U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 04:10 PM

2,839 posts, read 1,779,184 times

Advertisements

Like:
Cavs- still remember the Mark Price Larry Nance Richfield Days.
Distant 2nd and 3rd- Memphis- respect the small market teams in flyover states that have to build wisely. Mike Conley was one of my favorite Buckeyes too. OKC- great fans good organization

Dislike:
Warriors- team chalk full of smart @ss whiney pricks
New Jersey/Brooklyn- I always thought their fans were a little delusional especially after their Finals appearance. Chicago- goes back to Jordan. Probably the greatest ever saved his greatest for the Cavs every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 06:48 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,373,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Cavs or whatever team LeBron is playing for

Dislike
Lakers
Ugh. I hate this.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:20 PM

7,231 posts, read 8,240,550 times
Top 3:

Mavericks; They became my #1 when the original Hornets left, still are although I've been following them and the league in general less and less. Will still forever cherish the 2011 title and the run they made that season.

Hornets; I'll admit I didn't really care much for the Bobcats until Jordan took the reigns from Bob(cat) Johnson, they are after all my hometown team and I grew up with them. They're poorly run and will probably never become a consistent contender but I'll watch and go to a game now and then, it's fun.

Pistons; They did me a favor in 2004, and I've always liked their toughness and blue-collar like approach. I feel they represent Detroit and Michigan very well, which is strange because if I were a teenager growing up during their "bad boys" era there's a strong chance I would not have liked them. I've grown to appreciate those teams after watching the ESPN documentary. I wasn't a fan of theirs on a certain date in November 2004 however, but their taking out the Lakers the previous Summer offset that.

HM: Pacers; Small market that always has a decent roster. Also like Nate McMillian.

Dislike:

My dislike is more fan bases than teams. Right now, the Warriors have the most insufferable bandwagon fan base in all of North American sports, the Celtics held this honor from 2007 to 2010. The Lakers have annoying fans, Cleveland has some annoying fans. However, nothing will top the Heat "fans" from 2010-14. Probably the biggest bunch of know-nothing loudmouth idiots that ever roamed the earth. I do not miss them at all.

But just for arguments sake:

1. Tie. Spurs/Rockets; Mavericks in-state rivals that always give the Mavs trouble. Never been a fan of Ginobili and Parker.

2. Lakers; I get their popularity and the attention that comes with it, but they've been irrelevant for about 5 years now and yet the talking heads at the big sports shows like to think that everyone is interested in them. Most people outside their fan base do not give a ---- about them. Has gotten even worse now with the Ball family. Both parties are made for and deserve one another. Annoying fan base too, although to give them some credit they seem to have a better grasp on their teams history than Warriors/Heat bandwagon fans do.

3. Knicks; Like the Lakers, get a lot of attention however they've been even less relevant than the Lakers and are usually a bottom .500 team. But they get a big bulk of the primetime slots and talking points because they're in New York.

HM: Celtics: I actually like their current roster but man Boston fans are quite obnoxious.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 07-01-2018 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: fixed rolleyes emoji

Old 07-01-2018, 08:03 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Really only have 2 likes and 1 very big dislike:

Likes: Raptors & Jazz, though I will follow a bunch of teams/players: Anyone that went to UConn I'll follow them in the pro's, Pelicans, Blazers, Wizards.

Dislike: Definitely by far are the New York Knicks! Biggest bandwagon fans in the sport. They think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and ALL these free agents want to come play in Madison Square Garden despite the fact it's been over 40 years since they've last been relevant. Are out like roaches the first 2 months of the season, and than when Christmas rolls around when they are sucking again they all disappear. Say what you will about how annoying Yankee fans are at least I can respect the Yankees.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:31 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,373,573 times

Boston — love their history

San Antonio - love a successful small market team that has a tradition of winning and playing basketball the right way

Golden State - also, not a team you think of historically ( were very bad in 90s and 2000s), but I like how they built themselves up thru the draft, then signed KD and are now a dynasty. Plus they actually pass the ball

Dislike

New York Knicks - I’m from NY, worst owner in all of sports. Hated one way Carmelo, Isaiah Thomas as executive, Enough said.

Sacramento Kings - loser franchise, plus extorted a new stadium from the city of Sacramento by threatening to leave. Why taxpayers in Sacramento fell for it I do t know, they would still suck just as bad in Seattle. No business being a franchise in NBA

OKC - desperate franchise with two ball hogging , overpaid, clubhouse cancers on their team. Paul George, I still can’t understand why you stayed with these clowns, Bad move I don’t give a crap how much money they paying you

Old 07-05-2018, 09:50 AM

1,109 posts, read 400,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Like:
Cavs / wherever LeBron is
Bucks
Philly

Dislike:
GSW
Celtics
Raptors

I had a hard time picking team I didnít like as Iím a big fan of individual players more so than franchises
So you like the Summer League

Old 07-11-2018, 04:48 PM

7,069 posts, read 8,174,074 times
I dislike any team LeBron is on.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,425,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post

Boston ó love their history

San Antonio - love a successful small market team that has a tradition of winning and playing basketball the right way

Golden State - also, not a team you think of historically ( were very bad in 90s and 2000s), but I like how they built themselves up thru the draft, then signed KD and are now a dynasty. Plus they actually pass the ball

Dislike

New York Knicks - Iím from NY, worst owner in all of sports. Hated one way Carmelo, Isaiah Thomas as executive, Enough said.

Sacramento Kings - loser franchise, plus extorted a new stadium from the city of Sacramento by threatening to leave. Why taxpayers in Sacramento fell for it I do t know, they would still suck just as bad in Seattle. No business being a franchise in NBA

OKC - desperate franchise with two ball hogging , overpaid, clubhouse cancers on their team. Paul George, I still canít understand why you stayed with these clowns, Bad move I donít give a crap how much money they paying you
I agree with everything you said. Sacto loves their Kings though...you can't fault the fans, only the franchise.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,427,921 times
Like:
LeBron's Team

Dislike:
1.Sacramento Kings
2.Los Angeles Clippers
3.Charlotte Hornets

Old 07-13-2018, 08:17 AM

81 posts, read 14,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cent0089 View Post
Hello folks Name 3 teams you like and reasons why and 3 teams you dislike
So here is mine:
Utah Jazz - Donovan Mitchell brings some fire in this team, i was worried because Gordon Hayward left, but Donovan proves me wrong. Glad they defeated Thunder in playoffs. IMO he is ROTY, bring Utah to the finals next year young man !! + They have best jerseys
Chicago Bulls - I like young players in the team, Lavine+Markkanen+Dunn and Wendell Carter seems good choice too. Definitely cheering for this young team. If Markkanen can be more physical and Dunn and Lavine stay out of injuries it will be fun to watch next season.
Boston Celtics - They deserves respect for how far they get in playoffs without Irving and Hayward. Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum were on fire. This team will be in finals next year IMO. Kyrie was very good leader in regular season.

Teams which i dislike:
Golden state Warriors
Oklahoma City Thunder
Toronto Raptors
(It is not really dislike from my side, but i dont like watch these teams )
I think Boston will be in the finals too! Too bad the justice league over at Golden State are only getting more unbeatable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or