U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,757 posts, read 2,373,141 times
Reputation: 2613

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I watched the Cowherd video. Better cut Colin off, because he has had way too much to drink. He is sloppy drunk on Boston. Funny he never mentions Philly in the segment at all. Very strange. It took Boston 7 games to beat Milwaukee last year and this year the Bucks are much better and IMO Boston is worse.
and Boston has now lost 5 of their last 7 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2019, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,213 posts, read 2,835,064 times
Reputation: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I watched the Cowherd video. Better cut Colin off, because he has had way too much to drink. He is sloppy drunk on Boston. Funny he never mentions Philly in the segment at all. Very strange. It took Boston 7 games to beat Milwaukee last year and this year the Bucks are much better and IMO Boston is worse. Kyrie makes this team worse. I've stated this numerous times on this forum. He is looking out for himself and can easily shoot his team out of a game such as the Bucks/Celtics game last Thursday when he went 9 for 27 from the field. What makes this even worse he took a very bad contested shot at the end of the game with a wide open Hortford in the corner. Really greedy. I believe Boston would have won the game if Irving wouldn't had played.

Cowherd was talking downright stupid. As if the regular season doesn't matter and teams like Boston will hit the on switch and magically or Lebron like they will appear in the NBA finals. He overrated the talent on Boston. It's good but not any better the Philly, Milwaukee and maybe Toronto also.
Boston got the doors beat off if them, outscored 36-11 in the 2nd. That was pretty much it...

I really want to know how Ainge is leaning right now. They have to overturn at least half of this roster next year. I'm not sure why Rozier would want to be there, there's been pouting and sulking and finger pointing all year, Stevens is a great coach but his limitations have been exposed this year...

You cannot win a championship with Kyrie as your #1. It. Will. Not. Happen. He can be probably the best #2 in the NBA, but he isn't a true #1. And to again piggyback off of your own statements, this roster was overrated from Day 1. I never drank that Kool-Aid, not for a second...

This Celtics team might not make it out of Rd 1. I think Brooklyn will challenge whoever is #3, and Philly, a team I don't think is particularly strong, has shown us for 60+ games that they are better than Boston. What reason do I really have to believe that Boston would be a lock versus them in the playoffs, besides blind faith? Lol...

My Nuggets held on versus OKC. I want the Nuggets to make a run so badly, that is an entertaining team to watch. I just don't think this is the year. I still think OKC can beat Golden State, but this team hit a wall offensively many times last night. Westbrook had 7 turnovers and several times looked out of control on his drives, sometimes it worked in his favor, most times it didn't...

This team has to tighten it up to beat Golden State in 7...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
 
17,310 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28833
Is Kyrie Irving A Fraud? An Investigation

Quote:
Kyrie Irving is a former NBA champion, a six-time All-Star, and is, in his curious way, the vocal leader of the Boston Celtics, a nominal championship contender currently parked three games behind the Victor Oladipo-less Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference standings. He is a mega super duper star, but his future with the Celtics has recently been a topic of speculation, which gives rise to the following very serious question: Is Kyrie Irving, in fact, a mighty fraud? The circumstances call for a thorough gathering of facts. To the facts!
Kyrie Irving gives dead-eye stare from bench during Celtics 20-point loss
Quote:
Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving didnít seem to be having much fun Tuesday. During the Celtics 20-point loss against the Toronto Raptors, a picture of Irving giving a dead-eye stare from the bench picked up steam on social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 08:19 PM
 
17,310 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28833

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGHU_FmDN38
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 PM
 
17,310 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28833
Exciting game and great win by the Lakers tonight.

Finally LBJ stopped whining and played hard all night. That last three he made was ridiculous and amazing.

Lance Stephenson left with some leg injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,213 posts, read 2,835,064 times
Reputation: 4502
I read that article yesterday, and though a little slanted it is honest in its premise...

Kyrie has won exactly nothing as a #1. Kyrie hasn't shown he can carry a team even past the first round as a #1, much less to legitimate championship contention. NBA media is the most loopy of all the major leagues, everybody immediately jumped this Kyrie/Boston bandwagon from day one...

It's been a long time since a point guard was the #1 on a championship team. You have to be a special kind of PG to do that in professional basketball. Kyrie is great, but we have always overrated him a little (we as in fans, media)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 01:17 PM
 
17,310 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28833
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I read that article yesterday, and though a little slanted it is honest in its premise...

Kyrie has won exactly nothing as a #1. Kyrie hasn't shown he can carry a team even past the first round as a #1, much less to legitimate championship contention. NBA media is the most loopy of all the major leagues, everybody immediately jumped this Kyrie/Boston bandwagon from day one...

It's been a long time since a point guard was the #1 on a championship team. You have to be a special kind of PG to do that in professional basketball. Kyrie is great, but we have always overrated him a little (we as in fans, media)....
Yup, and this:


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EetMtpU2Sbw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Status: "RIP Solomon Tekah" (set 11 days ago)
 
1,228 posts, read 582,192 times
Reputation: 1193
I don't know what's up with Irving's mental. As a point guard, he has a ton of talent to work with and he's in a spot where they'll be great for a long time. If he were truly a leader, he'd establish himself as someone that would come through in the fourth quarter.

There's talk about Kyrie being a Knick next season. I don't see it working out well because there'd be a young talented draft pick there and he'd just stunt growth. Kyrie is a confusing person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 PM
 
5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Reputation: 2268
If they get Zion I think Kyrie in New York would work, because Zion loves playing up-tempo and Kyrie can run the ball and give him easy finishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That's a good point, excessive 3-point-shooting has changed every other stat.
It is surreal to see Curry averaging over 5rpg, knowing that Jordan was a far superior rebounder and averaged less than 6rpg in his last 2 Bulls seasons.
It absolutely indicates that Jordan is underrated now if we just go by his stats, and as I've said before I think Jordan would be constantly at the free-throw line in today's league, because nobody caught the defense off-balance more than Jordan.

This is why its completely unfair to call someone "GOAT", as each era is completely different.
The way the NBA is going now, someone more athletic than Harden will be given a D'Antoni system and will average 35ppg for their entire career and they'll automatically be called GOAT even though Jordan would also average 35ppg (or 40ppg) in this era.

Curry is a good rebounding guard. He'll mix it up with bigger players, he has quick hands, and he has a nose for the ball. He boxed out Dwight Howard in a Rockets playoff series to secure a big rebound.



Assuming Jordan would average 35 or 40 today is silly. Defenses are much better now than they were then. MJ was a solid shooter, but not a great one. MJ was an unguardable player in the 80s & 90s. Harden is an unguardable player in the 2010s. Harden is an atrocious defender; MJ was an excellent defender.



Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Boston got the doors beat off if them, outscored 36-11 in the 2nd. That was pretty much it...

I really want to know how Ainge is leaning right now. They have to overturn at least half of this roster next year. I'm not sure why Rozier would want to be there, there's been pouting and sulking and finger pointing all year, Stevens is a great coach but his limitations have been exposed this year...

You cannot win a championship with Kyrie as your #1. It. Will. Not. Happen. He can be probably the best #2 in the NBA, but he isn't a true #1. And to again piggyback off of your own statements, this roster was overrated from Day 1. I never drank that Kool-Aid, not for a second...

This Celtics team might not make it out of Rd 1. I think Brooklyn will challenge whoever is #3, and Philly, a team I don't think is particularly strong, has shown us for 60+ games that they are better than Boston. What reason do I really have to believe that Boston would be a lock versus them in the playoffs, besides blind faith? Lol...

My Nuggets held on versus OKC. I want the Nuggets to make a run so badly, that is an entertaining team to watch. I just don't think this is the year. I still think OKC can beat Golden State, but this team hit a wall offensively many times last night. Westbrook had 7 turnovers and several times looked out of control on his drives, sometimes it worked in his favor, most times it didn't...

This team has to tighten it up to beat Golden State in 7...

I agree that Kyrie can't win as a #1. From the beginning of the season:



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I've pointed out elsewhere that Kyrie is an undersized 2 guard who needs to play with an oversized point guard like LeBron. I discussed this offseason that Boston's best move to deal with its wing logjam was probably to move Kyrie. Now Boston's Kyrie-led offense is bad. Now last year's #1 seed in the East is a middling squad, and people are assiduously avoiding the role the undersized 2 guard plays in that shift.

Wall has limitations, too, but at least he has led a team to the playoffs. Kyrie didn't recognized that LBJ made him, and he will shut the Celtics' championship window if they don't rein him in.

The undersized 2 is best as a 6th man (Eric Gordon, Jason Terry, Lou Williams, etc.). Undersized 2s don't start because they aren't good defenders and they need the ball to be effective. It is best to bring these guys in as a change of pace.

Boston's log jam at the wing is a problem, and they haven't even tried to solve it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I read that article yesterday, and though a little slanted it is honest in its premise...

Kyrie has won exactly nothing as a #1. Kyrie hasn't shown he can carry a team even past the first round as a #1, much less to legitimate championship contention. NBA media is the most loopy of all the major leagues, everybody immediately jumped this Kyrie/Boston bandwagon from day one...

It's been a long time since a point guard was the #1 on a championship team. You have to be a special kind of PG to do that in professional basketball. Kyrie is great, but we have always overrated him a little (we as in fans, media)....

Three of the last 4 have been won by a team with a PG as its best player. He is a special kind of point guard.


Kyrie is not a point guard. He is an undersized 2 guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top