U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 02:37 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,052,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's a long shot but LeBron would be a great fit for the Spurs. Especially as Tony Parker is just a shadow of his former self, with LeBron the main ball handler, Leonard at the two (if he agrees to stay, highly likely), and Aldrige in the post, that's a fantastic team. Plus they got a lot of great high energy youngsters as well as veterans. A far cry from the scrubs LeBron's been carrying these past years.

Report: Gregg Popovich to ‘Force His Way’ into LeBron James Meeting
I can see the team revolving around Lebron...Aldridge becomes worse than Love/Bosh and Kawhi isn’t producing enough offense to take the burden of Lebron. Lebron gets lazier and plays less defense. All 3 of them can’t cosistently hit 3s to keep up with the Warriors. Drama ensues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 11:51 AM

6,105 posts, read 1,833,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I can see the team revolving around Lebron...Aldridge becomes worse than Love/Bosh and Kawhi isnít producing enough offense to take the burden of Lebron. Lebron gets lazier and plays less defense. All 3 of them canít cosistently hit 3s to keep up with the Warriors. Drama ensues.
Thatís why Lebron wonít win #4. No team will ever hit 3s like GSW, ever. They have 3 GOAT shooters.

Kawhi is good but heís no miracle worker and Aldridge ainít no Tim Duncan

Old 06-15-2018, 02:31 PM

4,212 posts, read 2,833,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Yeah, there's definite people out there, include 'burb, who believe that, I'm definitely not one of them, but you know what they say about opinions, everybody's got one!

Heck, I'm probably a "Debbie downer" or pessimist when it comes to LeBron, and I realize "luck", a call here or there, injuries/etc. are all apart of the game, but LeBron could easily be 1-8 in NBA Finals if San Antonio didn't do some bonehead things at the end of Game 6 of the 2013 Finals and the Dubs didn't choke after being up 3-1 in the 2016 Finals, oh well.
He could easily be 5-4 as well:

--2014 Lebron averaged 57%fg and 52%3p on 28ppg and 8rpg. Easily the best player in the series, shot 57%fg and 41%3p for the entire 2014 playoffs, but of course Wade and Bosh pulled various disappearing acts that postseason, none more egregious than The Finals. Nobody wants to remember how those two faded on him, I guess people consider it the payback for 2011. He did enough for his team to win; his teammates didn't...

--2015 easily conceivable he wins that chip with a healthy Kyrie and Love. Not a stretch by any means...

He's 3-6. When you've lost to the teams he's lost to, and been the underdog pretty much each time (besides 11-13), there's no shame in that. I'll say it again-->10+ years from now, it will be my generation driving the narratives. And while there's no shortage of Lebron hate from millennials, our narrative is widely different than the generation ahead of us that's driving the conversations today. We will remember Lebron as the GOAT of his era by a substantial margin who, once he rounded into form, could only be beat by himself (2011), or All-Time TEAMS (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018), because he was a one-man dynasty who won three rings in a five-year span himself, with two different franchises and varying degree of talent around him...

Old 06-15-2018, 04:20 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post

--2014 Lebron averaged 57%fg and 52%3p on 28ppg and 8rpg. Easily the best player in the series, shot 57%fg and 41%3p for the entire 2014 playoffs, but of course Wade and Bosh pulled various disappearing acts that postseason, none more egregious than The Finals. Nobody wants to remember how those two faded on him, I guess people consider it the payback for 2011. He did enough for his team to win; his teammates didn't...

--2015 easily conceivable he wins that chip with a healthy Kyrie and Love. Not a stretch by any means...

He's 3-6. When you've lost to the teams he's lost to, and been the underdog pretty much each time (besides 11-13), there's no shame in that. I'll say it again-->10+ years from now, it will be my generation driving the narratives. And while there's no shortage of Lebron hate from millennials, our narrative is widely different than the generation ahead of us that's driving the conversations today. We will remember Lebron as the GOAT of his era by a substantial margin who, once he rounded into form, could only be beat by himself (2011), or All-Time TEAMS (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018), because he was a one-man dynasty who won three rings in a five-year span himself, with two different franchises and varying degree of talent around him...
Every team that won rings with LBJ had two other All-NBA players in their primes. He certainly did not win 3 in 5 himself. He won with stacked teams and lost with stacked teams.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:31 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,323,312 times
Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily say "he could easily be 5-4 as well", he was definitely a lot closer to being 1-8 than he was 5-4!

I guess in the end, it's a wash since he ended up 3-6.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Every team that won rings with LBJ had two other All-NBA players in their primes. He certainly did not win 3 in 5 himself. He won with stacked teams and lost with stacked teams.
This isnt true. He had one other All-NBA player on both teams--Wade (2011-13), and Kyrie (2015). Gives new meaning to the word "stacked"...in hindsight, Kevin Love's prime was the four years before he came to Cleveland. He's been on a steady decline since. Bosh got better playing with Lebron; Wade's prime came to a sudden end before Lebron even left Miami...

Now Curry, that guy has won three rings on a stacked team with THREE other All-NBA players--Thompson (2015-16), Green (2016-17), Durant (2017-18)...

He didn't win those rings by himself, but I didn't say he did. He was a one-man dynasty: he was the #1 for all of those championships and he is the only one of those All-NBA players to win with multiple teams, and multiple as a #1, in a 5-year span. You didn't actually debunk what I said; you inferred that i was saying something i wasn't...

Old 06-16-2018, 07:59 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,833,046 times
Quote:
.in hindsight, Kevin Love's prime was the four years before he came to Cleveland.
That wasn't his prime, that was him stat padding as the only big star on the timberwolves. It's amazing how he went to crap when you put more stars around him.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:23 PM

5,493 posts, read 4,100,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Lakers fans donít have to have wet dreams like warriors fans. Everyone knows which organization is better over the long run evidenced by the number of titles and domination in the 80s and 2000s, and 65 years ago in Minneapolis.

The thing is the warriors fans are cry babies and were still complaining about getting robbed in 2016 even after landing Durant. They donít even acknowledge beating Cleveland without Kyrie and love in 2015 or beating the rockets without chris Paul. Curry is a whiner with his antics on the court throwing his mouthpiece and incessant complaining. Picking fights with an over the hill Perkins on the bench because what he should move his feet because curry is in Clevelandís bench. Whatever.

At least Lakers fans acknowledge the kings got robbed in 2002 and called out what punks they were after losing to the Mavs in 2011. Give it time the warriors will go away. Next year? 2 years? Like I said enjoy it while it lasts and try not to be such a spoiled winner like all their fans are right now.
It's funny you say the warrior fans are all cry babies. I see a lot of people not warrior fans crying a whole lot more. Picking those things you just did yet not bringing up others just shows bias.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
This isnt true. He had one other All-NBA player on both teams--Wade (2011-13), and Kyrie (2015). Gives new meaning to the word "stacked"...in hindsight, Kevin Love's prime was the four years before he came to Cleveland. He's been on a steady decline since. Bosh got better playing with Lebron; Wade's prime came to a sudden end before Lebron even left Miami...

Now Curry, that guy has won three rings on a stacked team with THREE other All-NBA players--Thompson (2015-16), Green (2016-17), Durant (2017-18)...

He didn't win those rings by himself, but I didn't say he did. He was a one-man dynasty: he was the #1 for all of those championships and he is the only one of those All-NBA players to win with multiple teams, and multiple as a #1, in a 5-year span. You didn't actually debunk what I said; you inferred that i was saying something i wasn't...
The Warriors' players are simply getting the accolades they deserve. Bosh & Love were both better basketball players on LBJ's teams, but they didn't put up the same numbers because they settled into roles with fewer shots. They were still playing All-NBA basketball--they just weren't getting recognized. Kevin Love is still in his prime. If he were on a team that needed more scoring, he would deliver it. He is playing great basketball right now, and was excellent in the Finals.

You said LBJ was a one-man dynasty. His runs in Miami and Cleveland v.2.0 were on stacked teams. He won with talent and he lost with talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That wasn't his prime, that was him stat padding as the only big star on the timberwolves. It's amazing how he went to crap when you put more stars around him.
He's better now than he was in Minnesota.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The Warriors' players are simply getting the accolades they deserve. Bosh & Love were both better basketball players on LBJ's teams, but they didn't put up the same numbers because they settled into roles with fewer shots. They were still playing All-NBA basketball--they just weren't getting recognized. Kevin Love is still in his prime. If he were on a team that needed more scoring, he would deliver it. He is playing great basketball right now, and was excellent in the Finals.

You said LBJ was a one-man dynasty. His runs in Miami and Cleveland v.2.0 were on stacked teams. He won with talent and he lost with talent.

He's better now than he was in Minnesota.
Lol alota fluff here, just admit you were wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or