U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 01:04 PM

5,432 posts, read 1,546,102 times

Advertisements

Tobias Harris is the 2nd most entertaining player in the NBA.
While Houston are the team most likely to eliminate Golden State, Philly are the team most likely to eliminate everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 11:36 AM

2,756 posts, read 2,371,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
After flipping around ESPN,NBA TV, ABC and others it appears the NBA analyst are still drunk on the Celtics. I must have heard at least 4 or 5 times how the Celtics are still the favorites in the East to meet the Warriors in the finals.
I don't have cable but the other day I heard these guys (Stephen A., Tom Thib) still raving about the Celtics. This was after they lost to the Lakers at home. What's with the media loving the Celtics? They automatically think once the Celtics get in the playoffs nobody will hang with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD3kXrxbS_E

Old 02-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I don't have cable but the other day I heard these guys (Stephen A., Tom Thib) still raving about the Celtics. This was after they lost to the Lakers at home. What's with the media loving the Celtics? They automatically think once the Celtics get in the playoffs nobody will hang with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD3kXrxbS_E
I think its because in the preseason most of the media predicted Boston would rule the East and maybe beat Golden State, so they're still hopeful that they won't look like fools for predicting that.
But props to Stephen A. Smith for correctly identifying the problem - Gordon Hayward.
The coach and front office are too sympathetic to Hayward's plight and are unwilling to bite the bullet and remove him from the rotation.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:38 PM

17,285 posts, read 10,206,664 times
Glass Kyrie with yet another another injury. Jeezus H.

And is there a more whiny wishy washy team than the Celtics? Man the f**k up!

The Celtics sound ready to implode

Quote:
Forward Marcus Morris unloaded to reporters after the Boston Celtics gave up a 28-point lead in a loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

“For me, it’s not really about the loss, it’s about the attitude that we’re playing with,” Morris said, per Boston.com.

“Guys are hanging their heads. It’s not fun. We’re not competing at a high level. Even though we’re winning, it’s still not fun. I don’t see the joy in the game.”

And the news for Boston only gets worse. Their leading scorer, Kyrie Irving, scored 14 points before sustaining a right knee sprain with about four minutes left in the first half, and he did not play in the second. He’s expected to undergo testing on the knee on Sunday.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:04 AM

Now they just have to get rid of Hayward and they'll be able to duplicate last year's playoff run.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:43 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,166,272 times
Guess we have to wait until the end of March to see if the sixers can actually beat the Celtics.

They are 1-7 against Boston, Milwaukee and Toronto - that has to be better for me to totally believe

that said am excited for this squad and what they can become

Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 AM

As usual, Embiid's lack of lower-body strength is exposed by Hordford, same as last year's playoffs.
Whereas Embiid is too mobile for other centers so he can usually move around them without needing to bang.
For example Embiid is too nimble for Cousins, so even though Cousins has the strength he can't force Embiid to bang.
This problem that Embiid has with Cousins is easily worth a couple of baskets per game, and that's all it takes for Boston to win.

This time Boston won by 3, and in the playoffs Boston won by 5, 3 and 2 (in games 2, 3 and 5).
Philly did most things well-enough, won the rebounding 47-41, shot better from the field 49-47 but 3-pointers were a problem with Harris going 0-6 and Embiid 2-8 - still Redick, Butler, JSimmons and McConnell all shot 50% or better so Philly shot 33% downtown to Boston's 45%.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:26 PM

Boston now 9-2 without Kyrie....

Old 02-14-2019, 10:33 PM

17,285 posts, read 10,206,664 times
Anthony Davis, injured.

Again.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 AM

25,820 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anthony Davis, injured.

Again.
Haven't read any details but it seems quite...convenient - for both him and the Pelicans. Now he can sit and the club won't get fined by Commissioner LeBron - I mean Silver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball