U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,258,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I am a big Lebron fan but I think he goes there only if they bring in others where they challenge the Warriors. Today rumors coming out that Paul George wants to stay in OC, and Pop will try to work things out with Kyrie Leonard. Now some talk that Magic may take a shot at bringing in Kevin Durant, or Anthony Davis. All rumor of course, but in the end I doubt Lebron goes to LA unless he feels they can put a team together to take down the Warriors, or Rockets for that matter.
Who is this Kyrie Leonard? Certainly, a player with Kyrie's offensive repertoire and Leonard's defensive prowess would be a runaway for the 2019 MVP Award.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 AM

12,184 posts, read 10,373,719 times
I had a dream that Lebron joined forces with Kawhi in SA so it must be about to happen. My dreams don't lie!

Old 06-14-2018, 10:58 AM

8,088 posts, read 5,300,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I put down the Lakers in the poll, but that is based on family considerations. I know he wants to be around his family, and to watch his son play high school ball. Lebron owns a home in the area, and that is the reason for my guess.
On the other hand, he clearly is obsessed with winning as many titles as MJ. Lebron has legacy on his mind, and in order to fulfill his compulsion, the Lakers probably would not be the route to take.
Houston would be the choice but they would have to ditch a ton of salaries …...even if they do make for him how would chemistry be with Harden, Paul, and Lebron?
I think a team who would zoom to the top with Lebron would be the 76ers. They are loaded with talent, and the Lebron playing besides Simmons and Embid…..yikes.
Go to Philly Lebron......I have no horse in this race being from Milwaukee, but having him in Philadelphia with that boatload of talent would be fascinating.
The MJ debate is over. Lebron is not MJ. Lebron is the GOAT of his generation. He should focus on cementing his legacy and not try to duplicate the legacy of MJ.

MJ can be considered of the GOAT of the NBA. He was the one who gave the NBA that big and final push to international success. His NBA games were exciting and dramatic. Off the court, he made basketball sneakers in mode in fashion. Remember, his sneakers make Nike 1 billion dollars annually. He helped bugs bunny defeat the Monsters.

NBA OG Pioneers = Bill Russell + Wilt Chamberlain

NBA Trailblazers = Kareem, Magic and Larry

NBA GOAT = MJ

Generational GOAT = Kobe, Lebron

Superstars = a plethora of NBA players can fall on this category.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:30 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
I am telling you guys all right now!! There is now no doubt in my mind, LeBron is going to Los Angeles, as is Paul George.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:30 AM

2,758 posts, read 1,951,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Who is this Kyrie Leonard? Certainly, a player with Kyrie's offensive repertoire and Leonard's defensive prowess would be a runaway for the 2019 MVP Award.
My bad. !!!

Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM

8,088 posts, read 5,300,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I am telling you guys all right now!! There is now no doubt in my mind, LeBron is going to Los Angeles, as is Paul George.
I guess the Lakers will trade Lonzo (maybe Ingram if they can get someone good for him).

Lakers will be pretty decent.

Kuzma
Ingram (if not traded)
Lebron
Paul

maybe trade Lonzo for someone.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 06-14-2018 at 12:44 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The MJ debate is over. Lebron is not MJ. Lebron is the GOAT of his generation. He should focus on cementing his legacy and not try to duplicate the legacy of MJ.

MJ can be considered of the GOAT of the NBA. He was the one who gave the NBA that big and final push to international success. His NBA games were exciting and dramatic. Off the court, he made basketball sneakers in mode in fashion. Remember, his sneakers make Nike 1 billion dollars annually. He helped bugs bunny defeat the Monsters.

NBA GOAT = MJ

I like that list and how you formed it although I would still argue that Magic is the best player I've ever seen. I'm biased of course as a Lakers fan. Sure you can drop a few more into Pioneer and Trailblazers but mostly only nba fans would know the names.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I guess the Lakers will trade Lonzo (maybe Ingram if they can get someone good for him).

Lakers will be pretty decent.

Kuzma
Ingram (if not traded)
Lebron
Paul

maybe trade Lonzo for someone.
I would welcome a Lonzo trade because of his stupid Dis tract of Kuzma. Kuzma is 3 times the player and Lonzo says that crap??

I just don't know what we can get for him, how about a straight trade for Markelle Fultz? I might do that just to get rid of him!!

Old 06-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:

NBA GOAT = MJ

I'd include Kareem with OG Pioneers and also Oscar Robertson.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,833,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
but atleast teams now know just because he is in your jersey it doesn't automatically mean you get the ring at the end of the year!
Good point, everyone can’t be like Kevin Durant and join 70+ win team with 3 all-stars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball