U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 PM

51,978 posts, read 41,825,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Kawhi won the DPOTY award two years in a row unless you misread what I wrote...
Apologies, I absolutely did just that. WHoops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 12:10 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
So I guess in the East I'll go:

1) Boston
2) Toronto
3) Philly
4) Milwaukee
5-8 who cares, LOL.....but I'll draw straws:
5) Washington
6) Indy
7) Miami
8) Detroit

Really, outside of those top 4 East teams, the rest of the conference is a complete joke! About the only non top 4 East team I am relatively confident in on making the playoffs is the Wizards and I'm not even that confident in them. Boston over Milwaukee in 5, Toronto over Philly in 7, Boston over Toronto in 6.

West:
1) Rockets
2) Thunder
3) Warriors
4) Pelicans
5) Jazz
6) Blazers
7) Nuggets
8) Lakers.

I'll take the Lakers, Jazz, Thunder & Warriors in round 1; Jazz over Lakers in 6, Warriors over Thunder in 6; Warriors over Jazz in 7; Celtics over Warriors in 7 for the title.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 PM

7,231 posts, read 8,240,550 times
Golden State wins 70 or more again even resting players. Will go 16-0 in the playoffs, winning 15 of the 16 by double-digits.

Boston wins the East but gets banged up doing so and will be dead tired from a grueling 7 game ECF with Milwaukee to make any impact against the Warriors.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Golden State wins 70 or more again even resting players. Will go 16-0 in the playoffs, winning 15 of the 16 by double-digits.

Boston wins the East but gets banged up doing so and will be dead tired from a grueling 7 game ECF with Milwaukee to make any impact against the Warriors.

There is no way in hell Golden State wins 70 regular season games. The regular season is completely meaningless to them, I can almost guarantee that the Big 4 will almost never play a back-to-back, they'll start the bench guys in about 3 to 5 other games, and than for about 5 to 10 games they just won't care at all, and go through the motions. Plus, even if they did care the West now is just so stacked it would be hard to go 72-10 through that conference. I see the Dubs finishing about 60 to 63 regular season wins when it's all said and done,

Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 AM

476 posts, read 142,275 times
LOL at Boston dethroning a healthy Warriors. Hayward is their 2nd best player.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:49 AM

1,228 posts, read 582,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Better depth than GS.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 AM

25,840 posts, read 13,431,022 times
Raptors may not finish first in the regular season but will prevail in the East. They'll do so by being the best defensive team in the league.

They'll face GS in the Finals and win in 6.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:43 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,286,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Boston would give the Warriors a real series. And I'd argue that Tatum is their best player with Irving and Brown vying for second place. That team is 10 players deep.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:57 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,464,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol, I really don't understand the confidence in Boston. Just mark my words, they will be dominant in the regular season again, no less than a 2 seed again, likely ECF again...

They won't be in The Finals. Toronto or Philly will be, I'll lean Toronto. I think a ton of people are in for a surprise, this could be the best Raptors team ever. I do think they'll have some sort of stretch where they work out chemistry issues, and they may not get back to 59 wins, but the postseason is where we will see the true growth at. Trust me on this one...

I'm not sure Philly can take the next step, I gotta see more, but I'm pulling for em. It's a three team race in The East, I do not see Boston running away with the conference, especially when the playoffs start...
Boston beat Philly in five games and got better while the Sixers got worse. What are you seeing that I'm not seeing?

You might be right about Toronto, but as a Cleveland fan, I'm still constitutionally unable to take that franchise seriously. I wouldn't mind it if they proved me wrong.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 AM

4,213 posts, read 2,835,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Raptors may not finish first in the regular season but will prevail in the East. They'll do so by being the best defensive team in the league.

They'll face GS in the Finals and win in 6.
This guy is on to something here, ya'll better pay attention to Trout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Boston beat Philly in five games and got better while the Sixers got worse. What are you seeing that I'm not seeing?

You might be right about Toronto, but as a Cleveland fan, I'm still constitutionally unable to take that franchise seriously. I wouldn't mind it if they proved me wrong.
They match up well with Toronto, but in a series, Toronto will have the best player on the floor. Both teams play great team defense, but the better individual defenders are on Toronto. Outstanding game Friday night, that series will go at least 6, but I simply do not believe the Celtics are good enough. This isn't like they are head and shoulders above everyone in their bracket. That one team up north will, at minimum, win their first conference championship this year...

Just for fun, I can't see them beating the Dubs, either. The Warriors will have the two, potentially four best players in the series on their side, and Golden State is more explosive offensively. Not a chance...

I can tell you who will beat the Warriors, if both make it to The Finals. I'm riding this Raptors train the entire way, unless they fall into some horrible injury luck. I've been saying since the trade, I've been saying this in the preseason, they are the best team in The East and will win this thing. It will be close, but they are the best team in the East and it's pretty obvious to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or