Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 06:19 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Maybe they should send that wasteman Kendrick Perkins out there to mean mug everyone. Or drunk ass JR, or Triston Kardashian. If that won’t work, Lebron can just take his $40k murse and leave

Nobody’s afraid of that squad...get outta here with that nonsense.
LOL. Kendrick's mean mug to Steph was pretty funny. @47 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZvzfkhDfA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The Cavs need to just do as the Bad Boy Pistons used to do to the Bulls. Rough em up! You got nothing to lose.
Taking three free throws is a better percentage shot for most than a three point shot not counting the four point play opportunities. Where as the Bad Boy rules stopped dunks and closer shots which were a greater percentage shot than missing 2 out of 10 free throws

Old 06-04-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Taking three free throws is a better percentage shot for most than a three point shot not counting the four point play opportunities. Where as the Bad Boy rules stopped dunks and closer shots which were a greater percentage shot than missing 2 out of 10 free throws
Do you believe their bodies will hold up taking the punishment that the bad boy pistons dished out?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Do you believe their bodies will hold up taking the punishment that the bad boy pistons dished out?
They would not have to since nobody is penetrating the lane anyway. Flagrant 2, no more Bad Boy on the bench.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
They would not have to since nobody is penetrating the lane anyway. Flagrant 2, no more Bad Boy on the bench.
come on, Draymond, grabs and kicks the testicles of opponents and doesn't get a flagrant 2.

Cavs need to emulate Draymond.

Curry goes up to shoot a 3. They need to do a Draymond kick to the testicles.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Cavs should do better at home. Never count them out.

Steph Curry Is Running Circles Around The Cavs’ Defense

Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
come on, Draymond, grabs and kicks the testicles of opponents and doesn't get a flagrant 2.

Cavs need to emulate Draymond.

Curry goes up to shoot a 3. They need to do a Draymond kick to the testicles.
But then the Bad Boys used two body checks on someone trying to drive down the lane. Someone hanging out beyond the 3 point line had just a token defender, whose actual assignment was the lane double team, the defender looked towards the guy "out of scoring position" occasionally to avoid any illegal defense penalty.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:33 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Never count out the Cavs. They were down 0-2 in 2016, outscored in both games by a humongous margin.

The Warriors Have Broken the Cavaliers’ Spirit

Quote:
And you know what that problem was? The Cavs’ spirit was broken. LeBron—exhausted from having to lug around his leaf-stuffed teammates for the past eight-and-a-half months—didn’t switch into his usual superhuman Turbo Mode. He didn’t look mortal, because LeBron never looks mortal, but he did look, well ...tired. He just looked tired, man. He looked like a guy who has done all he can with what he’s got, and is counting down the days until he’s a free agent and can go play basketball with people who aren’t Jordan Clarkson.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:44 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I am in awe of Cleveland.

They didn't seem to be playing particularly well and LeBron seems to be dragging, but they are still hanging in there only six down, in a third quarter usually utterly dominated by Golden State.

Kyle Korver has only played a little over 7 minutes, shouldn't he be an option to start raining down 3's?
Korver isn't getting good looks because the Warriors are focused on staying on his hip when he is in. It doesn't help the Cavs that they spend a lot of time getting mismatches for LBJ in the half-court set, leaving little time to spring Korver for open looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
The way Korver is benched in favor JR Smith, maybe Lue has a personal dislike toward Korver....
And Korver gives full effort on defense, so I don't think its that.
And JR's offense is looking as inefficient as ever.
With the Warriors sticking to Korver, he doesn't provide much offense. I think he is a harder worker on defense than JR, but he can't stick with the Warriors players at this stage of his career. It's a rock-and-a-hard-place situation for Lue on those two.

Quote:
Golden State are using dribble penetration a lot more in Game 2, and that makes their perimeter twice as dangerous.
The Cavs have a really porous defense. They have to get a lot better defensively to compete in this series.

Quote:
Durant only averaged 5.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 0.9 blocks in the Houston series.
Durant NBA Finals-
Game 1: 26 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks
Game 2: 26 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks
The Rockets played great defense and the Cavs have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Short take:

Cleveland is more competitive in the first two games this year than they were last year. 0-2 to this Warriors team is not ideal, and there are a lot of things that need to be cleaned up. The calls that didn't go their way on the road will go their way at home; the wide open looks will more often fall at home...I'm not one to bang on refs, you can't find a single post I've ever harped on refereeing, but there was some very Warrior-centric refereeing in these first two games. That isn't why the Cavs lost these two games, but I do think that trend will reverse itself in Cleveland...

Again, I'm a lot more confident than I was down 0-2 last year. This Cavs team looked better and I think there is at least a 50% chance that the series goes back to Oakland 2-2. I'll stand by that unless I'm proven wrong on Sunday lol...
This Cavs team needs to put up more resistance on defense. They need to be more physical, they need to pressure the ball, they need to contest shots, and they need to get their hands into passing lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Disagree -- the officiating is why they lost the first game. They outplayed Golden State in that one.

Agree that the league will (try to) make up for it in Cleveland. Also agree that it still could be a series. After 2016, I'll never lose faith.
Defense is why the Cavs lost the first game. It's why they lost the second game, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The next three days we are going to have to hear everyone alive talk about how the Warriors are en route to a sweep. Not gonna happen, I didn't believe it before the series, don't believe it now...

Especially because the gameplan and execution is better than last year. Adjustments of course need to be made, but the Cavs are not far off here. I don't see how anyone with a sound basketball mind can say otherwise...we aren't far off...

Regarding Game 1, the Cavs came unglued down the stretch. I think they let the officiating get into their heads, which, as professionals and on this stage no less, cannot let that take them off of their game. It was a great game. The JR botch cost them the game, Hill blowing that free throw allowed that. And then we lost all competitiveness in OT. That's on us, but with that said, the officiating was a contributory factor...

Even tonight: ball off of Durant's knee out if bounds, Warriors ball; Curry airballs a 3, Warriors ball; Lebron getting hacked repeatedly, no call, etc. I don't think these calls decided the game, and in every sport there are penalties every play on both sides that go missed/uncalled, but any fair observer has to admit the slant on the calls leans Golden State, no question about it...

Our transition d is still wanting, Love in particular does a horrible job of contesting lay-ins. We might need to tweak our approach of switching everything. There are other adjustments bit we are really close. We were 9-27 on three, they were 15-36, and we missed a ton of great looks and wide open shots. The rhythm wasn't in our favor tonight, it happens. We will shoot it better moving forward, and this will absolutely be a series...

Go Cavs!
The Cavs' defense was bad in Game 1 and worse in Game 2. The media attention on the charge/block & JR Smith concealed the actual basketball: the LBJ made a lot of tough shots in Game 1, and the Warriors missed on a quite a few great looks. The Cavs have to play better to compete. Officiating is not the difference.

The Curry "airball" 3 was an obvious foul & makeup call. LBJ has taken 20 free throws, more than anyone else in the series. Curry, as usual, gets no love from officials on his drives, even though he routinely gets contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
While there were no game breaking calls like in game 1, officiating was still horrible. Look at Curry the wrong way and it's a foul.

Lebron has been down 2-0 alot of times, I wouldn't say it's over yet, certainly not looking good.
Curry took 2 free throws and one of them was on a technical foul. I'm not sure how you can possibly think that looking at Curry is a foul.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:01 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
My interest in this series is taking a nose dive. I just kinda watch between doing other things....no interest in the post game stuff. If the Warriors take a 20 point lead in game 3 I’ll be about done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball