U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 10:50 PM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It's still amazing for me to ponder that the Seattle Sonics might have had Durant, Harden, and Westbrook together in Seattle.
And Harden's scoring and assists would only be half of what they are now, so he'd be sacrificing his career all so the inferior Westbrook could dominate....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 1,661,133 times
After flipping around ESPN,NBA TV, ABC and others it appears the NBA analyst are still drunk on the Celtics. I must have heard at least 4 or 5 times how the Celtics are still the favorites in the East to meet the Warriors in the finals. Maybe nobody has informed them that the Celtics are SIX games back on the Bucks and in 5th place.

I'm beginning to believe the Celtics are overrated. Only TNT with Shaq, Kenny, Charles and Ernie seem to realize that the others Eastern teams such as Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly and even Indiana are an equal to Boston or even better.

This is not May 2018. We have 1/2 a season and the Celtics have been inconsistent and disappointing. The Kyrie worship has been on full display also. I like Kyrie, but lets face it he hogs the ball when the game is in crunch time and often he goes into full showboat mode, often taking contested bad shots. Some go in, but often a poor shot and sometimes a turnover, like last night.

I'm not sure the other Celtics really like this guy. Self proclaimed leader, not a good look. Ball hog at the worst times, guys open and he goes one on two or worse and throws up a hero shot.

I wonder how bad the locker room is on this team or how bad it is going to get. The tension has show on numerous times on full display during games. Behind closes doors it must be much much worse.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 01-27-2019 at 08:49 AM..

Old 01-27-2019, 10:19 AM

17,249 posts, read 10,169,578 times
To no one's surprise, reports out of the Lakers camp has Lebron and company wanting Walton out. As soon as the Lakers signed Lebron, Walton had to have known he was on borrowed time.

It doesn't matter what Jeanie Buss states publicly, she's not going to impede what Magic and Rob want to do for the team.

Report: LeBron James' camp wants Lakers to move on from Luke Walton

Old 01-27-2019, 03:39 PM

12,457 posts, read 4,213,163 times
2019: The year of James Harden.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:15 PM

12,193 posts, read 10,409,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
After flipping around ESPN,NBA TV, ABC and others it appears the NBA analyst are still drunk on the Celtics. I must have heard at least 4 or 5 times how the Celtics are still the favorites in the East to meet the Warriors in the finals. Maybe nobody has informed them that the Celtics are SIX games back on the Bucks and in 5th place.

I'm beginning to believe the Celtics are overrated. Only TNT with Shaq, Kenny, Charles and Ernie seem to realize that the others Eastern teams such as Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly and even Indiana are an equal to Boston or even better.

This is not May 2018. We have 1/2 a season and the Celtics have been inconsistent and disappointing. The Kyrie worship has been on full display also. I like Kyrie, but lets face it he hogs the ball when the game is in crunch time and often he goes into full showboat mode, often taking contested bad shots. Some go in, but often a poor shot and sometimes a turnover, like last night.

I'm not sure the other Celtics really like this guy. Self proclaimed leader, not a good look. Ball hog at the worst times, guys open and he goes one on two or worse and throws up a hero shot.

I wonder how bad the locker room is on this team or how bad it is going to get. The tension has show on numerous times on full display during games. Behind closes doors it must be much much worse.
The best thing they can do is trade him in the offseason. They did well without him in the playoffs last year and he should bring a decent return in any trade. Hell if he still wants to go to the Knicks maybe they can get Zing for him

Old 01-28-2019, 07:40 AM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
2019: The year of James Harden.
It needs to end with a trip to the championship. Otherwise, it will be a footnote.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:18 AM

17,249 posts, read 10,169,578 times
Anthony Davis wants out.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:52 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anthony Davis wants out.
Yep, that is the news of the day. Just last week, weren't there reports that Davis wasnt going to ask for a trade this season?

I guess when he got hurt, and saw that the team was really struggling without him, I guess he finally decided to pull the pin on the grenade...

Old 01-29-2019, 02:07 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
And Harden's scoring and assists would only be half of what they are now, so he'd be sacrificing his career all so the inferior Westbrook could dominate....
I dont think Harden is ever going to get a title either.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:04 AM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I dont think Harden is ever going to get a title either.
With the pieces they have added during the year... mainly Rivers and Faried... they have a better shot than they did when they started the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball