U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2018, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
1,234 posts, read 636,323 times
Reputation: 740

Advertisements

I was reading comments on YouTube while watching the Celtics/Cavs highlights. A lot people in the comments section were saying, "It was rigged" and "The Celtics lost Game 3 because of the refs." It's almost the same thing when the Cavs and Warriors faced off in The Finals. Why do fans say that when one team wins and the other team loses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2018, 04:23 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Why Do Fans Blame the Refs When a Team Loses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I was reading comments on YouTube while watching the Celtics/Cavs highlights. A lot people in the comments section were saying, "It was rigged" and "The Celtics lost Game 3 because of the refs." It's almost the same thing when the Cavs and Warriors faced off in The Finals. Why do fans say that when one team wins and the other team loses?
Certain sore-loser fans have been conditioned to always blame those obviously treacherous, back-stabbing awful refs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2018, 04:32 PM
 
11,679 posts, read 7,043,561 times
Reputation: 6387
It’s just part of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2018, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,199 posts, read 10,411,824 times
Reputation: 11208
It depends. Fans naturally remember borderline calls that went against their team and ignore what is called in their favor. Sometimes, though, the refs do call ticky-tack fouls on one team while clearly ignoring the same plays on the other side. Usually in favor of the team who is losing the series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2018, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
1,234 posts, read 636,323 times
Reputation: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It depends. Fans naturally remember borderline calls that went against their team and ignore what is called in their favor. Sometimes, though, the refs do call ticky-tack fouls on one team while clearly ignoring the same plays on the other side. Usually in favor of the team who is losing the series.
Even in blowouts some fans still blame the refs. I don't think the refs favor the teams that are losing the series. Just like some Warrior fans, media and NBA fans still blame the refs and the NBA for the Warriors losing the 2016 NBA Finals. You even had Ayesha Curry tweeting that the series was rigged because Steph got ejected. In this Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals, they were more calls going the Celtics way than the Cavs especially some calls that shouldn't have been called and they were leading 2-1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 PM
 
929 posts, read 296,266 times
Reputation: 799
This is a question worth posing because of what posters state on You Tube? We all may as well tune into “The View” to better ascertain what political candidates we should vote for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2018, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
1,234 posts, read 636,323 times
Reputation: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
This is a question worth posing because of what posters state on You Tube? We all may as well tune into ďThe ViewĒ to better ascertain what political candidates we should vote for.
And your point is? Don't like the post, move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2018, 07:45 PM
 
6,188 posts, read 2,852,918 times
Reputation: 15665
Because, some Calls in sports have been the Tipping point for win or lose. All courtesy of a person who may or maynot have had the PERFECT VIEW to make the call.

Tennis is one that comes to mind where many outageous calls were made by refs. Then along comes the Instant replay and the Fault Finder Devices ....Actually PROVING the refs would have been WRONG in how they called it.


refs are by far not without poor judgment...they are to be objective in following the rules set by the league/game. The kicker is...they are human...and make some brilliant mistakes that have made some players really rich and others running a donut shop by the end of the play .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2018, 07:48 PM
 
929 posts, read 296,266 times
Reputation: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
And your point is? Don't like the post, move on
I shall; couldnít help myself given the ridiculous premise you laid out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2018, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,826,234 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Itís just part of the game.
Bingo.

Thatís like asking why do players complain to the refs about calls they donít like, itís part of the game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top