U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2019, 06:32 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
MJ was always more about golf than basketball.
Kareem has a better body of work than LeBron, so I'd put Kareem at #2.
And if we're talking peak, I think there are as many as 10 players that we can put ahead of LeBron.
LeBron's greatness was largely based on his combination of assists and rebounds per game, and Westbrook has since proven how meaningless those stats are, because nobody thinks Westbrook is even close to the best in the NBA, despite his far superior assists and rebounds per game....
You can't say there are 10 players ahead of Lebron then claim you don't know who they are ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I think success gives him the weakest resume of my top 5 all-time: MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, LBJ. LBJ had 2 All-NBA players in Miami and 2 All-NBA players in Cleveland. 3 titles is great, but it looks less impressive than the accomplishments of the other 4, especially considering that only Kareem had a longer career.

I don't think you can find 10 players to put ahead of LBJ. I could see a case for Shaq. If I'm really stretching, I could make a case for Bird, West, or Wilt. That's 8, and I already think I've bent too far.
Mostly agree, but the only player I think can make a case as ahead of Lebron besides MJ, is Kareem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
And LeBron didn't even average 8.0rpg AND 8.0apg until his 14th year!
Simmons did it in his rookie year 8.1rpg and 8.2apg.
Westbrook has totally changed things, now in his 3rd straight triple-double year, and currently averaging 11.2rpg and 11.2apg....
Your stanning has no limits ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 07:29 AM

5,446 posts, read 1,550,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Seems like any decent ball handler will give you 5+ assist in 35 minutes. A below average guard like Chris Duhon averaged 7.2 assist one year. Also a lot of jump shooting going on and typically every player on the court can shoot. All those 3s being attempted means long rebounds for quicker perimeter players. Big men stepping out to shoot means perimeter players can get inside and increase their odds of getting rebounds. A small relatively slow player like Curry has averaged 5.1-5.4 rebounds during 3 seasons. Something like 20+/7+/7+ is almost common for elite players in today’s NBA....Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, Jokic, Simmons, Durant, Giannis, etc.

In just the last decade, the amount of triple doubles has increased 3-4x. In Jordan’s last season with the Bulls there were 22 triple doubles for the entire NBA. This season I think we are on pace to see 115 or so triple doubles.

Kinda makes me wonder what MJ’s stat line might look like in today’s NBA if he decided to fill up the stat sheet. We already know he put up 10 triple doubles in 11 games playing PG.
That's a good point, excessive 3-point-shooting has changed every other stat.
It is surreal to see Curry averaging over 5rpg, knowing that Jordan was a far superior rebounder and averaged less than 6rpg in his last 2 Bulls seasons.
It absolutely indicates that Jordan is underrated now if we just go by his stats, and as I've said before I think Jordan would be constantly at the free-throw line in today's league, because nobody caught the defense off-balance more than Jordan.

This is why its completely unfair to call someone "GOAT", as each era is completely different.
The way the NBA is going now, someone more athletic than Harden will be given a D'Antoni system and will average 35ppg for their entire career and they'll automatically be called GOAT even though Jordan would also average 35ppg (or 40ppg) in this era.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:19 PM

17,319 posts, read 10,225,457 times
Lakers looked absolutely dreadful tonight. They kept close for a bit but then as per usual lazy play, constant turnovers and porous 'defense.'

Looks like LBJ might have tweaked something in the fourth quarter, almost looked to be his groin again.

No way this team is gonna make the playoffs.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:18 PM

Dubs beaten by the Rockets in a relatively close game at the end.

CP3 was too much, and the Rockets have beaten the Warriors in four regular season games, the most in the Kerr era.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:05 PM

Ja Rule’s Halftime Performance at Milwaukee Bucks Game Goes Viral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYS4I71tTXI

Old 02-24-2019, 12:24 PM

915 posts, read 1,663,100 times
The Bucks are 24-3 in their last 27 games, but what do we get more Celtics intoxication. They have lost 4 of last 6, yet the experts still regard them a top threat in the East. It's doesn't work with Kyrie. He wants to play hero ball every night and the others stand around and watch. This team is going to fall apart at this rate.

I love this Lebron is in playoff mode now, as if the season meant nothing to this point. I also love that New Orleans won last night. Lebron almost broke down in tears in the post game interviews. They are at risk of not making the playoffs. There not the great of team with or without Lebron.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:02 PM

28,506 posts, read 15,466,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Dubs beaten by the Rockets in a relatively close game at the end.

CP3 was too much, and the Rockets have beaten the Warriors in four regular season games, the most in the Kerr era.
I think it has only been 3 games so far this year.

They are a threat to GSW as long as CP3 is on the court. He probably needs to handle the ball more with Harden on the court.

If they could only be consistent against the 3rd tier teams and below.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:18 PM

2,763 posts, read 2,374,881 times
Giannis got tired of waiting for Ja Rule to finish, so he went out during Ja Rules set performance to shoot warm up shots.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:32 PM

4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
The Bucks are 24-3 in their last 27 games, but what do we get more Celtics intoxication. They have lost 4 of last 6, yet the experts still regard them a top threat in the East. It's doesn't work with Kyrie. He wants to play hero ball every night and the others stand around and watch. This team is going to fall apart at this rate.

I love this Lebron is in playoff mode now, as if the season meant nothing to this point. I also love that New Orleans won last night. Lebron almost broke down in tears in the post game interviews. They are at risk of not making the playoffs. There not the great of team with or without Lebron.
I'm tired of this Celtics intoxication too, I just watched Broussard and Cowherd fawn over them earlier, Cowherd guaranteed Boston will be in The Finals...

Old 02-25-2019, 03:03 PM

915 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I'm tired of this Celtics intoxication too, I just watched Broussard and Cowherd fawn over them earlier, Cowherd guaranteed Boston will be in The Finals...
I watched the Cowherd video. Better cut Colin off, because he has had way too much to drink. He is sloppy drunk on Boston. Funny he never mentions Philly in the segment at all. Very strange. It took Boston 7 games to beat Milwaukee last year and this year the Bucks are much better and IMO Boston is worse. Kyrie makes this team worse. I've stated this numerous times on this forum. He is looking out for himself and can easily shoot his team out of a game such as the Bucks/Celtics game last Thursday when he went 9 for 27 from the field. What makes this even worse he took a very bad contested shot at the end of the game with a wide open Hortford in the corner. Really greedy. I believe Boston would have won the game if Irving wouldn't had played.

Cowherd was talking downright stupid. As if the regular season doesn't matter and teams like Boston will hit the on switch and magically or Lebron like they will appear in the NBA finals. He overrated the talent on Boston. It's good but not any better the Philly, Milwaukee and maybe Toronto also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball