U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2018, 12:22 PM
 
5,281 posts, read 3,321,375 times
Reputation: 6467

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Looks like Melo is staying in OKC to collect his 28 million.
Where else was he going to go and still make that kind of money?

Answer. Nowhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2018, 03:13 PM
 
17,284 posts, read 10,206,664 times
Reputation: 28814
Dwight Howard was traded to the Nets, and they are discussing a buyout.

A proven locker room cancer, Howard has left every team on bad terms. Such physical gifts and good statistical numbers, all for nothing.

Word is that the Warriors might sign him if he is bought out. But I doubt it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40tqTw5fbU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2018, 10:12 PM
JRR
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
3,679 posts, read 2,227,048 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Dwight Howard was traded to the Nets, and they are discussing a buyout.

A proven locker room cancer, Howard has left every team on bad terms. Such physical gifts and good statistical numbers, all for nothing.

Word is that the Warriors might sign him if he is bought out. But I doubt it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40tqTw5fbU
Yeah, I lived in Orlando for the years that Dwight was there. He had a good thing going, even if he never really wanted to work at getting much better. Everybody loved Dwight. Then he started listening to the people around him of how great he was and he deserved better than Orlando. From beloved NBA star to NBA nomad constantly in search of a new job as no one wants him for long. Has the physical tools but not the heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2018, 11:48 AM
 
8,083 posts, read 5,295,646 times
Reputation: 9241
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Yeah, I lived in Orlando for the years that Dwight was there. He had a good thing going, even if he never really wanted to work at getting much better. Everybody loved Dwight. Then he started listening to the people around him of how great he was and he deserved better than Orlando. From beloved NBA star to NBA nomad constantly in search of a new job as no one wants him for long. Has the physical tools but not the heart.
He played with a bad back in LA. He should have sat out and re-healed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2018, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,201 posts, read 10,420,399 times
Reputation: 11214
DH is the perfect example of talent vs skill. Kobe always hated guys who got by on their born talent and didn’t put in the gym work to get better, which is why Howard was doomed in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2018, 01:22 PM
 
4,492 posts, read 3,156,891 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
DH is the perfect example of talent vs skill. Kobe always hated guys who got by on their born talent and didnít put in the gym work to get better, which is why Howard was doomed in LA.

The Howard run in LA was bad anyways. You have a breaking down Kobe and a broken down Nash. Even if Howard had the heart, it wouldn't have mattered with the Kobe and Nash ailments. That was a bad move that only got worse as the season wore on.


Dwight's run in Orlando was BY FAR his best years of his career. That team was lethal together, but poor once they disbanded. All of those guys were a shell of themselves, outside of the Orlando years. You felt Dwight had another gear that he just couldn't obtain in Orlando. We all found out that all his gears were in Orlando. You were also playing during a time where the traditional big man still had a fairly impactful role. He was putting up numbers and was a machine, but he never crafted a jumper or anything. His farewell song will be what he didn't accomplish, compared to what he did accomplish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2018, 01:49 PM
JRR
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
3,679 posts, read 2,227,048 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The Howard run in LA was bad anyways. You have a breaking down Kobe and a broken down Nash. Even if Howard had the heart, it wouldn't have mattered with the Kobe and Nash ailments. That was a bad move that only got worse as the season wore on.


Dwight's run in Orlando was BY FAR his best years of his career. That team was lethal together, but poor once they disbanded. All of those guys were a shell of themselves, outside of the Orlando years. You felt Dwight had another gear that he just couldn't obtain in Orlando. We all found out that all his gears were in Orlando. You were also playing during a time where the traditional big man still had a fairly impactful role. He was putting up numbers and was a machine, but he never crafted a jumper or anything. His farewell song will be what he didn't accomplish, compared to what he did accomplish.
The Magic were always talking about expanding his game by having him work with Ewing and/or Olajuwon. But he just seemed half-hearted about it; never really that interested in putting in the hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2018, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The Howard run in LA was bad anyways. You have a breaking down Kobe and a broken down Nash. Even if Howard had the heart, it wouldn't have mattered with the Kobe and Nash ailments. That was a bad move that only got worse as the season wore on.


Dwight's run in Orlando was BY FAR his best years of his career. That team was lethal together, but poor once they disbanded. All of those guys were a shell of themselves, outside of the Orlando years. You felt Dwight had another gear that he just couldn't obtain in Orlando. We all found out that all his gears were in Orlando. You were also playing during a time where the traditional big man still had a fairly impactful role. He was putting up numbers and was a machine, but he never crafted a jumper or anything. His farewell song will be what he didn't accomplish, compared to what he did accomplish.
Always hated that about him. As Shaq said: Get one solid, great move and a counter. Done.

Howard couldnt even do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 07:30 AM
 
4,492 posts, read 3,156,891 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Always hated that about him. As Shaq said: Get one solid, great move and a counter. Done.

Howard couldnt even do that.

Just imagine Howard having a little bit of Embiid's game 10 years ago?!?!?! The NBA would have not been ready, because the league still hadn't transitioned to the 3 and D era. He had shooters around him, but Orlando's game was still mostly built around what Howard could do inside. Try to put together a hook shot, Dirk jumper, just something. Anything to keep the defenses honest, because even with his limited move set, he was still pretty much unstoppable in Orlando.


Deandre Jordan would be a force if he'd adapt his game, but he can get a pass, because offenses aren't going to be built around him, or Clint Capela, like offenses were built around Howard. The game changed overnight and it was like Howard was immediately left in the stone age...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Just imagine Howard having a little bit of Embiid's game 10 years ago?!?!?! The NBA would have not been ready, because the league still hadn't transitioned to the 3 and D era. He had shooters around him, but Orlando's game was still mostly built around what Howard could do inside. Try to put together a hook shot, Dirk jumper, just something. Anything to keep the defenses honest, because even with his limited move set, he was still pretty much unstoppable in Orlando.


Deandre Jordan would be a force if he'd adapt his game, but he can get a pass, because offenses aren't going to be built around him, or Clint Capela, like offenses were built around Howard. The game changed overnight and it was like Howard was immediately left in the stone age...
I so agree...Jordan drives me crazy with his lack of developing a game as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top