Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 06:44 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Kyrie might sign with the Knicks next year if Boston doesn't give him a max or supermax contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 07:27 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Kyrie might sign with the Knicks next year if Boston doesn't give him a max or supermax contract.
Hmm...that would be interesting.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
The Boston move isn't a bad one if Boston opts not to resign Kyrie, and quite honestly, I would bet that the front office is seriously weighing its options. Boston got to figure out all their upside sooner than expected on Tatum, Brown, and Rozier, so I could argue that Kyrie is expendable at this point. I love his game, but I think it's a totally different scenario for him if Tatum, Brown, and Rozier weren't as ready as they showed. That's the downside of injuries. They either show management how much you're missed or that you're expendable.

I'm sure it's also in Boston's mind how much of a bottom dweller Cleveland was, Lebron returns, and they're back in the Finals. Not saying Kyrie is a bad player, because he's far from it, but if you had the choice between Lebron and Kyrie, I think all sides choose Lebron 10/10. Kyrie's injury history won't fly in Boston like it did in Cleveland. I'm a dark horse supporter for Lebron in Boston, but my heart really wants him to stay in Cleveland and they pull off some crazy magic to make them more competitive.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:57 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I voted Philly, but I think it's 50/50 between Philly and returning to Cleveland. I can't imagine him going to the West where it is really competitive.
Really??? If that is LeBron's mentality, We don't want him!!! I never ever heard of a super star athlete fear competition!!

I honestly don't think its will be just a basketball decision, it will be one also based on business and lifestyle, where will his family be most happy. I always have to go back to where would you want to live? Akron, Beverly Hills?? I have been to both places, my sister lives in Ohio. I would take Beverly Hills every day of the week.

Oh yea, then you add the opportunity to play for one of the most glamorous teams in all of professional sports. It's not just a basketball game, it's an event to play for the Lakers at Staples Center.

It will be fun to see what transpires!!

Old 06-13-2018, 08:15 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Will Lebron or Amazon make their decision first

Old 06-13-2018, 08:15 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
I think a Lebron/AD combo would be a nightmare matchup for the Warriors for sure. Keeping Boogie Cousins would make them even more formidable. Adding Paul George to that mix would make Durant request a trade to the East.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:26 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Really??? If that is LeBron's mentality, We don't want him!!! I never ever heard of a super star athlete fear competition!!

I honestly don't think its will be just a basketball decision, it will be one also based on business and lifestyle, where will his family be most happy. I always have to go back to where would you want to live? Akron, Beverly Hills?? I have been to both places, my sister lives in Ohio. I would take Beverly Hills every day of the week.

Oh yea, then you add the opportunity to play for one of the most glamorous teams in all of professional sports. It's not just a basketball game, it's an event to play for the Lakers at Staples Center.

It will be fun to see what transpires!!
IMO, I say it's gonna be a combo of basketball and family. As you said it's about where will his family be the most happy. They could be happy living in Ohio (yes, there are people that are happy to live in Ohio despite what you and the rest of the world thinks lol) or they could be happy living in L.A. Plus, if it was all about lifestyle, business and glamour then he wouldn't have went back to Cleveland. He would've stayed in Miami or went to another big market city.

On the flip side, would LeBron wanna play in the shadows of Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, West and Wilt? If he doesn't bring another title to L.A., the Laker fans will dog him because that's what you guys expect. Some fans out there feel the Lakers are entitled to an NBA title. The two teams that LeBron has played for in his career, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat, didn't have the history that the Lakers have, so he wasn't in anyone's shadow. He created his own history with those franchises, especially with the Cavs and he'll most likely will be associated with the Cavs when his career is all said and done. Where does your sister live in Ohio?

Last edited by QCongress83216; 06-13-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
On the flip side, would LeBron wanna play in the shadows of Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, West and Wilt? If he doesn't bring another title to L.A., the Laker fans will dog him because that's what you guys expect. Some fans out there feel the Lakers are entitled to an NBA title. The two teams that LeBron has played for didn't have the history that the Lakers have, so there he wasn't in anyone's shadow.
I've been saying the same thing to friends who are Laker fans. Why would he do that to himself? He might as well go to the Bulls and walk past the Jordan statue in front of the United Center everyday.

I don't think Lebron could win in LA and him losing there would only generate more snarky tweets from the Mamba himself and his stans.

Brought two championships home to Laker Nation with No All-Star sidekick. All I'm saying. Mamba out.

-Kobe Bryant

Old 06-13-2018, 11:52 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Perfect market for him to dribble the ball and do his crossover iso 100x each game that no one wants to see.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:55 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Actually, LeBron's is going to start getting the same hype as his dad now that he's entering high school because people are curious about how will his son perform, and every college in the country is going to be after him.
Not a chance. Even shaq’s son didn’t get on the McDonald’s all-American team.

It’s rare that children live up to the hype of their parents. Why would they need to? They’re already rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball