U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2018, 09:26 PM

17,249 posts, read 10,169,578 times

Advertisements

Lakers dodged a bullet, it was only a slight strain to the groin and everything is intact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 10:21 PM

4,206 posts, read 2,822,069 times
The Warriors are vulnerable, and if anybody has followed my post history this season, this isn't a one game hot take. They are as vulnerable as they've been in this dynastic era. The only reason I'd still give them the best odds to win The West come April is because they are more experienced and battle tested than anyone else, and they'll still have the best top-end talent on the floor in any series...

But I've watched this team, there is an opportunity to finally put them away. And its gonna happen, I've been saying it since preseason. I don't know if its gonna be Denver or OKC or the Lakers, or if it'll have to be the East Finals rep, but this is it. A number of things are crystal clear:

•this is an average defensive team. They are light in the ass and get pushed around inside, which is a far cry from the past. They came into tonight with the #14 defense in the NBA, after finishing #1 in 2015, #5 in 2016, #2 in 2017, and #11 last year. That #14 DRtg is about to sink a little lower after tonight...

•wow, they have no depth!

•the style of play that caught The League by surprise and that they built this dynasty on has been adjusted to accordingly. Nobody can match the firepower of The Dubs when all of their elite shooters are hitting. The thing is, everybody else is shooting better, and other teams are matching pace...

•Draymond Green and Klay Thompson are so clearly and obviously on the decline. These are 2 of the four most important pieces of their run. It's sad considering their ages (both 28), but then you realize they both have an extra season of wear on them from the last four postseasons. Looks like Green won't get that massive deal from anyone...

The general thought after signing Boogie was that he made them unbeatable, and he could come in and be ordinary and they'd still cruise to a championship. I never bought it, because modern sports don't work this way. There isn't a franchise in any sport since the turn of the century that's reeled off more than a 3 in 5 run. The Warriors already have three. It doesn't take that long to adapt to the winning formula, there are multiple players in decline, and if we grade GS off their performance this year instead of what we "think" they MIGHT be, they clearly aren't the best team in the NBA. They are in a pack with four or five teams at the top, this could never be said in the past four years (that there were four or five other teams as good or better than Golden State)...

Boogie is going to have to come in and play a larger role than initially thought, but he ain't the magic elixir. Other teams have better team defense, other teams are deeper, other teams have been more consistent in clutch moments. Golden State will be a factor deep into the postseason but this year will not end with a win for them!

Old 12-26-2018, 02:03 AM

12,193 posts, read 10,407,297 times
Good point about the defense because with all their amazing shooting in the past, it was their defense which made them such a force. Green and especially Klay need to lock it down on the other side of the court when they’re not shooting. Young bench guys like Looney and Bell are not as impressive as last season; Livingston needs to retire this summer. Right now the Warriors are a two-man team....two of the top five players in the game, but that doesn’t make them any different from the old Thunder at this point. We’ll see how things are in April.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:05 AM

Austin Rivers to Rockets.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:25 AM

8,082 posts, read 5,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Austin Rivers to Rockets.
I wonder how CP feels about it..

Old 12-26-2018, 10:26 AM

8,082 posts, read 5,282,893 times
Default Game of Zones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdr_lE0nzWE

Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 AM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Good start Austin Rivers, 10 points including a couple of very important treys.
I think he's a good fit for Houston, and plenty of minutes for him now.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:37 PM

914 posts, read 1,660,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Good start Austin Rivers, 10 points including a couple of very important treys.
I think he's a good fit for Houston, and plenty of minutes for him now.
Your Sixer team should have signed Rivers. They need more depth for them to take the East.

Makes me glad that my Bucks traded for George Hill, nice pickup and again adds depth. Something Houston, Philly and Golden State are lacking.

Draymond's value is plummeting. Not to long ago the phrase max money was associated with his name. Now it sounds crazy. Murksiderock is correct about the Warriors. They are not the same, but they are still my favorite to win it all. At the rate things are going this could change come April.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 PM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Your Sixer team should have signed Rivers. They need more depth for them to take the East.

Makes me glad that my Bucks traded for George Hill, nice pickup and again adds depth. Something Houston, Philly and Golden State are lacking.

Draymond's value is plummeting. Not to long ago the phrase max money was associated with his name. Now it sounds crazy. Murksiderock is correct about the Warriors. They are not the same, but they are still my favorite to win it all. At the rate things are going this could change come April.
Yeah, although I'm quite happy at the moment, clearly matched the Celtics at Boston yesterday, clearly on the right path.
One Redick shot away from winning.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I wonder how CP feels about it..
I think CP was ok with it.

When he's on, Rivers is a good player, fearless.

I don't think he's universally liked by the NBA though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball