Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 10:15 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Yeah, the Celtics bench is enough to offset KD. Steven Curry and Kyrie offsets. Klay and Hayward are close. Stevens is a better coach.
LOL

The Warriors would have the three best players in this matchup. They would have better shooting, better defense, better IQ, and better passing. It would be a Gentleman's sweep. I see no evidence that Stevens is a better coach than Kerr. Plus the Warriors have the ideal defender (Draymond) for the Celtics best player (Horford).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cent0089 View Post
Cheering for Celtics, Bulls and Jazz If someone can dethrone Warriors, its Celtics. Looking forward if Donovan Mitchell can lead Jazz and how Allen fit in. And secret wish is Bulls in playoffs
I see the Raptors as the toughest opponent for the Warriors at this stage. Assuming Kawhi comes back healthy, the Raps have the best player in the East, plenty of shooting, strong defenders up and down the roster, and a full complement of two-way players.

A lot could change depending on what happens with Jimmy Butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Even with Kawhi I don't think the Raps have passed the Celtics in the East pecking order. I think in order for the Raps to go all the way they need another debilitating injury to one of the Celtics players again. At full strength or even less than 100% but all playing I don't see how the Celtics DON'T win the East. And Philly may even better too, who knows??

And don't discount the Raps chemistry either with new coach and new personnel. Casey had his faults, but everyone could co-exist with Lowry & DeMar, there was no in fighting, no pouting at least as far as I can tell. Kawhi can say all the right things now about how he loves this team & city blah blah blah, but I think he knows that everyone knows he already was 1 foot out the door, and he's already pulled this act once, what's not to say it's not going to happen again??
Kawhi is the best player in the East, if he's healthy. He coexists with everyone because he is excellent on both ends of the floor, whether on-ball or off-ball. A new coach is always a question mark, but this team is loaded with veterans and continuity. I don't see the coaching change as a big risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 10:50 AM

38 posts, read 23,314 times
MVP - LeBron James
Rookie of the Year - Collin Sexton
Defensive Player of the Year - Anthony Davis
Coach of the Year - Brad Stevens (Celtics)

Old 10-08-2018, 04:44 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,618,026 times
Lol, I really don't understand the confidence in Boston. Just mark my words, they will be dominant in the regular season again, no less than a 2 seed again, likely ECF again...

They won't be in The Finals. Toronto or Philly will be, I'll lean Toronto. I think a ton of people are in for a surprise, this could be the best Raptors team ever. I do think they'll have some sort of stretch where they work out chemistry issues, and they may not get back to 59 wins, but the postseason is where we will see the true growth at. Trust me on this one...

I'm not sure Philly can take the next step, I gotta see more, but I'm pulling for em. It's a three team race in The East, I do not see Boston running away with the conference, especially when the playoffs start...

The Warriors will not 3peat, its a wrap for all that. Admittedly, this is more hopeful for me than anything, but I'm standing on this. If they get back to The Finals, they'll lose to whoever is on the other side. I really think the Thunder can take them out in The West, I think OKC will grab the 2 seed and represent the West, I'm pulling for them...

Everything else in The West is a toss up. I'm not high on Houston. I've tempered my Lakers expectations, I do see 50-wins, a 4 or 5 seed, and getting to at least the semifinals. If some unforeseen trends break their way, could be higher, but right now I'm calling 50, 4-5 seed, 2nd round exit...

A lot of people picking the Spurs to miss the playoffs. I didn't, but now the backcourt is in jeopardy. If that is a season-long issue, I can see them on the outside looking in, but if they get healthy, I think they'll be better than a lot of people think...

Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 AM

38 posts, read 23,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The Warriors will not 3peat, its a wrap for all that. Admittedly, this is more hopeful for me than anything, but I'm standing on this. If they get back to The Finals, they'll lose to whoever is on the other side. I really think the Thunder can take them out in The West, I think OKC will grab the 2 seed and represent the West, I'm pulling for them...
I'm sorry but let's face it, the current all star roster Warriors will be the 4th organization to three peat. After this season, I can see things changing but no way is any team beating them in the western conference no time soon.

OKC? Hopefully the team can redeem themselves from that Game 6 loss to the Jazz. Remember the same game Paul George only scored 5 points. I doubt the Thunder be the #2 seed.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:27 AM

603 posts, read 444,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol, I really don't understand the confidence in Boston. Just mark my words, they will be dominant in the regular season again, no less than a 2 seed again, likely ECF again...

They won't be in The Finals. Toronto or Philly will be, I'll lean Toronto. I think a ton of people are in for a surprise, this could be the best Raptors team ever. I do think they'll have some sort of stretch where they work out chemistry issues, and they may not get back to 59 wins, but the postseason is where we will see the true growth at. Trust me on this one...

I'm not sure Philly can take the next step, I gotta see more, but I'm pulling for em. It's a three team race in The East, I do not see Boston running away with the conference, especially when the playoffs start...

Everything else in The West is a toss up. I'm not high on Houston. I've tempered my Lakers expectations, I do see 50-wins, a 4 or 5 seed, and getting to at least the semifinals. If some unforeseen trends break their way, could be higher, but right now I'm calling 50, 4-5 seed, 2nd round exit...

A lot of people picking the Spurs to miss the playoffs. I didn't, but now the backcourt is in jeopardy. If that is a season-long issue, I can see them on the outside looking in, but if they get healthy, I think they'll be better than a lot of people think...

Although a timeline has not been officially reported it looks like the Spurs Dejounte Murray will be out for the season with a torn ACL.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:23 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
So Philly or Toronto will win the Finals this year? Interesting...I’m wondering what they have. The confidence with Boston is pushing Lebron to Game 7 of the ECF without their two best players. Horford/Hayward/Tatum/Brown/Irving is a crazy good lineup, and they have the best coach in the East by far.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:19 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
MVP- I'm thinking someone like KI if Boston puts up wins like they should. Lakers won't win enough games for Lebron to win it and people don't want to give it to anyone on GS yet again for having such a stacked team.

East, who knows...injuries are such a big unknown.

Champ - Likely GS but again, injuries could side-line that. Boston would have been in the Finals last year easily without injuries but would not have beaten GS.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
MVP- I'm thinking someone like KI if Boston puts up wins like they should. Lakers won't win enough games for Lebron to win it and people don't want to give it to anyone on GS yet again for having such a stacked team.
I think KI is a good candidate, but if he really dedicates himself I think this could be Kawhi's year where he re-establishes himself as the best two-way player in the game.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think KI is a good candidate, but if he really dedicates himself I think this could be Kawhi's year where he re-establishes himself as the best two-way player in the game.
You mean like how Dennis Rodman was once the best two-way player in the game?

Seriously, how does one re-establish oneself as the best 2-way player in the game when one has never made a defensive team selection?

Old 10-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean like how Dennis Rodman was once the best two-way player in the game?

Seriously, how does one re-establish oneself as the best 2-way player in the game when one has never made a defensive team selection?
Kawhi won the DPOTY award two years in a row unless you misread what I wrote...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball