U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 09:13 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,367,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.
So it's Durant, Curry, Cousins, Klay, & Draymond?
Lets just cancel the 2019 playoffs now & hand out the 2019 rings already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,824,910 times
Quote:
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.
This is awesome, shows again why players should rarely be allowed to choose where they want to go. GSW is officially an active all-star team with 5 all-stars.

RIP NBA

Old 07-02-2018, 09:59 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,012,775 times
Does Curry or Durant want Cousins there? I would think deep inside the Warriors ( pre Cousins) are sick of the jabs of cheap championships due to just adding all stars year after year. Its gotten comical now.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,824,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Does Curry or Durant want Cousins there? I would think deep inside the Warriors ( pre Cousins) are sick of the jabs of cheap championships due to just adding all stars year after year. Its gotten comical now.
Durant? He's the reason this happened. I think GSW core is fine (Klay, Curry, Green). However, everyone who jumped on the bangwagon after that is considered a "snake" or "joke."

The original GSW core didn't do anything wrong but win games, it's not their fault clowns want to ride their coattails to easy rings now.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,152,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Durant? He's the reason this happened. I think GSW core is fine (Klay, Curry, Green). However, everyone who jumped on the bangwagon after that is considered a "snake" or "joke."

The original GSW core didn't do anything wrong but win games, it's not their fault clowns want to ride their coattails to easy rings now.
What makes this so bad is that you have the perception of players ring chasing, yet still in their primes. Ring chasing has always been around, but it was with players way beyond their primes (I'm looking at you Malone and Payton). Durant was going to be the number 1 or number 2 option on any team that picked him up when he made up his mind to leave the Thunder. Boogie likely still would have been a number 1 or number 2 option on any team that picked him up after his Achilles injury.

These are the kinds of moves that make the Warriors powerhouse tough to swallow. On top of that, you were able to bring a player on a 1 year deal for $5.3 million, who's only 27 years old and is still in his prime. Yes, he's coming off an Achilles injury, but the fact that the Warriors were able to nab him for so little money is CRAZY!! He doesn't have to come back 100% with the Warriors. All he needs to be is 12 points and 7-10 rebounds a night and he's better than any Warrior that has played center during their championship run, not named Draymond.

This is an embarrassment of riches!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,872,849 times
Quote:
They also got Rondo for one year, which should be an interesting season for the Lakers for sure.

They renounced Randle though, I did like him a lot.
The Lakers need some players who can shoot. They have length and mobility, which is great, but who is making shots on this squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I like Stephenson paired with Lebron. He's a pest and that's a valuable commodity. Lebron knows that. Stephenson is serviceable. He's a younger JR Smith. Lebron is the reason JR is making the money that he is, because in 2016, he played high IQ basketball. When JR is motivated he's a good piece on a championship team. He's just at that stage where he's likely not serviceable anymore, except for garbage time on a championship team. His value can be absorbed by younger players.

If LA can't get Kawhi this year, there's always next year. I like what LA is doing with the 1 year deals and getting players on the cheap. They make the playoffs and they're better than they've been in the last 5 years, so everybody wins in that deal. Also, LA is auditioning these players, so if they don't work out this season, they're gone for the 2019-2020 season.
I like Stephenson, too. He won't be asked to initiate too much offense, and he will bring the defensive intensity (plus the Lakers keep him away from other teams interested in a guy you can throw at LBJ defensively).

Quote:
I think Randle was always out. He took too long to develop and LA lost patience with him. The clock started ticking on him when they brought in Ball and they were starting to realize value in Ingram. I donít blame him or LA. I think it was a mutual separation.

Also didnít help that they got value out of Kuzma instantly, it wasnít going to help Randle. Add in Lebron and he was clearly gone.
This roster is looking to play fast. Randle isn't a great fit with that approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
So it's Durant, Curry, Cousins, Klay, & Draymond?
Lets just cancel the 2019 playoffs now & hand out the 2019 rings already.
Don't forget 6MOY if voters cared about basketball effectiveness: Andre Iguodala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This is awesome, shows again why players should rarely be allowed to choose where they want to go. GSW is officially an active all-star team with 5 all-stars.

RIP NBA
Boogie is coming off an achilles tear. He may never be the same, and he probably won't play until December or January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Yes. If you have the chance to add talent without losing anything at all, you take it.

Quote:
What makes this so bad is that you have the perception of players ring chasing, yet still in their primes. Ring chasing has always been around, but it was with players way beyond their primes (I'm looking at you Malone and Payton). Durant was going to be the number 1 or number 2 option on any team that picked him up when he made up his mind to leave the Thunder. Boogie likely still would have been a number 1 or number 2 option on any team that picked him up after his Achilles injury.

These are the kinds of moves that make the Warriors powerhouse tough to swallow. On top of that, you were able to bring a player on a 1 year deal for $5.3 million, who's only 27 years old and is still in his prime. Yes, he's coming off an Achilles injury, but the fact that the Warriors were able to nab him for so little money is CRAZY!! He doesn't have to come back 100% with the Warriors. All he needs to be is 12 points and 7-10 rebounds a night and he's better than any Warrior that has played center during their championship run, not named Draymond.

This is an embarrassment of riches!
DMC isn't really ring chasing. He's rehabbing his body and his image for free agency 2019. There wasn't a market for a max deal for him coming off of the achilles injury (plus the usual concerns about Boogie). Teams interested in him this year probably wanted him at a discount for multiple years. The Warriors were happy to take him at a discount for one year, letting him go into 2019 free agency and get his market value again. Plus the Warriors won't pressure him to play before his rehab is all the way done. It's really a right place, right time thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or