U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:47 PM

3,760 posts, read 1,363,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Wow. Congrats to the Brooklyn Nets for clinching a playoff spot. I was so sure that franchise was going to suck for years because of Billy King and his trades but they proved me wrong. D'Angelo Russell has been playing like a man possessed this season, almost like he wants to stick it to the Lakers.

Speaking of the Lakers, I remember Kyle Kuzma saying something recently about how he'd rather be in LA than be "irrelevant" in Orlando. Well the Magic also clinched a spot tonight, poetic justice. So Kuzma can sit on his couch next week and watch the "irrelevant" Magic in the playoffs. Also happy for Steve Clifford, I think he deserved another chance in Charlotte but the Hornets decided to cut ties.

One more spot in the East up for grabs.
The guy on the magic with the last name Fournier, where did he come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 08:47 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
harden is currently at .440 fg%, and .365 in threes. NBA league wide averages are .460 and .354. (latter number is down quite a bit from .362 last year).
https://www.basketball-reference.com..._per_game.html

So Harden is actually well below league average in overall fg%, and not much above average in 3pt%.
He is is above average with the amount of double teams and focus he sees from defenses.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 29 days ago)

7,218 posts, read 8,231,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The guy on the magic with the last name Fournier, where did he come from?
Played for Denver for a few seasons and was traded to Orlando a few years ago. I seem to remember some people were comparing him to DeMar Derozan at one point early on in his career.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:30 PM
JRR

3,676 posts, read 2,222,849 times
Quote:
Wow. Congrats to the Brooklyn Nets for clinching a playoff spot. I was so sure that franchise was going to suck for years because of Billy King and his trades but they proved me wrong. D'Angelo Russell has been playing like a man possessed this season, almost like he wants to stick it to the Lakers.

Speaking of the Lakers, I remember Kyle Kuzma saying something recently about how he'd rather be in LA than be "irrelevant" in Orlando. Well the Magic also clinched a spot tonight, poetic justice. So Kuzma can sit on his couch next week and watch the "irrelevant" Magic in the playoffs. Also happy for Steve Clifford, I think he deserved another chance in Charlotte but the Hornets decided to cut ties.

Yeah, I'm real happy to see the Magic make an unexpected appearance in the playoffs. I lived in the area up until 2 years ago and have followed the Magic for years. Hopefully they have turned the corner for good in the recovery from the Dwight Howard fiasco. It sure has been a long, hard slog.

Nice to see Nik Vucevic, Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon who have been plugging away the last few years get a chance (even though it may be brief) to play beyond the regular season.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:11 AM

9,619 posts, read 6,597,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Yeah, I'm real happy to see the Magic make an unexpected appearance in the playoffs. I lived in the area up until 2 years ago and have followed the Magic for years. Hopefully they have turned the corner for good in the recovery from the Dwight Howard fiasco. It sure has been a long, hard slog.

Nice to see Nik Vucevic, Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon who have been plugging away the last few years get a chance (even though it may be brief) to play beyond the regular season.
Trust me: We are all extremely proud of the team here. To think, a single man like D Howard was single-handily able to destroy what was, at the time, a promising team. Glad to see these guys stuck together and somehow made it. Just a few months ago, the season looked like it was headed down the toilet yet again.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:41 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,289 times
That was a big win for Orlando last night to secure the playoff position against Boston...

Old 04-08-2019, 05:08 PM

3,245 posts, read 574,473 times
Quote:
I was totally surprised with the Nets. I always predict # of wins for every team at the start of the season, and I had the Nets at around 25. Last year they won 28, and I didn't see any shining new additions. Just solid improvement from the young guys, and great depth with 11 guys averaging over 20 mins.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:37 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Quote:

This is what happens when you actually have competent ownership that knows what the hell they are doing! Dolan should take some notes from his East River neighbors!

Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 PM

17,247 posts, read 10,169,578 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFOQ6V_u6M

Old 04-10-2019, 01:00 PM

17,247 posts, read 10,169,578 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IMjq1chBE4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball