U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 PM
 
4,492 posts, read 3,155,487 times
Reputation: 4293

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
First, he's probably going to miss a good chunk at the start of the season (not that the Dubs even need him during the regular season at all!). Second, who knows how efficient he will be when he's back, will he be the same or worse? Some say a torn achlilles is worse than tearing your ACL/MCL.


How NBA players have historically fared after Achilles injuries
Dude!!! What are you smoking?!?! Who cares. You got an ALL STAR for the MLE. I guarantee you any team that could make a deal like that would. In the grand scheme of things, even if you get him at 50%, itís a better deal than many teams are paying for someone whoís 100% healthy. There isnít a team in the league that wouldnít make that deal and theyíd probably even pay him double. Itís too cheap not to gamble. Golden State is straight up swindling the league right now! This is absurd. Hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Formerly Pleasanton Ca, now in Marietta Ga
5,466 posts, read 4,094,118 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Dude!!! What are you smoking?!?! Who cares. You got an ALL STAR for the MLE. I guarantee you any team that could make a deal like that would. In the grand scheme of things, even if you get him at 50%, itís a better deal than many teams are paying for someone whoís 100% healthy. There isnít a team in the league that wouldnít make that deal and theyíd probably even pay him double. Itís too cheap not to gamble. Golden State is straight up swindling the league right now! This is absurd. Hahaha
I'm in shock. I thought it was a stretch that we might get Howard, but never Boogie. If he can play at 50-70 percent we just went major upgrade. I was sad we lost Mcgee, but not so much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Status: "RIP Solomon Tekah" (set 8 days ago)
 
1,223 posts, read 580,757 times
Reputation: 1183
Man, I was hoping this was a joke but congrats warriors fans. I have no malice towards GS they deserve it for the next 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:51 PM
 
4,492 posts, read 3,155,487 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I'm in shock. I thought it was a stretch that we might get Howard, but never Boogie. If he can play at 50-70 percent we just went major upgrade. I was sad we lost Mcgee, but not so much anymore.
And you clearly get it. Itís not about Boogie being 100%. Heís with the Warriors, he doesnít have to shoulder anything. All he needs to do is do what he does best and bang in the paint. Plus you have 5 guys starting that can shoot the 3. If Boogie can come back with 12 points and 7-10 rebounds a night, heís won and so have the Warriors. Heís already been paid by Sac and New Orleans, so itís not about money.

We all thought Boogie played angry before. Let him come back at 70% and all centers will be put on notice. This is just like when Durant came to Golden State. Angry and wanted to prove a point and boy did he prove a point. Boogie is miles ahead of all the centers on the Warriors squad, and Iím excluding Draymond, because heís a 4. He just plays the undersized 5, because they havenít had a true center since Bogut. This team is going to be a force, even more so than the last 4 years. Canít discredit a starting line up of 5 All-Stars all in their primes or near them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 08:23 PM
 
11,679 posts, read 7,046,867 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
And you clearly get it. Itís not about Boogie being 100%. Heís with the Warriors, he doesnít have to shoulder anything. All he needs to do is do what he does best and bang in the paint. Plus you have 5 guys starting that can shoot the 3. If Boogie can come back with 12 points and 7-10 rebounds a night, heís won and so have the Warriors. Heís already been paid by Sac and New Orleans, so itís not about money.

We all thought Boogie played angry before. Let him come back at 70% and all centers will be put on notice. This is just like when Durant came to Golden State. Angry and wanted to prove a point and boy did he prove a point. Boogie is miles ahead of all the centers on the Warriors squad, and Iím excluding Draymond, because heís a 4. He just plays the undersized 5, because they havenít had a true center since Bogut. This team is going to be a force, even more so than the last 4 years. Canít discredit a starting line up of 5 All-Stars all in their primes or near them!
He was probably worth 5M even if he doesnít play next year. They kept a decent player from signing with the Lakers or Rockets. The Lakers or Rockets couldíve had something going with Cousins. Paul/Harden/Cousins couldíve been a threat. Lebron/Cousins/Rondo couldíve had a chance too...maybe even a favorite if Kawhi came aboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 PM
 
4,492 posts, read 3,155,487 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He was probably worth 5M even if he doesnít play next year. They kept a decent player from signing with the Lakers or Rockets. The Lakers or Rockets couldíve had something going with Cousins. Paul/Harden/Cousins couldíve been a threat. Lebron/Cousins/Rondo couldíve had a chance too...maybe even a favorite if Kawhi came aboard.
Iím starting to get the feeling that the Kawhi deal may be him in San Antonio. The only thing I can imagine is the Lakers move the guys they just signed to get Kawhi and then do an under the table deal to make sure he resigns. They absolutely need to keep Ingram and Kuzma. I can care less about Ball honestly. I donít think Lebron has the time to watch him mature and grow into a player. We saw what happened when Kobe played with a young and inexperienced team. He jacked up shots and took full advantage of his farewell tour in his final year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 08:37 PM
 
1,426 posts, read 2,541,099 times
Reputation: 2027
I hope the nba prepares for record low ratings for the finals. No point in even watching, just give the warriors the trophy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,225 posts, read 8,236,619 times
Reputation: 4910
This league keeps getting more and more uninteresting. Good lord the regular season is going to be even worse of a snoozefest than it already is.

Don't kid yourselves, injuries or not to Boogie Golden State is winning next years title. Not that they were not going to win it, but this makes their road all the more easier. They can rest Cousins in the regular season/1st and 2nd round and insert him when it's time to face Houston in the conference finals again. Then rest him when it's time to feast on Boston in the Finals. They're sweeping the playoffs and will win 70+ regular season games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,829,738 times
Reputation: 8673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I hope the nba prepares for record low ratings for the finals. No point in even watching, just give the warriors the trophy now.
The league should've blocked the KD to GSW deal. I don't care if it's illegal, deal should've never happened.

OKC blew a 3-1 lead to GSW and now everyone else gets to be punished for it. If they beat GSW that year, KD stays in OKC. Kyrie Irving never demands to leave the Cavs (knowing they would likely win 1 more title), and Lebron doesn't leave the Cavs for Lakers.

This crap is so stupid. I said before that Lebron will never get his 4th ring and now it looks like it's a real possibility that he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 10:39 AM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,874,751 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He was probably worth 5M even if he doesnít play next year. They kept a decent player from signing with the Lakers or Rockets. The Lakers or Rockets couldíve had something going with Cousins. Paul/Harden/Cousins couldíve been a threat. Lebron/Cousins/Rondo couldíve had a chance too...maybe even a favorite if Kawhi came aboard.
It's a moderate risk, high reward signing. The Dubs lose out on the chance for a nightly contributor like Kyle O'Quinn, and pick up a guy who has to rehab from an injury that may permanently damage his ability to perform at a professional level. But when healthy, Cousins is a top 2 center in the NBA. We're not likely to see the "All-Star Starters" until January. Cousins may not still be an all-star caliber player. If he is, then it's true that the league has virtually no hope once he returns. It would be interesting to see if Iguodala or Cousins is in the closing lineup of games that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
This league keeps getting more and more uninteresting. Good lord the regular season is going to be even worse of a snoozefest than it already is.

Don't kid yourselves, injuries or not to Boogie Golden State is winning next years title. Not that they were not going to win it, but this makes their road all the more easier. They can rest Cousins in the regular season/1st and 2nd round and insert him when it's time to face Houston in the conference finals again. Then rest him when it's time to feast on Boston in the Finals. They're sweeping the playoffs and will win 70+ regular season games.
I'm not sure Cousins can stay on the floor against Houston. Capela's mobility and the Rockets' spread P&R had the Warriors playing Looney, Draymond, and KD at center all series. Cousins can't switch out onto Harden or CP3, and he probably can't hedge/trap the pick while still recovering to Capela on the lob--especially after his achilles injury. These Warriors would be a new nightmare for the Lakers (as the roster stands), because they could bully the bigs and don't have to worry about the shooters. The Celtics would be more of a chess match. They may have too much shooting to keep Boogie on the floor defensively. But if Baynes & Smart share the floor, Boogie could rampage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top