Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:58 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
^ Its funny they included the Obama golf story, as if calling Obama a "hack golfer" is forbidden.....Most of America viewed Obama as a hack President in 2010, when he lost 63 House seats and 6 Senate seats.
Obama isn't a golfer, so MJ dissing that is nothing, while Obama dissed MJ's actual job performance (as owner of Charlotte).
It really just exposed Obama's petty ego.
MJ’s just mad Barack eclipsed his status as Chicago’s favorite son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:44 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
MJ’s just mad Barack eclipsed his status as Chicago’s favorite son.
Based on his performance as Senator, Obama would be the bad son of Chicago, and a very temporary son at that.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:23 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
I know stats are only part of the equation, but Melo has extremely similar career stats to Kobe.
Melo = 24.0 points, .449 field, .347 treys 6.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.5 blocks.
Kobe = 25.0 points, .447 field, .329 treys, 5.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.4 steals, 0.5 blocks.
Except melo didn't play DEFENSE and Kobe was a repeated elite defender.

No one argues Melo being a scorer.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:27 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Except melo didn't play DEFENSE and Kobe was a repeated elite defender.

No one argues Melo being a scorer.
Amazing how fast the Rockets got well after sitting him down.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:06 AM

Rockets will probably finish #1 in the West, now that Warriors are so fragile and Curry's injury.
Even if Warriors keep their roster mostly intact in the coming years, Curry's injuries will cost them the #1 seed in future.
He's only going to get more injury-prone.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:23 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Rockets will probably finish #1 in the West, now that Warriors are so fragile and Curry's injury.
Even if Warriors keep their roster mostly intact in the coming years, Curry's injuries will cost them the #1 seed in future.
Lol at Rockets winning 1 seed...

The West is going to be a round robin of anybody who can beat anybody. Currently 12 West teams are at or above .500. Its a round Robin, those who miss the bracket will barely miss it, and the West tournament should be fun...

I'm staying with my preseason pick that the Dubs don't win again, and hopefully they don't come out of the West. The Rockets are no one special...

Old 11-19-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol at Rockets winning 1 seed...

The West is going to be a round robin of anybody who can beat anybody. Currently 12 West teams are at or above .500. Its a round Robin, those who miss the bracket will barely miss it, and the West tournament should be fun...

I'm staying with my preseason pick that the Dubs don't win again, and hopefully they don't come out of the West. The Rockets are no one special...
The Rockets only have 1 more loss than the Warriors.
And only 2 more losses than the Blazers.
Nothing can stop the Rockets from overtaking those teams.
Their offense gets on a roll and is unstoppable.
They've won 4 in a row and only just warming up.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:31 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
I watch the Rockets regularly... I am not going that far to install them as #1 at this time.

Quote:
The Rockets only have 1 more loss than the Warriors.
And only 2 more losses than the Blazers.
Nothing can stop the Rockets from overtaking those teams.
Their offense gets on a roll and is unstoppable.
They've won 4 in a row and only just warming up.
Did you see how they shot in the first few games? Remember missing 27 3's in a row in Game 7?

It will be their defense that will determines how far they go.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 11-19-2018 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-19-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I watch the Rockets regularly... I am not going that far to install them as #1 at this time.

Did you see how they shot in the first few games? Remember missing 27 3's in a row in Game 7?

It will be their defense that will determines how far they go.
First few games was bad chemistry because of Melo (and losing Ariza).
Start of the season can be like that, same with Boston.
Playoffs was just typical playoff struggles - its common for even superstars to struggle in the playoffs - and when you are so reliant on the trey, the potential to go cold in big playoff games is great (and no surprise it happened to Harden).
I'm not saying Houston will reach the NBA Finals, but I'm very confident they'll be the #1 seed again.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:17 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
First few games was bad chemistry because of Melo (and losing Ariza).
Start of the season can be like that, same with Boston.
Playoffs was just typical playoff struggles - its common for even superstars to struggle in the playoffs - and when you are so reliant on the trey, the potential to go cold in big playoff games is great (and no surprise it happened to Harden).
I'm not saying Houston will reach the NBA Finals, but I'm very confident they'll be the #1 seed again.

They took clear steps back this offseason, and their early season reminds us of that. They won't be the one seed. More importantly, they will be worse in the playoffs than they were last year.

Is CP3 already washed? I don't think so, but his early season is a flashing sign of why it was a bad idea to give him a four year max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball