U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 08:45 PM

3,760 posts, read 1,363,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
OKC can't shoot, so they can't beat the Warriors.

Houston remains the only team in the West with a chance, and they've turned in impressive defensive performances lately. Austin Rivers has been a nice addition, so that they can feature two ball handlers on the floor virtually all game when healthy (and only Harden and Gordon are glaring liabilities on defense).

Milwaukee just hit a major wall with Brogdon's injury. His health will be critical for the Bucks' title chances--they also need shooting and he delivers it with few downsides in his game. Toronto's defense will keep it competitive if they can get past Milwaukee.
And I put money on GS tonight and all of sudden they couldn't shoot which caused me to lose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 11:21 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
OKC can't shoot, so they can't beat the Warriors.

Houston remains the only team in the West with a chance, and they've turned in impressive defensive performances lately. Austin Rivers has been a nice addition, so that they can feature two ball handlers on the floor virtually all game when healthy (and only Harden and Gordon are glaring liabilities on defense).

Milwaukee just hit a major wall with Brogdon's injury. His health will be critical for the Bucks' title chances--they also need shooting and he delivers it with few downsides in his game. Toronto's defense will keep it competitive if they can get past Milwaukee.
Morey has made great pickups during the year... Rivers, Faried, House, Shumpert

Harden is not the total liability on defense as he was in the past.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:40 PM

17,249 posts, read 10,169,578 times
Unfortunate but it looks like Stevens is losing that team, no thanks in small part to Kyrie the self anointed 'leader.'

I wonder how much longer Brad has there.

Kyrie Irving apparently not happy with coach Brad Stevens after Celtics cough up 18-point lead to Hornets

Old 03-24-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unfortunate but it looks like Stevens is losing that team, no thanks in small part to Kyrie the self anointed 'leader.'

Kyrie Irving apparently not happy with coach Brad Stevens after Celtics cough up 18-point lead to Hornets
I always thought he was overrated as a coach.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:51 PM

1,223 posts, read 578,430 times
Quote:

Kyrie is talented but his leadership skills aren't good. They'll be fine if they are to keep TR over KI.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Kyrie is talented but his leadership skills aren't good. They'll be fine if they are to keep TR over KI.
Boston better keep an eye on Brooklyn or they will end up losing that 5th spot and fall to 6th and have to play the sixers

Old 03-30-2019, 03:59 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
Since Boston did make the ECF without KI, I wonder if they would have been better off just moving on from KI and "running back" with basically the same crew from last season. All the young players would have already experienced the playoff grind, and could keep developing together with the roles that fell into after Heywood's and Irving's injuries. You lose a little depth possibly, but at what cost? A year long team chemistry project?

Old 03-30-2019, 04:02 PM

Lakers have announced that Lebron will not play the 6 remaining games of the regular season

Old 03-30-2019, 07:27 PM

4,406 posts, read 4,060,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Lakers have announced that Lebron will not play the 6 remaining games of the regular season
The GOAT is headed to the warm shore of South Beach for Spring Break

Old 03-31-2019, 06:33 AM

4,206 posts, read 2,822,069 times
Quote:

Celtics aren't moving off of Stevens. Kyrie is just unhappy with everybody and everything, but this is exactly why he's only a fringe Top 10 player and fringe HOFer. Kyrie has yet to prove he can win at a high level as a #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Since Boston did make the ECF without KI, I wonder if they would have been better off just moving on from KI and "running back" with basically the same crew from last season. All the young players would have already experienced the playoff grind, and could keep developing together with the roles that fell into after Heywood's and Irving's injuries. You lose a little depth possibly, but at what cost? A year long team chemistry project?
Every time they would struggled NBA media would have crushed them for moving off of Kyrie, citing inexperience. For the record I don't necessarily disagree that they are a better team without Kyrie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball