U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 01:46 AM

317 posts, read 135,592 times

Advertisements

Ive never liked Raptors but always loved Kawhi Leonard. Definitely cheers for Raptors against Warriors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 08:04 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,152,573 times
If I'm Kawhi and the Raptors can pull off the upset, I'd strongly consider resigning with Toronto. Here's my reasons why. Nick Nurse and the front office already knows that they can play Kawhi nearly half time and the team is still quite dominant. There's low key talks about Kawhi's knee right now. He can rehab it during the offseason and during the regular season to stay fresh for the playoffs. He goes to any other team that's not Golden State or Milwaukee, and he's going to be playing more games hobbled than not.

Kawhi and his family paid close attention to how San Antonio treated him with his quad injury and how they wanted to rush him back. Toronto took notice of that treatment and played Kawhi at his pace, which allowed them to make it to the NBA Finals and hold a 2-1 lead against the pre-season favorite Golden State Warriors.

If I'm Kawhi, I'm strongly considering staying in Toronto to just prolong my career and not having to play injured as often. I understand playing hobbled in the Finals, because it's for all the marbles. However, during the regular season, sometimes you need rest and you need your teammates to pick up the slack. Toronto has the pieces to do that and I think that's worth way more than what other teams could offer him salary wise. Kawhi kept them in the series with Philly and completely dominated Milwaukee.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 PM

432 posts, read 295,860 times
Gasol stinks. Darn near every shot he takes is a brick. He will cost Raptors Championship and why coach continues to leave him out on the court is beyond me. Coach and Gasol will cost Raptors Championship. Oh well, you have to tip your cap to the Raptors, but no way they should have won.

Last edited by ipkl07; 06-13-2019 at 09:46 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 11:04 AM

317 posts, read 135,592 times
Kawhi impressed me most against Bucks. He is a freakin Deer hunter

Old 06-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 29 days ago)

7,218 posts, read 8,232,213 times
Toronto did okay in this trade I suppose.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:49 AM

319 posts, read 71,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Leonard is too injured to consistently control the game now.
He can draw fouls but he's not healthy enough to shoot the ball with fluidity.
Toronto would be up 2-0 if Leonard was healthy....
Whereas not as big of a deal if GS get injuries, they have several stars to carry them.
Especially crucial that Leonard carry's Toronto because some of his most important players have no finals experience - Siakam and Lowry especially important.
Kawhi got majorly injured in Game 3 against the Bucks IMO. On top of the strain, there was one play where Kawhi went for the dunk and Giannis did a 'dirty' play by going for the block, but basically driving his knee into Kawhi's left quad. When he lands, you see him notably hobbling. Was never really the same afterwards, and Raptors picked up the slack since then after seeing what this guy did to carry them.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:20 PM

25,757 posts, read 13,395,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Kawhi got majorly injured in Game 3 against the Bucks IMO. On top of the strain, there was one play where Kawhi went for the dunk and Giannis did a 'dirty' play by going for the block, but basically driving his knee into Kawhi's left quad. When he lands, you see him notably hobbling. Was never really the same afterwards, and Raptors picked up the slack since then after seeing what this guy did to carry them.
It was a complete team win. It had to be in order to beat the Warriors, hobbled as they were.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:48 AM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Yeah Kawhi wasn't brilliant in Game 5 and 6 of the Finals, but still easily the Finals MVP.
Major props to Lowry, VanVleet and Siakam, incredibly clutch for a Finals debutant.
So turns out the Warriors never 3-peated, while the Bulls 3-peated twice and the Lakers 3-peated.
Just like when the Warriors won 73 games, they fell short of GOATality.
Durant came up smelling like roses, they had an 8 point lead when he got injured, and won by 1 point, and they won the only game he played.....and he's the new Willis Reed.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:54 AM

1,173 posts, read 463,614 times
So, is Kawai staying or going?

Zero info yet.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 AM

2,008 posts, read 2,011,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
So, is Kawai staying or going?

Zero info yet.

At this point, my gut is saying 50% he's going to the Lakers, 30% to Raptors, and 20% to Clippers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball