Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 10:29 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times

Advertisements

Can't understand why the refs would go out of the way to undo the Cavs. It makes the league more money to stretch out the series. This is getting borderline pathetic. No sports is as bad at officiating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 10:31 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
I missed the first half cooking dinner, but saw like two- three fouls on Warriors that were obviously ignored. It seemed like the refs were unfairly not calling those fouls.

Also didn't like Draymond Green and his attitude......Hope Cleveland does better next time.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:34 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’m at work, can anyone summarize the OT drama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
4 seconds to go warriors shoot to avoid shot clock violation...Thompson gets mad about it, Draymon talks crap, Thompson kinda girly pushes near his face and gets ejected. A bunch of nothing really.
No after Curry and James were jawing and pushing Cleveland had conceded but the the Warrior raised up to shoot and the Cavalier made a token defensive move towards the shooter. From the referee's angle it looked like he was throwing a forearm to the head and he issued a flagrant 2 and ejection. In the emotional aftermath we had the pushing and shoving. I predict that in the NBA review in the opposite angle ABC's broadcast showed that the flagrant will be removed and a technical foul for the post ejection stuff will be issued

Old 05-31-2018, 10:38 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
I'm not one to cry about fouls but some of these calls were beyond ludicrous.

How about Green raking James across the eyes, there was a visible blood spot on James' left eye.

Not only that but also the charge that was later changed to a foul for Durant, that was a huge one.

But in the end the Cavs have only themselves to blame. Both teams had 18 fouls called against each other. Hill missed a free throw and JR made a horrible, horrible mental mistake.

But I expect the Cavs to come out fighting again in game 2.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:39 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
No after Curry and James were jawing and pushing Cleveland had conceded but the the Warrior raised up to shoot and the Cavalier made a token defensive move towards the shooter. From the referee's angle it looked like he was throwing a forearm to the head and he issued a flagrant 2 and ejection. In the emotional aftermath we had the pushing and shoving. I predict that in the NBA review in the opposite angle ABC's broadcast showed that the flagrant will be removed and a technical foul for the post ejection stuff will be issued
So like I said, basically nothing happened...a typical NBA skirmish.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:43 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

How about Green raking James across the eyes, there was a visible blood spot on James' left eye.

Not only that but also the charge that was later changed to a foul for Durant, that was a huge one.
Yes, those were definitely fouls. Can refs really be that biased?

Also worth mentioning Lebron had 51 PTS. That is amazing.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:10 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,144 times
Quote:

But in the end the Cavs have only themselves to blame. Both teams had 18 fouls called against each other. Hill missed a free throw and JR made a horrible, horrible mental mistake.

Hill and JR don't happen if it wasn't for the charge overturn. They say don't let the refs decide the game but it seems they were trying to decide the game on their own. Nobody paid their money to see them. Plus, Warriors still would've had a chance to win if Hill made the 2nd free throw. Some people on Twitter are overacting saying "LeBron's gone folks."

Old 05-31-2018, 11:27 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,424 times
Quote:

I don't see what else the Cavs can do. They gave it their best and the refs made sure they lost. Can't beat the warriors and the refs. I expect we'll see a deflated Cavs team on Sunday get destroyed. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:33 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I could respect (and perhaps root for) GSW if KD was not on it. They didn’t need him and its a travesty that it happened.

It’s so hard to watch this crap unfold.

It doesn’t matter who you blame for the Cavs loss. The fact is that this is disgusting to watch 4 all stars against 1.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:53 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I could respect (and perhaps root for) GSW if KD was not on it. They didn’t need him and its a travesty that it happened.

It’s so hard to watch this crap unfold.

It doesn’t matter who you blame for the Cavs loss. The fact is that this is disgusting to watch 4 all stars against 1.
Kevin Love is an All-Star, last I checked.

The refs clearly jobbed for Cleveland in Game Four of last year and Game Six in 2016, so I go in expecting them to have to fight against BS calls all game long. Turns out it was the Cavs who endured it tonight.

J.R. Smith is a part of Lebron's talent agency, as is Triston Thompson, and Lebron pressured to Cavs ownership to sign both to max contracts two years ago. I don't feel sorry for J.R.'s penchant for stupidity to come back to bite them one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball