U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 11:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 1,562,385 times

Advertisements

I'd love for Golden State to sweep Cleveland, but surely Cleveland will be a lot more hungry than Golden State.
Some players of Golden State will want to win at home, maybe even all of them will want that.
Cleveland will surely not want to suffer the humiliation of a sweep at home.
The games have been close enough for the result to come down to who is hungrier and more intense.
I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to see a sweep.
I hope Cleveland are in quitter mode, which we rarely see in NBA Finals....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 12:24 AM

11,680 posts, read 7,072,578 times
I just don’t see how the Cavs get up for a game being down 3-0. If the Warriors don’t go away quietly I can see them blowing it open for a 20 point win. Down 3-0 and seeing a 3 ball flury from GS might crush their spirits. Odds are Curry won’t stay so cold in another game and Durant probably feels like the best player in world right now.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:01 AM

6,111 posts, read 1,846,925 times
KD confirms hes’s resigning with the Warriors next season, shocker
Kevin Durant confirms that he plans to stay with Golden State Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Curious how old you are? This team is not any better than they were preKD
I agree. TheCityTheBridge can’t be any older than middle school based on those posts. Pre-KD the Warriors were just as good as they are now, they only hold the record for most games ever won in a season before KD even arrived.

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-08-2018 at 04:21 AM..

Old 06-08-2018, 04:17 AM

6,111 posts, read 1,846,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
CUt the crap...Lebron did the exact same thing and got crucified for it at the time, now is universally regarded as one of the best ever. When all is said and done, history recognizes accomplishments, and highlight reels will tell the story, not Instagram trolls.
Lebron didn’t do the exact same thing, the Heat were not a 70+ game win team ever. They only had 3 superstars not 4. And Lebron came back to win for the Cavs so all was forgiven. KD will never go back to OKC and has already told reporters he plans to re-sign with GSW this summer. It’s going to be another boring season.

If history recognizes accomplishments and highlight reels then OJ Simpson, Aaron Henrnandez, and Michael Vick would be recognized. As you know, they’re considered a disgrace and that will be KD’s fate. He will get 3-6 rings with GSW but will soon realize the cost for them was his legacy, respect, and recogniztion. Curry, Klay, and Green? Their legacy will be just fine, they didn’t do anything wrong. Westbrook will also have a great legacy even despite being a ball hog who will never win the big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Lebron is talked about all day. He's way more hated. You're thinking of maybe the past 2 years.
KD is close to Lebron as the most hated, and will soon surpass him with each ring. He’s top 4 right now

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-lis...ve-nba-players
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The Heat were such a combination that not 1, not 2, not 3, 4, 5 or 6 championships were predicted. It’s basically the same thing - Lebron formed a trio everyone knew would dominate the league (4 straight finals). That Heat win 3 rings if Lebron doesn’t wet the bed in 2011.
GSW has 4 all-star, The Heat only had 3. Otherwise yes, wetting he bed in 2011 will haunt him forever, he’ll never face a team that “easy” compared to GSW now.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 10 hours ago)

12,221 posts, read 10,448,793 times
Sounds like someone is splitting hairs to justify their hatred. The Warriors were a drafted team who added a superstar. The Heat were a group of stars who conspired in an off-season to all play together on the same team. Whichever you find more dispicable (or not) is a matter of personal taste, I guess.

And why the hell would Durant ever go back to OKC? His original city was Seattle.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:35 AM

4,492 posts, read 3,167,175 times
Drafting a championship caliber team is not as easy as people think. You need an awful lot of luck for it to pan out the way it has with Golden State. No one thought Curry would be at this level, likely not even Golden State. They took a chance that paid off handsomely. Many of us thought Andrew Wiggins would be more than he is right now with the Timberwolves. Sometimes you do get the luxury of buying low and selling high. I would argue that more people bet high and sell at a loss. To end up with 4 All-Stars on one team is unheard of as well. When you fall into riches as Golden State has, you do what you can to keep that unit together.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:39 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,089,365 times
I wouldn't mind a sweep just to get it over with lol Cavs fought, but the Warriors are just better. I have no issues with who plays on which team, why, who goes where, etc. I get the frustrations, though.

I wasn't mad when LeBron went to the Heat. I remember kids I went to school with literally burning his jersey (which they all rebought when he came back haha). It is what it is

Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM

4,492 posts, read 3,167,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Drafting a championship caliber team is not as easy as people think. You need an awful lot of luck for it to pan out the way it has with Golden State. No one thought Curry would be at this level, likely not even Golden State. They took a chance that paid off handsomely. Many of us thought Andrew Wiggins would be more than he is right now with the Timberwolves. Sometimes you do get the luxury of buying low and selling high. I would argue that more people bet high and sell at a loss. To end up with 4 All-Stars on one team is unheard of as well. When you fall into riches as Golden State has, you do what you can to keep that unit together.

And one more thing. The Golden State movement has been burning since the "We Believe" run of 2006-2007, when they beat the Dallas Mavericks in the first round. I think you have teams trying to mimic that kind of luck, like the Sixers did with "The Process". It's much harder than people think and the Warriors have DEFINITELY had some breaks go their way. The decline of Wade was likely in the favor of Golden State as well. Also, the various injuries with Cleveland and the inability to put a unit together has helped as well. The best thing in their favor was the discord between Durant and Westbrook. You got a top 5 guy for pennies on the dollar and didn't have to break up your core to acquire him, and you were coming off a 73-9 season too. That's good fortune that not many teams can replicate or even dream of replicating.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:04 AM

28,312 posts, read 26,320,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Hardly. Raw win shares when you aren't comparing the same number of games is not comparable.
But Curry and Durant have played exactly the same number of regular season games the past 2 seasons--130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Why would you compare the regular season total over 3 years to a regular season total over 2 years?
Because KD hasn't been in a Warriors jersey for 3 years.

For people who say that Lebron did the same thing as KD, the data shows that's not completely true. Or maybe the situation KD currently finds himself in was what Lebron was looking for, but it's not ultimately what he got. Lebron was a workhorse during his first stint in Cleveland and he continued to be a workhorse in Miami. KD, by contrast, has a pretty easy ride with Golden State since he doesn't have to produce night after night. He's coasting to championships.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:14 AM

28,312 posts, read 26,320,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Curious how old you are? This team is not any better than they were preKD
Record-wise, no, but there's no way they beat Cleveland 3-1 in the Finals last year or sweep this year without KD.

Two years ago, a lot of Golden State critics said they'd be exposed in the playoffs when defenses stiffened and stifled their ball movement, and they were right. That was the whole point of getting KD--they could count on him for buckets when that happened. On paper, the KD era Warriors aren't as good the pre-KD Warriors, but in reality the Warriors likely would have lost to the Spurs, OKC or even Cleveland again without KD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or