U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 02:00 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,973,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
His family doesn't want to live in Akron, and because he is a family man, and as he said, this is a family decision. He will move full time into his Beverly Hills mansion and play for the Lakers. He's already been spotted in LA checking into schools for his kids.

It's not about just basketball at this point, it's about business, and lifestyle.
Yes thank you. I think Lebron will give Cleveland some months this off season to improve the team but if he's not satisfied, he'll go to the Lakers. /end of story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
My bet today would be the Lakers with Paul George and Kevin Love (with Ball, Ingram, and Deng heading to Cleveland). My #2 would be the Heat.
My thinking is LeBron and Paul George sign with the Lakers, and the Lakers trade, Ingram, Kuzma and their No.1 pick they got from Cleveland to San Antonio for Kawai Leonard. Is that too good to be true??

That probably wont happen, but I really think something big is going to happen with the Lakers this off season. Maybe big enough to make them possible Western Conf. Final contenders.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:21 PM

8,088 posts, read 5,297,927 times
Quote:
His family doesn't want to live in Akron, and because he is a family man, and as he said, this is a family decision. He will move full time into his Beverly Hills mansion and play for the Lakers. He's already been spotted in LA checking into schools for his kids.

It's not about just basketball at this point, it's about business, and lifestyle.
I agree. Lebron also wants to go into Hollywood via movies/tv shows, etc. Also, Magic is probably going to offer him an office role once he retires.

I feel Lakers will get Paul George, Kahwi and Lebron this off-season. Kahwi is from LA and was also spotted in LA.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
My thinking is LeBron and Paul George sign with the Lakers, and the Lakers trade, Ingram, Kuzma and their No.1 pick they got from Cleveland to San Antonio for Kawai Leonard. Is that too good to be true??

That probably wont happen, but I really think something big is going to happen with the Lakers this off season. Maybe big enough to make them possible Western Conf. Final contenders.
They need to send out more salary (Deng) to add star #3. I expect them to move Ball if LBJ is coming, because Ball can't shoot but his upside makes him attractive to a team willing to send out veteran talent. If the Lakers can package Ball, Ingram, and Deng together, they have just 5 guys under contract @ like $7.5M. With a $101M cap, they can have 3 max stars--two signed outright and one coming in trade for Deng, Ball, and Ingram. Then they fill out the roster with cheap vets and they've still got Kuzma.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:29 PM

5,283 posts, read 3,324,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Kahwi is from LA and was also spotted in LA.
If Kahwi is from LA, wouldn't it make sense he'd be spotted in LA?

I think a good majority of pro athletes (in all sports) try to spend at least some time or all their time in the off season where they grew up. And many others who never grew up in LA (i.e. LeBron) have 2nd/3rd homes in SoCal, because of the prefect Mediterranean-like weather.

I'm not saying Kahwi won't demand a trade to the Lakers, but it looks like from the latest reports, he will be signing an extension with the Spurs.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:22 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,850,465 times
Quote:

Why do you say his family doesn’t want to live in Akron? His friend and agent Rich Paul, as well as Maverick Carter live in the Cleveland/Akron area. Both his and his wife’s their families are there. Not to mention that they have a huge custom built mansion there, his charity foundation is based there and set up to help kids there, and he always talks about how much he loves Akron.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:11 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
There is a chance he will stay put as to not move his kids away from their current friends and comfort level, etc, but only a chance. His decision will still be primarily a basketball one, and the Cavs better be working diligently to sign some talent if they want to keep him. If Dan Gilbert is smart (an all evidence so far points to the opposite), he'll offer LeBron an ownership share in the team.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,833,046 times
He should go to Hou or SA but he'll probably go to LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
There is a chance he will stay put as to not move his kids away from their current friends and comfort level, etc, but only a chance. His decision will still be primarily a basketball one, and the Cavs better be working diligently to sign some talent if they want to keep him. If Dan Gilbert is smart (an all evidence so far points to the opposite), he'll offer LeBron an ownership share in the team.

Lebron making GM and executive decision is how the Cavs got in this position.

It's as if you are oblivious to why KI demanded to be traded. Lebron is already running the organization, and he failed horribly at it.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

It's as if you are oblivious to why KI demanded to be traded. Lebron is already running the organization, and he failed horribly at it.
He'll also feel the implications of whatever decision is made, whereas before he was only interested in how much the players from his agency (Smith, Thompson) could make from the organization. At this point, it is impossible to separate what LeBron wants and what the team gets, so rather than have it be one-sided, he should be given a stake in what is best for the Cavs' organization. It's also the best bet in getting him to stay in Cleveland.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:32 AM

8,088 posts, read 5,297,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

which is why i don't see him going to the Spurs or 76ers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball