U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 10:34 AM

929 posts, read 296,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
A flyer on a guy with a good body and legitimate skills to build on at 6? I like it.
Does not have a good NBA body- not especially when he isn't even a good shooter to date. His skills ARE the problem. Its a big gamble. I am inclined to believe the guy is a big-time bust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,873,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'm not denying his talent, but that talent is even greater when you have good talent around you. Remember the first run of Cleveland with Lebron. Great talent, but that team just couldn't get it done. One man can't consistently beat another team all by themselves in the playoffs. I'll never deny Curry's skill set, but he wouldn't be as good as he is without Klay and Draymond. Just like Klay and Draymond wouldn't be as good as they are without the talent around them.

Shoot, Durant was always good and his talent was never doubted in OKC, but look at him once he was added to Golden State. He now takes less shots and makes them at a higher clip, so now he's not only ultra efficient, but even more deadly when no team can afford to give up points to Golden State to begin with.
It is certainly true that no player can ever do it alone. Before Young is even ready to be a big piece on a playoff team, he has to prove that he can play at the NBA level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Does not have a good NBA body- not especially when he isn't even a good shooter to date. His skills ARE the problem. Its a big gamble. I am inclined to believe the guy is a big-time bust.
7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan? That's an NBA body. He's demonstrated shot blocking and defensive mobility. He's got good shooting mechanics. And for an organization that needs a star and is drafting at 6, I think it's a reasonable gamble. Where else do they go? Trade down?

Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM

929 posts, read 296,392 times
Quote:

7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan? That's an NBA body. He's demonstrated shot blocking and defensive mobility. He's got good shooting mechanics. And for an organization that needs a star and is drafting at 6, I think it's a reasonable gamble. Where else do they go? Trade down?

Don't see where even the mechanics are very good. Although reportedly, he is changing them drastically, so we'll see on that front. His footwork is awkward to say the least.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:12 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Congrats to Deandre Ayton, who played at University of Arizona (Wildcats), for being selected number one (#1) by the Phoenix Suns (two hours north on I-10!) in the 2018 NBA Draft! Hopefully they never have to select at #1 again!

2018 NBA draft -- Phoenix Suns select Deandre Ayton at No. 1

Old 06-22-2018, 04:35 PM

2,834 posts, read 1,774,625 times
Jaren Jackson could be the star of the Top 10 and he has a few other offensive cornerstones to work off of in Memphis.

I like the Bamba pick too. He has decent athleticism for his size which I think makes him an elite defender.

I’m happy with Sexton. If Lebron leaves he could win Rookie of the Year.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:10 AM

1,223 posts, read 579,854 times
Quote:
I think the big mysteries of the Young-Curry comp are these:

Handle
Quick release
Passing/Decision-making

Curry was showing all of those skills as a Rookie with Don Nelson's D-League all-stars. He has grown--getting stronger and more experienced, but the talent was always there.
I'm a Hawks fan (with eyes on Boston) and this isn't a good pick at all. ATL tried being the next Spurs and now they are entering their Golden State wannabe stage. Boston, Philly and Milwaukee will be running the East for a while anyway but hopefully Dallas helps ATL get a good pick for next year.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 AM

17,254 posts, read 10,183,539 times
I like the Lakers' pick of Mortiz Wagner, he was really solid in NCAA tourney, an all around player and thrives in pressure situations.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:46 PM

88 posts, read 28,165 times
Grayson Allen to the Jazz? Haha, looking forward to all those Jazz vs Warriors games this upcoming season where simultaneously, Grayson and Draymond Green will be trying to trip, kick, punch, push, and throw temper tantrums to each other.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:57 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Jaren Jackson could be the star of the Top 10 and he has a few other offensive cornerstones to work off of in Memphis.

I like the Bamba pick too. He has decent athleticism for his size which I think makes him an elite defender.

Iím happy with Sexton. If Lebron leaves he could win Rookie of the Year.
I like the Sexton pick as well.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:15 PM

8,083 posts, read 5,287,531 times
Looks like Melo is staying in OKC to collect his 28 million.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/24/carmel...at-angry-fans/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or