Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 05:01 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Kawhi to Philly = Lebron to Houston?
Possibly, but I would say it would be more likely, Kawhi to Philly = Lebron to Philly. Sixers met with Lebron's people today as a matter of fact.

Lebrons other option could be sign a one year deal with the Cavs and see what happens next year. It does seem his heart is in LA, but he also wants to be part of a championship team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 06:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Every year, Laker fans believe all the big-name free agents will be wearing purple and gold the following season. Hasn't happened yet (and now PG13 is off the table).
Sorry to burst your bubble. So funny about Warriors fans these last 4 years, that GSW is finally relevant after 40 years. Guess Lakers fans can deal with 6 years of irrelevancy every now and then for runs like they've had over the last 40 years, unlike the Warriors.

LeBron James has agreed to 4-year, $154M deal with Lakers, Klutch Sports says.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:10 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble. So funny about Warriors fans these last 4 years, that GSW is finally relevant after 40 years. Guess Lakers fans can deal with 6 years of irrelevancy every now and then for runs like they've had over the last 40 years, unlike the Warriors.

LeBron James has agreed to 4-year, $154M deal with Lakers, Klutch Sports says.
And unless they actually do swing a trade for Kawhi, his supporting cast will be even worse than what he had in Cleveland. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Magic did good with this one though, I give him props for that.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
And unless they actually do swing a trade for Kawhi, his supporting cast will be even worse than what he had in Cleveland. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Magic did good with this one though, I give him props for that.
No bubble bursted here. Just reporting facts in rebuttal to your asinine post about lakers fans always expecting the top players to come. Well, history has shown that they attract top players. 6 of the 8 all-time scorers have played with the Lakers.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:25 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan.

Leonard can walk after one season.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:44 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan.

Leonard can walk after one season.
Perhaps the final domino of the offseason (tbd on Capela and Smart). The Spurs will probably be fighting for a playoff spot, but I would not expect them to make it. Toronto depends on Kawhi's health. If he comes back healthy, I think they are the favorites in the East. If he comes back less than healthy, then Toronto falls behind Boston and maybe Philadelphia.

Longer term, it's tough to say. I think DeRozan fits nicely with Murray, Aldridge, but it's hard to see where this team goes in the next couple of years. They need to add talent to get back to the top of the West.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:35 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Perhaps the final domino of the offseason (tbd on Capela and Smart). The Spurs will probably be fighting for a playoff spot, but I would not expect them to make it. Toronto depends on Kawhi's health. If he comes back healthy, I think they are the favorites in the East. If he comes back less than healthy, then Toronto falls behind Boston and maybe Philadelphia.

Longer term, it's tough to say. I think DeRozan fits nicely with Murray, Aldridge, but it's hard to see where this team goes in the next couple of years. They need to add talent to get back to the top of the West.
Both guys don't want to play for either team. The Raptors gave up their best player for another player that is only obligated for one year with them. Things can change of course.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers-...161857781.html

Old 07-18-2018, 04:19 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Both guys don't want to play for either team. The Raptors gave up their best player for another player that is only obligated for one year with them. Things can change of course.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers-...161857781.html
No, DeMar DeRozan's problem isn't with San Antonio or the Spurs at all. He'll likely grow to like both once he gets there. His problem and the source of his unhappiness is that Toronto lied to him, they told him as recently as this week that he's not being traded and not going anywhere. Then they trade him.

This cuts him especially deep because Toronto is the only NBA city he's ever known in his career and he bonded with the city over his 9 years. He's the rare American athlete that actually loved playing there and desired to remain there for the duration of his career. He viewed himself as Toronto, as a huge part of that organization and its history and he's not wrong for that.

He's going to a great situation on a team that really does want him and he'll improve as a player when there. Kawhi Leonard, on the other hand, actually doesn't want to play in Toronto. He doesn't want to be in Toronto at all and he and his camp are being both petty and pouty about it, not to mention quite unprofessional the way they are handling it. There's talk of Kawhi sitting out all of next season despite being healthy simply because he doesn't want to be in Toronto, that's super unprofessional of his camp. He should be professional and give Toronto a year, a fair chance, and if he doesn't like it then so be it, walk away from it all next summer but be professional about it.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:54 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I don't understand folks who don't like Kawhi or his uncle over this. Kawhi didn't want to live in San Antonio, that's not a crime. No one whined when Kyrie Irving demanded to be traded out of Cleveland

The Spurs have no future. Duncan is gone, Parker is gone, Manu is old, Pop will soon retire, LMA isn't elite, and they are stuck getting their butts whooped by the all-star team that is GSW every damn year

This was the perfect chance to get out of SA and start fresh. All parties should be happy.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:04 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I don't understand folks who don't like Kawhi or his uncle over this. Kawhi didn't want to live in San Antonio, that's not a crime. No one whined when Kyrie Irving demanded to be traded out of Cleveland

The Spurs have no future. Duncan is gone, Parker is gone, Manu is old, Pop will soon retire, LMA isn't elite, and they are stuck getting their butts whooped by the all-star team that is GSW every damn year

This was the perfect chance to get out of SA and start fresh. All parties should be happy.
If you are referring to me then I have to say that I have zero issue with him wanting to move on from San Antonio. Never said anything to the contrary as it is.

However, my issue with Kawhi's uncle and his camp in general was the possibility of Kawhi sitting out all of next season simply because he doesn't want to play for Toronto. That's a bad look, especially because he missed all but 9 games last season, that's basically missing two seasons in a row. Which is bad optics for a player designated to hit unrestricted free agency next summer.

I also think the way Kawhi's uncle has handled a lot of this situation is quite poor and borders on unprofessional, if the reports are true, but that's not really my concern. I don't have anything to lose in this case. It also doesn't change my opinion on Kawhi Leonard, I still think of him the same way, my favorite player in the NBA and a good person all around.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 07-21-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball