Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It’s been said that he wants to play with his son.
They can play in any team together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
LeBron is a family man, and his family is pretty firmly established in Akron. I don’t think he wants to uproot them. He will try to continue to build up the team in Cleveland.
His son is going into high school next year so it will be a perfect time to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 09:05 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
His son is going into high school next year so it will be a perfect time to move.
True, but it seems like nowadays, a lot of these 5 and even some 4 star High School recruits, seem to jump around from team to team over their High School basketball career, sometimes going from one coast to the other and everywhere in between. I'm not saying that's what will happen to LeBron's oldest son and that he will even be a 5/4 star recruit, but you never know.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
True, but it seems like nowadays, a lot of these 5 and even some 4 star High School recruits, seem to jump around from team to team over their High School basketball career, sometimes going from one coast to the other and everywhere in between. I'm not saying that's what will happen to LeBron's oldest son and that he will even be a 5/4 star recruit, but you never know.
Duke is already interested in him. I don't see Lebron staying unless they make a lot of moves in this offseason.

Maybe Kawhi and Paul G joining him would make him stay in Cleveland.

I don't see him going to the 76ers. The team is still young and it's pretty much risky. The 76ers in 3 to 5 years will be a great team if Joel and Ben stay together and they find more supporting cast members.

I don't see Lebron going to Spurs. I can't seem him following Pop for 82 games + playoffs.

I feel Rockets, Heat, or Lakers (if Kawhi and Paul join). There are rumors that Kawhi and Paul are already on board joining the Lakers.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Duke is already interested in him. I don't see Lebron staying unless they make a lot of moves in this offseason.
I heard that as well, but I do wonder how much of his son's interest/ranking is do to who his father is? Does it bump him up a "full star" or maybe "half a star", or doesn't it effect it at all? I think it's similar to Shaq's son, Shareef, the name recognition does help, of course you still have be somewhat good on the court.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I heard that as well, but I do wonder how much of his son's interest/ranking is do to who his father is? Does it bump him up a "full star" or maybe "half a star", or doesn't it effect it at all? I think it's similar to Shaq's son, Shareef, the name recognition does help, of course you still have be somewhat good on the court.
It's definitely a little bit of nepotism with talent. I hope Shareef, Zaire (Wade's kid) and Bron Jr actually like playing basketball. It would be crazy if they do a Big 3 in the NBA.

You also have to understand that Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor are probably scouting them too. And those companies can put a little bit of flex on those colleges.

Nike got really lucky with Lebron. They landed him in the middle of High School and he turned out to be amazing. Adidas was not so lucky with Derrick Rose.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Looks like Lebron has decided, he will be the 7th or 8th man for the Dubs!

Old 06-09-2018, 05:11 PM

525 posts, read 279,273 times
What I think he might do is try to stay out East. Maybe he'll join the Sixers.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:13 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Toronto Raptors would be great.

Toronto is close to Cleveland.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
It's definitely a little bit of nepotism with talent. I hope Shareef, Zaire (Wade's kid) and Bron Jr actually like playing basketball. It would be crazy if they do a Big 3 in the NBA.

You also have to understand that Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor are probably scouting them too. And those companies can put a little bit of flex on those colleges.

Nike got really lucky with Lebron. They landed him in the middle of High School and he turned out to be amazing. Adidas was not so lucky with Derrick Rose.
Well, Adidas did well with Rose, it was just the injuries killed the endorsement. Hard to advertise the "Derrick Rose 3" when he's not on the court wearing them. The talent was there, just like it's there with Lebron, but the injuries greatly derailed Rose's basketball career, as well as, his Adidas deal. Didn't Harden come in and pick up where Rose left off?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:24 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Lebron has said several times that he would like to play for Pop with the Spurs. He and Pop have a relationship outside of the court. When you have the ring and you have the money, sometimes doing what you want is more important. Considering his age, it might just be he'll make the move to the Spurs.....slim chance, no doubt, but you never know about people.
I'd love to see LeBron play for Popovich! The best player & best coach of today uniting, with LeBron finally getting a great coach. We may even see Pop bring out talents in LeBron that we haven't seen. LeBron has made it clear he wants to be part of a cerebral team, which I think Pop tries to create.

Just imagine the assists LeBron could rack up with teammates that can actually make baskets.

Also, Pop & LeBron are both outspoken about racial issues & Trump so it'd be a beautiful thing to see them join forces in that effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball