Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 12:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've been realistic about the Lakers for a long time on this forum.

That earned me the frequent label of "Laker Hater"....for basically being right.

I think the Lakers have clearly turned the corner at this point.

However.

The west is packed, it's going to take quite some time for them to develop for those talking wildly about making the finals or even the WCF at this point.

But that's not the story. Barring injury they should make the playoffs and be a respectable team this year.

I think that's a remarkable accomplishment and hats off to the Laker management.
I somewhat agree with you. The Lakers have turned the corner as you mentioned. I also think IMO they should at least make it to the second round. You mentioned them being in the Western Conference, and I agree it is tougher than the Eastern Conference. But we now have LeBron James, not just the best player of our era, but arguably the best player of all time, and he is still playing at that elite level.

This IMO make the Lakers with the addition to their young core players with one extra year of experience a lot better than a lot of the teams in the Western Conference. I think people are forgetting just how good LeBron still is, he can make the Lakers a top 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs.

I expect Ingram and Kuzma to make a giant leap and be very good this year, maybe even Ball if he learns to shoot better.

Only time will tell if I am right or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball