Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 07:31 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,340,156 times

Advertisements

I think Simmons would do a good job of containing Kawhi in a playoff series, and I don't think anyone in Toronto would know how to defend Embiid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I think Simmons would do a good job of containing Kawhi in a playoff series, and I don't think anyone in Toronto would know how to defend Embiid.
Simmons can't even contain Tatum and Embiid would have to work against Serge but Toronto would be fine with letting Embiid go off.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:16 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times
Kinda shocked how bad the Cavs are now. I knew they wouldn't be finals material or barely even playoff material, but wasnt thinking they would be top 5 lottery pick bad so far.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:52 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Boston would give the Warriors a real series. And I'd argue that Tatum is their best player with Irving and Brown vying for second place. That team is 10 players deep.

If they played each other, the Warriors would have the 3 best players and at least 4 of the top 5 (maybe the top 4). It would be a gentleman's sweep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Boston beat Philly in five games and got better while the Sixers got worse. What are you seeing that I'm not seeing?

You might be right about Toronto, but as a Cleveland fan, I'm still constitutionally unable to take that franchise seriously. I wouldn't mind it if they proved me wrong.

Kawhi Leonard is a top 6 player in the NBA and DeMar is not. The Raps have routinely put up a top 10 offense & top 10 defense, and Kawhi makes them better on both ends (and Danny Green helps on both ends, too). Unless something big changes, the Raps are a step ahead of everyone in the East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
There is no way in hell Golden State wins 70 regular season games. The regular season is completely meaningless to them, I can almost guarantee that the Big 4 will almost never play a back-to-back, they'll start the bench guys in about 3 to 5 other games, and than for about 5 to 10 games they just won't care at all, and go through the motions. Plus, even if they did care the West now is just so stacked it would be hard to go 72-10 through that conference. I see the Dubs finishing about 60 to 63 regular season wins when it's all said and done,

They probably won't. But they have some new motivations. This is the last year at Oracle, and they will be savoring that. They will eventually get to play with Boogie, which will give them something new to figure out. And they are chasing a 3-peat, which would put them in rare company. Plus the rest of the West is in a race to the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This guy is on to something here, ya'll better pay attention to Trout...

They match up well with Toronto, but in a series, Toronto will have the best player on the floor. Both teams play great team defense, but the better individual defenders are on Toronto. Outstanding game Friday night, that series will go at least 6, but I simply do not believe the Celtics are good enough. This isn't like they are head and shoulders above everyone in their bracket. That one team up north will, at minimum, win their first conference championship this year...

Just for fun, I can't see them beating the Dubs, either. The Warriors will have the two, potentially four best players in the series on their side, and Golden State is more explosive offensively. Not a chance...

I can tell you who will beat the Warriors, if both make it to The Finals. I'm riding this Raptors train the entire way, unless they fall into some horrible injury luck. I've been saying since the trade, I've been saying this in the preseason, they are the best team in The East and will win this thing. It will be close, but they are the best team in the East and it's pretty obvious to me...

The Raps look like the biggest threat to the Warriors right now. They have an MVP-level player in Kawhi, plus a roster full of effective two-way players, including plus (and in some cases elite) wing defenders.

The two big questions in the league right now: where do the Wolves send Jimmy Buckets, and do the Blazers move Lillard (to LA)?

Old 10-29-2018, 10:56 AM

Houston need Butler to sure up the defense, and also so they can overcome an injury to Harden or Paul.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
It will be Golden State vs Celtics for the finals.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:04 AM

Boston don't have any superstars.
Toronto have a superstar, perhaps the best superstar in the NBA.
Boston have Kyrie to close games, and that'll help in the playoffs.
But Kyrie is not a superstar.
He's a defensive liability, and he's a shoot-first PG on a team desperately in need of a pass-first PG.
When you have as many scoring options as Boston, you need a pass-first PG to utilize everyone.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:44 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Boston don't have any superstars.
Toronto have a superstar, perhaps the best superstar in the NBA.
Boston have Kyrie to close games, and that'll help in the playoffs.
But Kyrie is not a superstar.
He's a defensive liability, and he's a shoot-first PG on a team desperately in need of a pass-first PG.
When you have as many scoring options as Boston, you need a pass-first PG to utilize everyone.
Toronto has a superstar for 1 year. Will Leonard stay after this year?? Maybe he go to the Knicks, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, who knows...

Boston has 2 stars, a lot of young talent, a decent bench and a good coach.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
With Lebron out West, I think it's safe to say this will be the least predictable season in several years. And that's a plus for most fans.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Toronto has a superstar for 1 year. Will Leonard stay after this year?? Maybe he go to the Knicks, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, who knows...

Boston has 2 stars, a lot of young talent, a decent bench and a good coach.
Yeah but I don't think young talent wins championships, unless they are led by a superstar....
And the bench doesn't give Boston much of an advantage, because Toronto also have a strong bench.

Yeah Toronto may only have Leonard for this season, but this could be the last chance for Boston too because next season the free agents may form a couple of superteams that rule the NBA....
Boston are stuck with a team without a superstar.

We'll just have to wait and see what kind of ceiling Boston's young guns have, or whether Ainge can trade for a superstar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball