi was the difference maker.

Spurs could trade him for a Kings ransom but they rather pay him a Kings ransom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
It's quite clear that no one player "solely" can win a championship.
If that was true, Kawhi would not be on the edge of getting big money right now.

He’s about to get a massive contract and he barely played last year. Why? Because he’s the reason they won that 5th ring.

His defense and offense makes him top 3 in the entire league and it demands “eff you” money. And he’s going to get every penny of it.

Well done Spurs and well done Kawhi on leveraging your invaluable skills to “secure the bag.” I trust the Spurs front office over random internet posters, they have 5 rings to prove it.

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-14-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 04:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Kawhi is about to get a super max contract from one of the best ran NBA organization in the modern era, let that sink in. Kawhi was the difference maker.

Spurs could trade him for a Kings ransom but they rather pay him a Kings ransom.

If that was true, Kawhi would not be on the edge of getting big money right now.

He’s about to get a massive contract and he barely played last year. Why? Because he’s the reason they won that 5th ring.

His defense and offense makes him top 3 in the entire league and it demands “eff you” money. And he’s going to get every penny of it.

Well done Spurs and well done Kawhi on leveraging your invaluable skills to “secure the bag.” I trust the Spurs front office over random internet posters, they have 5 rings to prove it.
Yeah, and I'll trust my belief that no team can win a Final with just one player, without having 2 other all-stars, which Duncan and Parker both were in 2014, lest you forget. Had they not had Duncan, Ginobli or Parker that year, they would not have beat the Heat. You're lack of comprehension amazes me. So Kawhi is in the top 3 or top 5, I don't disagree, so not sure why you are even talking about "eff you" money? If he plays next year with the Spurs and they don't get anyone else, no way in hell are the Spurs getting to the Finals. I'll guarantee that.

If Kawhi was the "sole" reason for that 5th ring, then I guess you believe he was the "sole" reason for not having 6 rings. Hahaha, laughing right now.

Kawhi Leonard Looked Like A Terrified Pledge Before He Shot Free Throws In Game 6 Against The Heat. This is Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs right before he is about to take the first of two free throws against the Miami Heat in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. If he makes both, the Spurs surely win, the instant classic game and the NBA title. If he misses one of the shots, the Heat have a chance, albeit slim. He missed one. The first one. The one he shot just after making this face…

Of course the Heat went on to complete an incredible comeback. A comeback that is not by any means totally the fault of Kawhi Leonard. Still, look at him. He looks like a pledge walking into the fraternity house in mid-November, just as the soulless and perpetually angry fifth year senior lumbers down the stairs and finishes his last slug of a handle of cheap whiskey. This is the look of pure terror.

Last edited by TR95; 06-14-2018 at 04:43 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I'll trust my belief that no team can win a Final with just one player, without having 2 other all-stars, which Duncan and Parker both were in 2014, lest you forget. Had they not had Duncan, Ginobli or Parker that year, they would not have beat the Heat.
Kawhi is the reason they won (Finals MVP). He was the star, the others became "role players." Duncan is no longer here and Parker plus Ginobili are about to retire. He was the leading scorer and defender (against Lebron) in most of the games during that Finals.

Kawhi is getting a super max contract, less you forget.

It is not a "mistake," I trust the Spurs front office giving him a super max contract over a random internet poster.

You don't get a super max contract in the NBA without being a franchise player.

Re-watch that Finals, his offensive and defensive firepower catapulted him to top 3 player in the world against a Miami Heat team in their prime. No one on the 2014 spurs rosters were all-stars that year.

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-14-2018 at 08:08 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Kawhi is the reason they won (Finals MVP). He was the star, the others became "role players." Duncan is no longer here and Parker plus Ginobili are about to retire. He was the leading scorer and defender (against Lebron) in most of the games during that Finals.

Kawhi is getting a super max contract, less you forget.

It is not a "mistake," I trust the Spurs front office giving him a super max contract over a random internet poster.

You don't get a super max contract in the NBA without being a franchise player.

Re-watch that Finals, his offensive and defensive firepower catapulted him to top 3 player in the world against a Miami Heat team in their prime. No one on the 2014 spurs rosters were all-stars that year.
You still are clueless and lack reading comprehension. No one is saying he is not a top 3-5 player and should not get a max contract. Your whole post is worthless talking about some max contract and why he should get one. No one is arguing with you on that.

The FACT is that the leading scorer in that series was Parker (18 pts) along with Kawhi (17.8), Duncan (15.4) and Manu (14.4). What I'm saying which you can't seem to comprehend is that Kawhi is not solely responsible for the win. He needed Parker, Duncan and Manu's points. Are you going back on your post that Kawhi is "solely" responsible now and just saying he was the "star"? If you are, sure I'll agree with you about the star, just not about the only reason the Spurs won was solely because of Kawhi. There was only one close game (game 2). All the others were by almost 20 points. Lebron averaged 28.2 points, 7.8 boards, and 4.0 assists, so it's not like Kawhi dominated Lebron or held him under 25 points.

And not so sure Miami was in their prime in 2014, as evidenced by the lack of scoring by Wade, Bosh and Chalmers. So hardly in their prime, that's probably why Lebron left after that season. Same with Cleveland now, they are so past their prime, with the possible exception of Love who actually had a decent Finals.

So best of luck with resigning Kawhi. And yes, Parker, was an all-star in 2014, look it up wise one.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:27 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:

His defense and offense makes him top 3 in the entire league and it demands “eff you†money. And he’s going to get every penny of it.

Well done Spurs and well done Kawhi on leveraging your invaluable skills to “secure the bag.†I trust the Spurs front office over random internet posters, they have 5 rings to prove it.
You stated Kawhi was the sole reason that they won 2013 which is a lie. Spurs had a big 3 and a rising star in Kawhi. Kawhi didn't solely bring a championship to the Spurs in 2013. Kawhi had a shining moment in the finals but he had 3 other superstars in that team.

Duncan is gone and Tony and Manu will be retiring soon. You also have Popovich who might also retire in 2 to 3 years and make Becky Hammon, the 1st female head NBA coach. It would be interesting to see a Spurs team with Popovich. Kawhi also has to factor that in his decision. Pop might not be there in 2-3 years, Tony and Manu might retire next season and he doesn't have big replacement for them.

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-rumor...regg-popovich/

Old 06-15-2018, 11:31 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Kawhi officially tells Spurs he wants out of San Antonio!! Where will he go in a trade?

Old 06-15-2018, 12:17 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Kawhi officially tells Spurs he wants out of San Antonio!! Where will he go in a trade?

It is being suggested that he wants to be traded to the Lakers. The Spurs won't be able to really get fair value for him, since he can basically pick his destination but I don't think this should surprise anyone.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Would be an interesting Laker team with Lebron and Kawhi. I think they almost instantly compete with the Rockets and Warriors. Just depends who they trade to get Kawhi. Spurs aren't going to make a bad deal like the Cavs did with Kyrie, I'm pretty sure of that. Now let's have all the Warriors fans now saying "just like a Lakers fan to hope for big-time talent, but they never get it." Amazing all the naysayers just because the Lakers haven't been relevant for 8 years now. Beats the heck out of not being relevant for almost 40 years like the Warriors were.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:53 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
It is being suggested that he wants to be traded to the Lakers. The Spurs won't be able to really get fair value for him, since he can basically pick his destination but I don't think this should surprise anyone.
Quote:
Would be an interesting Laker team with Lebron and Kawhi. I think they almost instantly compete with the Rockets and Warriors. Just depends who they trade to get Kawhi. Spurs aren't going to make a bad deal like the Cavs did with Kyrie, I'm pretty sure of that. Now let's have all the Warriors fans now saying "just like a Lakers fan to hope for big-time talent, but they never get it." Amazing all the naysayers just because the Lakers haven't been relevant for 8 years now. Beats the heck out of not being relevant for almost 40 years like the Warriors were.
Popovich might not be there next year or 3 years from now. Once he leaves, you will have a female head coach. Kawhi was smart in thinking ahead. Tony and Manu are going to retire and there are no all stars in the team that can help him.

Is this the year of Magic Johnson? Can he pull a Lebron, Paul and Kawhi?

Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
When you're a franchise all-star player like Kawhi you can do that.

Looks like the Spurs just didn't give him the respect he deserves during his injury, good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball