U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 08:56 PM

17,267 posts, read 10,194,544 times

Advertisements

LBJ playing tonight against the Clippers. He looks like the Walking Dead out there, slow and playing zero defense. Probably very rusty still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 09:54 PM

12,199 posts, read 10,416,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
New York has been silent concerning Porzingis's knee for a few months now. I wonder if his knee injury is worse than many think?

Concerning the Davis trade. What is better for the Pelicans - Ingram and Kuzma from the Lakers or Brown and Tatum from the Celtics? Not sure myself.

Big win for the Bucks tonight vs Toronto. 24 games over .500 and 3 less loses than the 2nd best team in the East. Best record in the NBA as of tonight.
Brown and Tatum by far. Iím not sure Ainge would pull the trigger on that though, as they provide a lot of chemistry to the team. Those two basically carried the Celtics to the ECF (along with Horford) while AD just puts up big stats for the Pels.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:57 PM

28,477 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Impressive win by the Sixers. Held GSW to 44 in the 2nd half. Embiid played bully ball in the paint. It took me back about 20 years with his post play.

This would make for an entertaining finals.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 PM

4,211 posts, read 2,828,597 times
Brown and Tatum were overrated. This is why, even though we never do it, we should wait to crown guys until they show some consistency. Tatum had a great rookie year and we already called him the new Paul Pierce. I still think the best years are ahead of both, but you definitely can't say they are hands down better than Kuz and Ingram. Ingram is just not as good as people expected him to be, but he's still a serviceable pro. Kuz is looking really good but we gotta see more consistency...

Is it too late to hop the Sixers bandwagon? Philly played outstanding and composed D in the 4th tonight, and Simmons was a man! I still worry about their ability to perform on bigger stages, after last year's meltdown vs the Celtics, but this win was encouraging. It is horrible to say, but Indiana is about to drop to the bottom of the playoff field without Oladipo. The door is open for Philly to challenge Toronto for the 2 seed...

This gotdamn Porzingis trade. If he is 70% of the player he was, this trade is a win. I was confident in Luka by himself (still am), but if Porzingis comes back as good or better, and Luka still matures, the Dallas Mavericks are going to be a major, major force really soon...

Dennis Smith is not as good as we thought he would be, but he represents a major upgrade for the Knicks. Maybe he can realize his potential with a team desperately needing a jolt. For people still believing in his potential, maybe he helps draw a KD or somebody there and helps them get to AD...

Old 01-31-2019, 11:29 PM

17,267 posts, read 10,194,544 times
Great game tonight, Lebron looked slow first half but he looked much better second.

Hopefully Rondo didn't hurt himself too bad, looked like he tweaked his ankle at end.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:46 AM

5,431 posts, read 1,544,456 times
Simmons 26 points, 5 offensive rebounds @GS!
Philly wouldn't even be a playoff team without this guy, whereas they'd easily make the playoffs without Embiid....

Old 02-01-2019, 07:45 AM

28,477 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Simmons 26 points, 5 offensive rebounds @GS!
Philly wouldn't even be a playoff team without this guy, whereas they'd easily make the playoffs without Embiid....
Please stop w/ Embiid. He physically punished them in the paint last night. Cousins and Looney looked like the JV, especially in the 2nd half.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,415,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
As a Hawks fan, this is good either way. Draft pick wise, hopefully the Knicks can get out of the lottery race and the Mavs can stay in it (just outside the top 5 though).
Glad to see another Hawks fan out there- we are a rare breed! Let's hope Dallas starts losing more, so we can have a higher draft pick from them. I really believe the hawks are headed in the right direction. 2 really good young players in Collins and Young, and some others also. We just need time to learn to play together more, improve the defense, and a couple more pieces. The GM and Coach appear to know what they are doing.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:16 AM

915 posts, read 1,661,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Brown and Tatum were overrated. This is why, even though we never do it, we should wait to crown guys until they show some consistency. Tatum had a great rookie year and we already called him the new Paul Pierce. I still think the best years are ahead of both, but you definitely can't say they are hands down better than Kuz and Ingram. Ingram is just not as good as people expected him to be, but he's still a serviceable pro. Kuz is looking really good but we gotta see more consistency...

Is it too late to hop the Sixers bandwagon? Philly played outstanding and composed D in the 4th tonight, and Simmons was a man! I still worry about their ability to perform on bigger stages, after last year's meltdown vs the Celtics, but this win was encouraging. It is horrible to say, but Indiana is about to drop to the bottom of the playoff field without Oladipo. The door is open for Philly to challenge Toronto for the 2 seed...

This gotdamn Porzingis trade. If he is 70% of the player he was, this trade is a win. I was confident in Luka by himself (still am), but if Porzingis comes back as good or better, and Luka still matures, the Dallas Mavericks are going to be a major, major force really soon...

Dennis Smith is not as good as we thought he would be, but he represents a major upgrade for the Knicks. Maybe he can realize his potential with a team desperately needing a jolt. For people still believing in his potential, maybe he helps draw a KD or somebody there and helps them get to AD...
I've been saying this for a while now. Look out for Philly. I have them and the Bucks as the two top teams in the East. Milwaukee beat Toronto again last night. 3-1 vs the Raptors this year. I seem enough of this match up to believe that the Bucks are the better team. I think Philly is better than Toronto also. I watched Boston vs Golden State a few nights back and Boston was acting as if it was a moral victory against Golden State and therefore they will be the team to match up against in the Finals. My thought was is this a high school team or what. No moral victories in the NBA. You lost at home period.

I think both Milwaukee and Philly can take Boston. I think they are better teams.

OKC may be able to challenge Golden State in the West. Cousins didn't impress me last night.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:20 AM

4,211 posts, read 2,828,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I've been saying this for a while now. Look out for Philly. I have them and the Bucks as the two top teams in the East. Milwaukee beat Toronto again last night. 3-1 vs the Raptors this year. I seem enough of this match up to believe that the Bucks are the better team. I think Philly is better than Toronto also. I watched Boston vs Golden State a few nights back and Boston was acting as if it was a moral victory against Golden State and therefore they will be the team to match up against in the Finals. My thought was is this a high school team or what. No moral victories in the NBA. You lost at home period.

I think both Milwaukee and Philly can take Boston. I think they are better teams.

OKC may be able to challenge Golden State in the West. Cousins didn't impress me last night.
Excellent points...

To flashback, I was in on Philly last year, but they looked bad, especially in crunch time, versus Boston last postseason. And I got sour on the Simmons hype. But Simmons has gotten better, I won't deny it, Boston was predictably overrated (I called this in preseason!), and there has been growth in Philly. I'm back on. I gotta see more to see if they are truly ahead of Toronto, but I do think they are gonna get real close to the 2 seed, if not steal it...

I do not think they get to #1, and let me say this about your Bucks. That is a real team. My only concern is matchups late in the postseason against other great teams, or The Dubs, when the court and rotation shrinks, and strategy/coaching takes precedence. I have my reservations about Budenholzer and the youthful Bucks responding to postseason adversity. But I'm on board, and I agree, they ate better than Toronto...

Lol at Boston. Ego is tearing that team apart. They are gonna be a threat playoff time because of Steven's, Kyrie, and the collective experience, but this team probably doesn't make it out of the semifinals this year, and I'd be absolutely floored to see a Finals run. Not gonna happen. Sixers took it to Golden State on the road last night, Embiid pisses me off with settling for long jumpers early in the possession but he absolutely gave it to Looney and Cousins last night. Simmons was dominant as well. If this is how Philly plays with consistency, they are a dark horse for sure. Their length gave GS trouble, they can't handle Embiid, and Philly is more youthful and it shows. Sixers were running the floor against a team that supposedly can play fast, but is alot older than Philly, and it showed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball