U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 AM
 
5,338 posts, read 3,353,414 times
Reputation: 6504

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
which is why i don't see him going to the Spurs or 76ers.
Well, the Sixers do have a GM opening, do I hear player/GM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2018, 07:45 AM
 
52,125 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Reputation: 32538
Well, this will be Magic's big chance to swing a mega deal where Buss kept failing.

Pass the popcorn, the off-season movements are going to be more interesting than the Finals were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 AM
 
52,125 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Reputation: 32538
I also have zero clue as to what Lebron might do.

I sure wouldn't hold it against him for leaving Cleveland, he brought them a championship and frankly just about everybody leaves when it suits them these days.

But my predictive ability about Lebron in the past is about equivalent to a blind squirrel finding a nut so I'm going to just sit back and watch this one unfold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
5,066 posts, read 2,195,451 times
Reputation: 4514
Even blind squirrels find nuts now and then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 10:52 AM
 
Location: California
2,019 posts, read 2,021,577 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Why do you say his family doesn’t want to live in Akron? His friend and agent Rich Paul, as well as Maverick Carter live in the Cleveland/Akron area. Both his and his wife’s their families are there. Not to mention that they have a huge custom built mansion there, his charity foundation is based there and set up to help kids there, and he always talks about how much he loves Akron.

Akron might be a great place to be from, but you can't compare it to Beverly Hills!! You just can't!!

Here is some news that you may not know, LeBron's 13 year old son has formerly enrolled in a LA high school.

https://www.slamonline.com/college-h...l-los-angeles/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
1,257 posts, read 647,979 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Akron might be a great place to be from, but you can't compare it to Beverly Hills!! You just can't!!

Here is some news that you may not know, LeBron's 13 year old son has formerly enrolled in a LA high school.

https://www.slamonline.com/college-h...l-los-angeles/
Dude, that isn't true at all even a school official came out and said that was a rumor and it wasn't true. If it were true, you don't think the school wouldn't have put that out in the media right away especially that it's LeBron's son and along with LeBron's upcoming free agency. When it comes to basketball, please quote Gary Payton; when it comes to news please don't quote Gary Payton.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 06-12-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 11:51 AM
 
Location: California
2,019 posts, read 2,021,577 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Dude, that isn't true at all even a school official came out and said that was a rumor and it wasn't true. If it were true, you don't think the school wouldn't have put that out in the media right away especially that it's LeBron's son and along with LeBron's upcoming free agency. When it comes to basketball, please quote Gary Payton; when it comes to news please don't quote Gary Payton.
Believe what you want, it was all over LA sports news last night. Don't think they would mention it without confirmation. I am just the messenger from what I saw and heard from very credible news outlets.

School officials wont admit it, and were probably told not to admit it!! That would be the smart thing to do if I were LeBron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
1,257 posts, read 647,979 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Believe what you want, it was all over LA sports news last night. Don't think they would mention it without confirmation. I am just the messenger from what I saw and heard from very credible news outlets.

School officials wont admit it, and were probably told not to admit it!! That would be the smart thing to do if I were LeBron.
There are sources outside of the L.A. sports media. Plus, there is fake news floating around on the air and social media these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM
 
8,167 posts, read 5,347,219 times
Reputation: 9372
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, the Sixers do have a GM opening, do I hear player/GM!
I don't believe Ben Simmons wants to play with Lebron. Although, Ben has a lot of learning to do in terms of leading a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, this will be Magic's big chance to swing a mega deal where Buss kept failing.

Pass the popcorn, the off-season movements are going to be more interesting than the Finals were.
Oh yeah, i agree. The draft + trades will be more exciting than the NBA finals which is sad to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 12:19 PM
 
804 posts, read 561,541 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
There are sources outside of the L.A. sports media. Plus, there is fake news floating around on the air and social media these days.
Sure seems his kid is going there. And why not, competing every year for a state title and winning one this year. Doesn't mean that LBJ will be a Laker for sure. I mean why can't he live in LA and play for another team in the West. It all depends how he can be on the same team with 2 of the 3 (CP3, PG and Kawhi)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top