Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Shocker, C.P. hurts his hamstring. Again. And again. And...

This guy's career is on a rapid downhill due to his inability to stay healthy. Don't count on him for the playoffs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sounds-...035156111.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 11:23 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,695 times
Watched the Bucks/Celtics game last night. Was sold on Boston before the start of the season, but now I see problems. Hayward is not the same player as before the injury. Everyone can see this, and a horrible contract to boot. Too many players doing the same thing, such as Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Kyrie. Not enough rebounding and not enough size. Without Hortford they are in big big trouble. Milwaukee had 19 more rebounds than Boston last night. Teams will rarely win with this outcome. Hortford must play well for them to win in the playoffs. He is their most valuable players.

I'm not surprised the Bucks won last night minus Hortford and Morris, but the game clearly showed their shortcomings.

I think the East is wide open now.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 12-22-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Old 12-22-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Shocker, C.P. hurts his hamstring. Again. And again. And...

This guy's career is on a rapid downhill due to his inability to stay healthy. Don't count on him for the playoffs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sounds-...035156111.html
As I stated in an earlier post. Paul will be making over $40 million per year at age 36. A contract killer for the Rockets. Houston has no depth, a star who plays no D and an aging always injured Chris Paul. Their time has probably passed.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:14 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
As I stated in an earlier post. Paul will be making over $40 million per year at age 36. A contract killer for the Rockets. Houston has no depth, a star who plays no D and an aging always injured Chris Paul. Their time has probably passed.
It is funny, as soon as he signed that contract over the summer, I mean, literally as soon as they announced I thought, "That is too much for Paul at this stage of his career...

...the Rockets are doomed."

Old 12-22-2018, 05:24 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Yea it's really sad to see.

CP at his prime was one of the best in the game.

His body is just breaking down on a consistent basis, in the worst possible way. Those hamstring injuries just never seem to go away, and he's hurt BOTH hamstrings at this point.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:14 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Is anybody truly surprised Paul is hurt again? I'm sorry, as bad as it may sound, I have no sympathy for him. Widely known as a dirty player and difficult to coach and an unlikable teammate, I've always said he was overrated. Sure, he's one of the best of his era and at his best, he was elite, but the gulf between he and Steph is a canyon wide. I'm not sure peak Paul is better than peak Westbrook, different games for sure, but they both play the same position. Regardless, I do not feel sorry for this guy or his team, who wore the clown nose perfectly by signing him to that ridiculous deal...

40% through the season, I think this is the most parity between the conferences that I can recall in the NBA in awhile. We keep waiting for Golden State to separate, and they still may, but when is the last time we were this late in the season and the were in 3rd place, or a 3-way tie for first? Hasn't happened in this run and by now everybody should realize Denver and OKC are legitimate threats (OKC was my preseason West pick, I'm sticking with it!). I was never sold GS was running through The League, I didn't buy it, and the season is less than a month from halfway done and I have no reason to doubt my IQ lol. This is the weakest version of the Warriors we have seen. Still good enough to win the title? Absolutely, they are still a Top 4 or 5 team. Do I think they will win the title? Absolutely not, whereas in years past they were a level above the competition, they are in a pack with three or four other elite teams this year. That is exciting for the NBA and I love it!

The East is wide open. Every time i get ready to buy into Milwaukee they go and lose to a Miami or something (last night). The supposed MVP was 3-12 shooting which is particularly horrendous given he rarely shoots outside of 12 feet. The bad part is this team plays down to its competition. The good thing is they also play up to their competition, and at their best i think they are a contender, but until they mature from this Dr Jekyll and Hyde thing they got going, they won't win anything. Good news for them is there is still time to grow...

Boston is a mess, again I have to pat myself on the back for my basketball IQ and understanding the temperature in the room (lol I'm jesting!). Everybody and their mother was so sure Boston would win The East, many predicted championship. I NEVER bought it, not at all. Among fundamental issues, this team has a bunch of egos and they may not be able to make it work as currently constructed. Kyrie wants to be an Alpha but if he's your #1 you CAN. NOT. WIN. A. CHAMPIONSHIP. Anybody with understanding of the game knew this a long time ago. Boston will still be a Top 5 seed, and their playoff experience could push them back to the ECF. Their best bet is to package a group if these guys for Anthony Davis in July. New Orleans might actually get better depending on the construction of the deal. If I'm Boston, nobody is off limits for AD!

Indiana and Philly are both better than I thought they were. Kawhi is really annoying me with all this "rest", it concerns me about Toronto. I'm still with them but the playoffs will be anybody's guess, i do believe everybody else can and will challenge them...

40% through, I'm still calling OKC vs Toronto in The Finals. The League will hate it but this parity is beautiful!

Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 AM

I wouldn't read much into the Bucks loss last night. A tough game the night before in Boston, on a road trip and before Christmas and a tough defense team like the Heat. No big deal. Would have happened to most teams.

IMO Golden State is still the best team and will be there at the end. The best team by far. Toronto still has to prove they can win in the playoffs. I know they have Kwai now, but they have been choking for years. I think Philly has the best starting lineup with three all stars. They need to make a trade to strengthen their bench. They are to big and long for Boston and more stars than Milwaukee or Toronto.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:19 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
NBA has been pretty boring. I just wait for the playoffs.

They should cut down from 82 games to 50 games and revise the playoff.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:49 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Paul wouldn't have been able to play the full season anyway, so I guess its good if he takes a long rest now and come back for the 2nd half of the season.
Houston showed enough during this recent winning streak, they'll be a contender if they can swing a trade for some defensive swingman, so when Paul returns they'll be basically the same as last year (almost good enough to eliminate Golden State).
And Golden State have an injury in the playoffs, Houston may win the West.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:52 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
NBA has been pretty boring. I just wait for the playoffs.

They should cut down from 82 games to 50 games and revise the playoff.
That's like if the men's tennis tour started playing best-of-3-sets at majors.
Once you reduce the NBA to 50 games you feminize the NBA, so nobody in a 50 game NBA season will ever be viewed as impressively as the champions of 82 game NBA seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball