U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 06:35 AM

2,746 posts, read 2,368,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Iím traveling this weekend and have to work Monday (I work in fast food business so we never close ��) anyone have time Sunday or Monday to search my post history to find my post from last July about how stupid the Leonard trade was and bump that for me?? If I had to guess Iíd say itís around page 25.
Since you gave permission . . . here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Absolutely horrible trade for the Raptors, and as a Raps fan I wish Leonard can't cross the border for whatever reason, so this has to get voided. DeRo was a great player, loved playing here, should have dumped Lowry instead. DeRo had made that team go, not Lowry. And Ujiri is a complete idiot if he thinks Leonard is resigning in Canada. His mind is already in LA, and this will be a complete failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 08:57 AM

3,207 posts, read 1,634,501 times
I don't think its a foregone conclusion Kawhi will leave. Here in Canada he is "THE MAN" and one of the best things to happen in Canadian sports in decades. He is the face of the Raptors and the way he has played is beyond amazing. In LA, he will always be 2nd to LeBron, even if he is on another team. He will be just another great player among other great players, while here in Toronto he is the undisputed greatest. Only time will tell.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
By the way this thread aged well.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:41 PM

8,546 posts, read 5,369,214 times
Best of luck Raptors fans, and congrats to your Eastern Conference title.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:35 PM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Toronto are good enough to get a 2-0 lead especially if Durant isn't available yet, and we know Curry can throw in a brickfest or two in Finals.....and most importantly Toronto have the clutchest player in the series, and he's clutch at both ends, so if these games are close than Toronto may sweep Golden State.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:34 PM

8,546 posts, read 5,369,214 times
[quote=MAGAalot;55281294]Toronto are good enough to get a 2-0 lead especially if Durant isn't available yet, and we know Curry can throw in a brickfest or two in Finals.....and most importantly Toronto have the clutchest player in the series, and he's clutch at both ends, so if these games are close than Toronto may sweep Golden State.[/QUOTE]

Lets, not get carried away here. They are still the defending champs, and remember they had already won titles before Durant got there. The playoffs are a different season, ask all those top seeded NHL teams. But still good luck to the Raptors.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:38 PM

3,001 posts, read 4,188,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Toronto are good enough to get a 2-0 lead especially if Durant isn't available yet, and we know Curry can throw in a brickfest or two in Finals.....and most importantly Toronto have the clutchest player in the series, and he's clutch at both ends, so if these games are close than Toronto may sweep Golden State.
Let's pump the brakes, it's only one game. I want Toronto to win too, but mostly because I can't stand Golden state. As an overall team, they are a cocky bunch. Plus, Toronto's never won, and that's a nice storyline.

Toronto, if they keep up with the "D", they should go six or seven rounds. But nobodies getting swept, certainly not Golden State.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:21 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Thoughts?

Old 06-02-2019, 07:09 PM

1,563 posts, read 821,836 times
Toronto's been a top defensive team for the past few years, before adding two DPOYs. And it seems like it's affecting GSW, on top of their postseason mileage and injuries. I can't rule out a sweep, I'll just say that it's highly unlikely.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:32 AM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Leonard is too injured to consistently control the game now.
He can draw fouls but he's not healthy enough to shoot the ball with fluidity.
Toronto would be up 2-0 if Leonard was healthy....
Whereas not as big of a deal if GS get injuries, they have several stars to carry them.
Especially crucial that Leonard carry's Toronto because some of his most important players have no finals experience - Siakam and Lowry especially important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball