U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 03:46 PM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times

Advertisements

Wow, the hate for Kwahi is catching me a little off guard here.

He's been largely drama free his career and delivering huge for San Antonio until the injury and then it went south an d frankly I don't blame him. (Tony Parker is a bit of a d-bag anyway for banging his teamates wife for those that don't remember that sure didn't help *chemistry*.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 05:19 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,373,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
If I am Magic, I would give up three pieces.

1. Either Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma.
2. Josh Hart.
3. A future number 1 pick or this year's #1 pick Moritz Wagner.

And that would be all.

No way would I give up Kuzma. He had a fantastic season. Wish they would dump that clown Ball somehow. Too much of a distraction

Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,425,124 times
No need to give up anything at this point. Let him sit in San Antonio and be toxic for a year. He’s going to either the Lakers or Clippers next summer, so theLakers just have to give him the better offer if they want him.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:04 PM

5,621 posts, read 13,050,675 times
Quote:
toxic for a year.

What you guys from Kailfornia are missing is that Leonard was great playing behind the likes of Tim Duncan, Parker, Manu. When Tim retired, Leonard was no longer able to run the plays to his advantage. His last year with the Spurs was a big nothing. They did better without him. If he sits out another year, who's to say he'll play worth a crap, if ever. He's already in the "unproven" category since he didn't play last year but 9 games, 9 horrible games. Can't blame the Spurs for trying to milk the Leonard deal for all it's worth. I just hate to see the Lakers pay anything for what we've found out to be a near worthless player. Mark my words, whoever ends up with him is going to be HIGHLY disappointed.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:04 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,425,124 times
Worthless....lol ok. I see you tried to troll our state with an intentional misspelling and failed even at that. I do think Leonard is devaluing himself in more ways than one, but in the end he’s still a top ten player even with a full season off.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:20 AM

803 posts, read 557,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
What you guys from Kailfornia are missing is that Leonard was great playing behind the likes of Tim Duncan, Parker, Manu. When Tim retired, Leonard was no longer able to run the plays to his advantage. His last year with the Spurs was a big nothing. They did better without him. If he sits out another year, who's to say he'll play worth a crap, if ever. He's already in the "unproven" category since he didn't play last year but 9 games, 9 horrible games. Can't blame the Spurs for trying to milk the Leonard deal for all it's worth. I just hate to see the Lakers pay anything for what we've found out to be a near worthless player. Mark my words, whoever ends up with him is going to be HIGHLY disappointed.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. After Duncan retired, Kawhi had his best year ever. Not to mention 26 points in one half before he went down against the Warriors. Now, can he come back and be the same player guess we’ll find out. If his word is genuine, and he wants to be in LA then the Lakers should just wait a year or until the Spurs lower their expectations.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:49 AM

2,013 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No mention of Lonzo Ball. Is that because you figure no one wants him, or you value him more then Kuzma and Ingram? I may be wrong but I have a strong feeling Lebron may not want Lonzo there.
I didn't mention Lonzo because I know Pop would never want the circus that is LaVar. At this point, I don't know if I as a Laker fan want Lonzo anymore.

I have changed my mind from when I originally made this thread. I wouldn't make the trade at all, we're not going to win the ship this year anyway, so just wait it out and go after him next year and keep BI and Kuzma. And if for some reason we don't get Kawhi, we go after someone else, there are plenty of free agents next year.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:54 PM

4,422 posts, read 4,069,866 times
He will be traded to the East and play for the Hawks or the Nets as punishment lol

Old 07-06-2018, 04:15 AM

2,758 posts, read 1,951,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I didn't mention Lonzo because I know Pop would never want the circus that is LaVar. At this point, I don't know if I as a Laker fan want Lonzo anymore.

I have changed my mind from when I originally made this thread. I wouldn't make the trade at all, we're not going to win the ship this year anyway, so just wait it out and go after him next year and keep BI and Kuzma. And if for some reason we don't get Kawhi, we go after someone else, there are plenty of free agents next year.
Agreed, and I think the Lakers will make every possible effort to move Ball somewhere soon.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:51 AM

2,013 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Agreed, and I think the Lakers will make every possible effort to move Ball somewhere soon.

I agree to that too. Perhaps to Portland for Damian Lillard trade??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball