U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 12:35 PM

5,428 posts, read 1,542,035 times

Advertisements

I find it weird that Curry shoots airballs, even in this game he made 10 treys but shot 2 airballs.....
Even I don't remember ever shooting an airball in a game, and I'm nowhere near as good as Curry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 AM

4,209 posts, read 2,825,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I find it weird that Curry shoots airballs, even in this game he made 10 treys but shot 2 airballs.....
Even I don't remember ever shooting an airball in a game, and I'm nowhere near as good as Curry.
No ****, I don't think any of us were confused hahahahahaha....

Old 02-05-2019, 12:10 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,013,832 times
John Wall has ruptured his Achilles and will be out for the next 12 months. If the Wizards are in the tank next season, I could see the Wizards playing it safe and holding him out for the entire season, rather than bringing him back next February\March\April to play meaningless games.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:34 PM

17,254 posts, read 10,183,539 times
This is what happens when you sign LeBron James to your team.

It was hardly a secret that LeBron wanted Anthony Davis badly as a teammate. Not only did Davis sign with James' agent, but James was openly trying to recruit Davis by going on dinner dates, etc.

When James went down with an injury, of course the Lakers team was in a bit of a disarray. When someone as ball dominant as James doesn't play, it creates issues as the players try to find the right balance in who is scoring, who's the playmaker, etc. But after a rough stretch, the Lakers started to show signs of life and cohesion (until Ball went down with an injury). It was no coincidence the scoring average of players like Ingram were much higher without LeBron than with him.

So Magic decides to throw the entire Lakers team under the bus in order for a chance to sign Davis. And the Pelicans played them for fools. Way to go Magic, you've destroyed the entire Lakers team chemistry. Why should the team give a darn.

Lakers fall to Pacers by 42 points, marking worst loss by LeBron James-led team in history

Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 PM

12,199 posts, read 10,411,824 times
Yup, Lebron is an all-time great, but creates toxicity wherever he goes. That’s why so few stars want to play with him. The player/coach/GM act will follow him no matter the organization.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:40 AM

25,775 posts, read 13,404,281 times
The Sixers pick up of Tobias Harris is sending a ripple through the East. The Raptors handled them pretty easily last night, taking the season series 3-1 but the addition of Harris might give the Sixers the best starting five in the East. But will it hurt their depth?

It's going to be an interesting couple of months.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:26 PM

8,083 posts, read 5,287,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

It was hardly a secret that LeBron wanted Anthony Davis badly as a teammate. Not only did Davis sign with James' agent, but James was openly trying to recruit Davis by going on dinner dates, etc.

When James went down with an injury, of course the Lakers team was in a bit of a disarray. When someone as ball dominant as James doesn't play, it creates issues as the players try to find the right balance in who is scoring, who's the playmaker, etc. But after a rough stretch, the Lakers started to show signs of life and cohesion (until Ball went down with an injury). It was no coincidence the scoring average of players like Ingram were much higher without LeBron than with him.

So Magic decides to throw the entire Lakers team under the bus in order for a chance to sign Davis. And the Pelicans played them for fools. Way to go Magic, you've destroyed the entire Lakers team chemistry. Why should the team give a darn.

Lakers fall to Pacers by 42 points, marking worst loss by LeBron James-led team in history
Lebron and Davis will not make the Lakers competition against the Warriors. The Lakers need more than just Lebron and Davis.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:16 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,233,397 times
This is the most entertaining trade deadline in years. By the time I wake up tomorrow morning I am expecting every player to have been traded.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:09 PM

5,428 posts, read 1,542,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Sixers pick up of Tobias Harris is sending a ripple through the East. The Raptors handled them pretty easily last night, taking the season series 3-1 but the addition of Harris might give the Sixers the best starting five in the East. But will it hurt their depth?

It's going to be an interesting couple of months.
Should only need 8 guys in the playoffs anyway, and in addition to Harris we acquired another really good 3-point-shooter in Scott (and good defender too), and a 7-3 290lbs back-up for Embiid!
Even if the depth isn't good, can at least have a couple of stars on the court at all-times, now 5 guys averaging 17ppg+ each.
Embiid won't get the ball as much, so his scoring should go down.
Simmons will have more space to drive and more shooters to hit.
When Embiid is on the bench I think Simmons should be on the court with Harris and Redick.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:24 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

So what are you saying? You'd rather not have Lebron? You're upset about him recruiting Davis? A guy who many consider a top 5 or 6 player in the NBA?

I don't get your gripe, or at least the direction it's pointing to. Are you upset at Magic for considering a trade for Anthony Davis? "How dare he trade such young, innocent talent, I mean they're such nice guys and all" Umm don't we want to get better as a team? If you think that we'd be giving up too much for AD, then ok, I agree with you. But to blame Magic for coming up with trade scenarios to get a deal done...well, isn't that what we want him to be doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball