U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 12:22 PM

8,092 posts, read 5,300,456 times

Advertisements

More media in LA than Akron. Better weather, hotter women. Also, his kid doesn't have the same hype as his dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM

1,243 posts, read 639,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
More media in LA than Akron. Better weather, hotter women. Also, his kid doesn't have the same hype as his dad.
Actually, LeBron's is going to start getting the same hype as his dad now that he's entering high school because people are curious about how will his son perform, and every college in the country is going to be after him.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM

2,013 posts, read 2,014,077 times
All I know is this is going to be a fun off season!! And the Lakers will be big players no matter if LeBron goes to LA or not. I just have this hunch Magic is going to do something big. Like sign two max free agents and trade for another all star caliber player.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
All I know is this is going to be a fun off season!! And the Lakers will be big players no matter if LeBron goes to LA or not. I just have this hunch Magic is going to do something big. Like sign two max free agents and trade for another all star caliber player.
Paul George and Lebron. Maybe the entire Banana boat crew. Melo, Dwade, and CP3.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Actually, LeBron's is going to start getting the same hype as his dad now that he's entering high school because people are curious about how will his son perform, and every college in the country is going to be after him.
Lebron Jr is around 5'10 and there is no guarantee that he will grow as big as his dad. Remember Jordan's kid?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,176,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Believe what you want, it was all over LA sports news last night. Don't think they would mention it without confirmation. I am just the messenger from what I saw and heard from very credible news outlets.

School officials wont admit it, and were probably told not to admit it!! That would be the smart thing to do if I were LeBron.

as was a story during the all star break of evaluating schools in the Philly area, not sure any of these are true nor would that make a definitive choice

https://247sports.com/nba/cleveland-...ools-115638020

I do think it will come down to LA, Philly or Cleveland with a Boston dark horse

so yes a very specific prediction

Old 06-12-2018, 08:23 PM

6,633 posts, read 8,331,995 times
The Cleveland Cavaliers or the Los Angeles Lakers.

I just don't see LeBron James leaving Cleveland, a city and fanbase that means the world to him, to go to just any team in any city (Brian Windhorst, who knows him better than any other reporter said something very similar to this recently). Even Dwyane Wade alluded to as much as well on the Chris and Caron podcast. I think he would only leave for a city that he knows he and his family can be comfortable in longterm and a place that he can have both a talented and competitive team, as well as off court business connections. LeBron and his family have been living in Los Angeles during the offseason for a number of years now and I'm sure internally his family has discussed making it a year-round arrangement. In addition to that, LeBron really looks up to Magic Johnson a lot and considers him a business mentor.

The Lakers also have two max free agent slots on their roster, so it lets him pick his co-star, and dictate the rest of the roster. Team management and ownership has a number of people that he has relationships with and trusts. They probably wont be competitive enough to ever beat the Warriors but will resurrect the Lakers back into playoff contention.

So Lakers and Cavaliers, that is what it will ultimately come down to. I envision LeBron swaying more towards what his wife and kids find most comfortable for themselves in this decision, so Cleveland or Los Angeles. I'm sure LeBron looks at the talent on Boston or Houston and feels tempted but I just cant see him picking any other place other than Cleveland or Los Angeles. He and his family have an established multi-year connection and affinity towards Cleveland and Los Angeles. The other cities likely don't have anywhere close to as much weight, in my view.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 06-12-2018 at 08:31 PM..

Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,974,918 times
I voted Philly, but I think it's 50/50 between Philly and returning to Cleveland. I can't imagine him going to the West where it is really competitive.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,534,668 times
I wonder, will Lebron get any "credit" from the public/critics for going to a team like the Lakers where everyone seems to be in agreement that it isn't the best basketball/championship/ready-made scenario? It won't be a super-team, it'll be a challenge for sure.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:06 AM

2,757 posts, read 2,373,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I wonder, will Lebron get any "credit" from the public/critics for going to a team like the Lakers where everyone seems to be in agreement that it isn't the best basketball/championship/ready-made scenario? It won't be a super-team, it'll be a challenge for sure.
Haters will never give LeBron credit. If he went to a team that's not championship caliber they'd probably say he's given up competing & is soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball