U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 09:57 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,543,258 times

Advertisements

As a Cavs fan, I'm not mad. Lebron era was going to end eventually, time to startover. Good news is cavs/warriors part 5 won't happen. Will be interesting to see how bad the ratings of the finals are next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 10:11 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,061,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
As a Cavs fan, I'm not mad. Lebron era was going to end eventually, time to startover. Good news is cavs/warriors part 5 won't happen. Will be interesting to see how bad the ratings of the finals are next year.
The Celtics better be winning 60 games. If itís the Sixers or Raptors in the finals itíll be a snooze fest similar to say the Jason Kidd Nets playing the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. I bet weíll see the Warriors playing either the Rockets or Lakers in the conference finals....and that will be the real finals. The east desperately needs Kwahi playing for the Sixers. Or better yet...finally end the east vs west playoff format.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:43 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,839,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Projected starting lineup with James and Leonard has Wagner at center, Pope at SG and Ball at PG. Not sure if I see that lineup competing against Curry, Klay, Dray, Durant.
With Lebron and Leonard, they have a fighting chance

Paul George must feel like an idiot. Heís now really rich but missed his chance to play for Lebron and win a title.

This was a business move first, basketball move second.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,333,319 times
So should be set up a count down clock for when Luke Walton gets fired?

It's only a matter of time before LeBron replaces Luke with his own hand-picked coach!

Old 07-02-2018, 08:07 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,962,241 times
I was hoping that LeBron would go to the Knicks. Not that I am a Knicks fan (Celtics), but it would revitalize that franchise. The knicks haven't been good in a long time. I guess that LA is better for LeBron in terms of post-NBA life, but he'll just be another hall of famer that went to LA for the money at the end of the career. LA has had great players over the years in Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq... LeBron would be added to that list naturally, but he would be the undisputed best player to have ever played for the Knicks...

Old 07-02-2018, 08:13 AM

2,015 posts, read 2,016,234 times
Paul George will regret not signing with the Lakers. I honestly feel Russell Westbrook put so much pressure on him to sign that he didn't want to be treated like how Westbrook treated Kevin Durant.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM

52,031 posts, read 41,862,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I was hoping that LeBron would go to the Knicks. Not that I am a Knicks fan (Celtics), but it would revitalize that franchise. The knicks haven't been good in a long time. I guess that LA is better for LeBron in terms of post-NBA life, but he'll just be another hall of famer that went to LA for the money at the end of the career. LA has had great players over the years in Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq... LeBron would be added to that list naturally, but he would be the undisputed best player to have ever played for the Knicks...
The Knicks have arguably the worst owners in the NBA in terms of making smart decisions and staying out the way. Nobody is going there.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,976,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
As a LeBron fan from the first minute this news came as a shock, even more so than when he left for Miami.
Not the fact that he's leaving Cleveland but that he's joining one of the if not the largest franchise in basketball history. What does this add to his legacy? He wil won't play long enough there that Lakers fans would put him in the same category as Magic, Kareem, Kobe etc.
I'm disappointed, i rather had him go to a underdog and put them on the map.
This version of the Lakers is an "underdog" still. They won 35 games last year and no more than 27 the four prior years. If Lebron takes this team to the finals (thru the West), it would probably be his biggest achievement. The Lakers 2 biggest young stars (Ball and Kuzma) are raw as hell; Ball has scoring skills worse than Rondo and Kuzma is a mess of judgement, just puts his head down and goes. Surely at times Lebron will miss steadier, headier (but lesser) players like Korver and George Hill.

Had he gone to Houston or even Philly, those would not be underdogs.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM

52,031 posts, read 41,862,229 times
Not sure why everyone is so down on the east. The best team in the east last year didn't get to the finals due to injury and they're just getting better as they mature.

Regardless, west is going to win again whether it's Houston or GS unless something major goes down in terms of injuries, trades etc.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not sure why everyone is so down on the east. The best team in the east last year didn't get to the finals due to injury and they're just getting better as they mature.

Regardless, west is going to win again whether it's Houston or GS unless something major goes down in terms of injuries, trades etc.
Lebron gave the East a punchers chance.

The Celtics donít have a prayer against the Warriors.

If they grow from the Game 7 experience against the Cavs- where they were awful, and Kyrie has no lingering Limitations from injury or doesnít get traded they could do well again in the regular season.

Iím rooting for Philly but nothing is guaranteed with them either Embiid health Simmons jump shot.

The middle and bottom might be getting a little better but there is no doubt any longer the West will have the champion next year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball