U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 10:51 AM

17,310 posts, read 10,212,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Yep, that is the news of the day. Just last week, weren't there reports that Davis wasnt going to ask for a trade this season?

I guess when he got hurt, and saw that the team was really struggling without him, I guess he finally decided to pull the pin on the grenade...
I'm sure it's going to get done, the Lakers will trade Lonzo, Zubac, and Kuzma, and a first round pick, to get Anthony. LeBron's window of opportunity for another championship is fast closing. Laker management wants to win NOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 10:56 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure it's going to get done, the Lakers will trade Lonzo, Zubac, and Kuzma, and a first round pick, to get Anthony. LeBron's window of opportunity for another championship is fast closing. Laker management wants to win NOW

I can't see why the Pels would entertain any offer the Lakers can assemble. Their young guys just aren't promising enough. I like Toronto as a trade partner, unless Cuban is willing to part with Doncic or if Boston is ready to backup the truck and unload the young players & picks.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM

4,492 posts, read 3,158,600 times
The Pels will likely go into full rebuild mode. The team looks good on paper, but they've consistently underperformed. I'd go ahead and shop Holiday and see what you can get for him. This team just needs to be overhauled. Do what the Nets did and just accept defeat and be basement dwellers and surprise everyone when one of your rotations makes some noise. That's all the Pels can do. They're past trying to strategize and monkey the system. Just throw rotations at the wall and see what sticks, then go from there.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:21 PM

3,379 posts, read 589,823 times
Former Sonics owner Howard Schultz is going to run for president as independent, even though he's a life-long Democrat. He's getting reamed up and down by the local sports talk stations. Schultz wanted a new tax-funded stadium around 2003, but there was no area political will for that. He sold the team to Clay Bennett from OKC, who promptly moved the team. IIRC Schultz made $130 million on the deal.

I think the sports talk guys are hypocrites, but still it is interesting that Schultz gets negative reviews in Seattle. Shultz also is getting lots of heat from Democrats too of course, since they fear he will split the vote.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:20 AM

5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The Pels will likely go into full rebuild mode. The team looks good on paper, but they've consistently underperformed. I'd go ahead and shop Holiday and see what you can get for him. This team just needs to be overhauled. Do what the Nets did and just accept defeat and be basement dwellers and surprise everyone when one of your rotations makes some noise. That's all the Pels can do. They're past trying to strategize and monkey the system. Just throw rotations at the wall and see what sticks, then go from there.
They would have made the playoffs easily if they had Rondo.
Davis has no basketball IQ, so he needed Rondo to lead him.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:11 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,425,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Former Sonics owner Howard Schultz is going to run for president as independent, even though he's a life-long Democrat. He's getting reamed up and down by the local sports talk stations. Schultz wanted a new tax-funded stadium around 2003, but there was no area political will for that. He sold the team to Clay Bennett from OKC, who promptly moved the team. IIRC Schultz made $130 million on the deal.

I think the sports talk guys are hypocrites, but still it is interesting that Schultz gets negative reviews in Seattle. Shultz also is getting lots of heat from Democrats too of course, since they fear he will split the vote.
I'd rather not talk politics here (we have a toxic forum for that) but he is indeed vilified in Seattle for what he did to the Sonics, and rightfully so.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM

4,492 posts, read 3,158,600 times
Looks like the Mavericks have waved the white flag on making it into the playoffs this year. They are looking to trade DSJ, Jordan, Matthews, and possibly a pick to the Knicks for Porzingis, Lee, and Hardaway. I expect Lee and Hardaway to be waived after the season. Mavs still have Barnes unfortunately and I hate to see DSJ go. He just wasn't happy with his new role and he had soured with Carlisle.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deandre-jordan

Old 01-31-2019, 04:15 PM

1,228 posts, read 582,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Looks like the Mavericks have waved the white flag on making it into the playoffs this year. They are looking to trade DSJ, Jordan, Matthews, and possibly a pick to the Knicks for Porzingis, Lee, and Hardaway. I expect Lee and Hardaway to be waived after the season. Mavs still have Barnes unfortunately and I hate to see DSJ go. He just wasn't happy with his new role and he had soured with Carlisle.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deandre-jordan

As a Hawks fan, this is good either way. Draft pick wise, hopefully the Knicks can get out of the lottery race and the Mavs can stay in it (just outside the top 5 though).

Old 01-31-2019, 04:38 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Knicks trade Kristaps Porzingis to Mavericks in blockbuster deal

The Knicks have agreed to a trade that will send Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee and Trey Burke to the Mavericks, the team announced on Thursday.

In return, the Knicks will receive Dennis Smith Jr., two future first-round picks, and the expiring contracts of DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews.

Wait... so the Mavs have Luka and Porzingas?

Old 01-31-2019, 08:39 PM

915 posts, read 1,662,870 times
New York has been silent concerning Porzingis's knee for a few months now. I wonder if his knee injury is worse than many think?

Concerning the Davis trade. What is better for the Pelicans - Ingram and Kuzma from the Lakers or Brown and Tatum from the Celtics? Not sure myself.

Big win for the Bucks tonight vs Toronto. 24 games over .500 and 3 less loses than the 2nd best team in the East. Best record in the NBA as of tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball