U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 PM

4,979 posts, read 11,039,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, because someone with a name of "bluedevilz" is certainly a reliable and unbiased source.
Wow....you certainly shot down my points with that awesome come back

Now how about you list all those "bull rushes" you saw every game that no one but you can seem to remember

Haters gonna hate.....but making up crap about a player you clearly never watched is lame.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Status: "Summertime, and the living's easy" (set 19 days ago)

2,048 posts, read 581,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Now how about you list all those "bull rushes" you saw every game that no one but you can seem to remember

Haters gonna hate.....but making up crap about a player you clearly never watched is lame.....
Yes, as soon as I have the time to rewatch every game from the year, or compile a highlight reel that I can copy into City-Data, I will do that. There are MANY people who say the same thing. A few quick searches online will show you that. But go ahead and say it is just me, and that I didn't watch any games. No skin off my teeth. Bias is bias though, bluedevilz, and you clearly have it. Just as the Bama football fans do, and the Patriots fans, the Lebron lovers, etc etc.

Only time will tell. I say he will be a "good" NBA player, and nothing more. Some of you think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'll mark this thread to come back to in a couple of years, and we will see who was right.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:37 PM

6,185 posts, read 6,355,356 times
Quote:
Calling BS again, watched every game Zion played this season and what you are describing didn't happen every game...didn't happen every other game....didn't happen in even 10% of games played....

Bull rushes???

Again you clearly didn't watch many of Zions games because he RARELY if ever "bull rushed" anyone....

Despite his size he used quickness, incredible second jump ability and finesse around the rim...NOT brute force, which you would know if you ever actually watched him play...
LOL how can one even use bull rushes, and brute force in basketball? Is not a full contact collision sport. It is a finesse game. It is basically soccer with a tiny tiny goal, and tiny coverage/playing area, and use of hands.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:46 PM

5,117 posts, read 1,818,745 times
Quote:

You should not waste time with the poster you are quoting he/she talks more about the person they are talking to than the subject matter. Waste of bandwidth and time.
Zion is a talent that we are not going to see for years to come in college bball, sad they didnt get it done with him thankfully it wasnt a BS call that got them knocked out this time like that one against carter in the 17-18 season.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:38 PM

3,232 posts, read 574,473 times
Everyone is coming up with ZW comparisons, most often he is compared to Charles Barkley, who turned out to be a HOF player.

But here is another comparison I have not seen--Robert 'Tractor' Traylor. I did not realize it but unfortunately Traylor died in 2011 at age 34.

He was 6-8 284 lbs, and dominant as a college player. He was drafted 6th overall in 1998 by Dallas. (Dallas later traded him to the Bucks for Dirk Nowitski(!). Tractor Traylor played 7 NBA seasons, and averaged 14 min/gm, and 4.8 pts/gm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKdqXPnRhBc

A quote from a college teammate:

Quote:
Of course, what everyone remembers about Traylor was his size -- including his unusually large hands and feet.
"I remember shaking his hand for the first time," Fife said. "I could put my foot, with a shoe on, inside his shoes."
You never know how the transition from college to NBA will go....

Old 05-09-2019, 03:10 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,290,867 times
Quote:

Every coach teaches their players to drive aggressively and initiate contact with taller defenders to draw the foul and to put rim protectors on their heels.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:01 AM

18,438 posts, read 9,548,793 times
He's like a taller and stronger barkley with skills to go along with great size and jumping ability. He needs to get a consistent 3 shot and make free throws and probably drop about 20 lbs but he could be really tough to guard if he develops.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:08 PM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Giannis, Embiid, LeBron, Booker, Anthony Davis all average over 25ppg while shooting less than 34% downtown, so Zion doesn't need a consistent 3-pointer.
Zion's free-throws are .640 and that's almost as good as LeBron (.665).

Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 PM

3,232 posts, read 574,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Giannis, Embiid, LeBron, Booker, Anthony Davis all average over 25ppg while shooting less than 34% downtown, so Zion doesn't need a consistent 3-pointer.
Zion's free-throws are .640 and that's almost as good as LeBron (.665).
None of the guys you list except LeBron have made it to the NBA finals.

Lebron's career FT% is .736. Lebron did not have much of a jump shot when he started, but he did develop a pretty good one IMO. He obviously put in a lot of work on it. I'm guessing his 3pt% is over .350 since around 2011. His first few years were not good.

It remains to be seen if ZW can develop a jump shot. Some do it, some never really do. As a lot of people have said, this is now a "shotmaker's league."

Old 05-17-2019, 11:53 AM

5,424 posts, read 1,541,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
None of the guys you list except LeBron have made it to the NBA finals.

Lebron's career FT% is .736. Lebron did not have much of a jump shot when he started, but he did develop a pretty good one IMO. He obviously put in a lot of work on it. I'm guessing his 3pt% is over .350 since around 2011. His first few years were not good.

It remains to be seen if ZW can develop a jump shot. Some do it, some never really do. As a lot of people have said, this is now a "shotmaker's league."
Giannis hasn't developed a consistent jump shot, and he's about to win MVP.....and probably go to the Finals (not that the Finals are a measure of anything, because no matter how good you are, you need a good supporting cast to make it to the Finals).
No need for a jump shot if you are as athletic as Zion.
But I must say, Zion's jump shot already looks better than Giannis'.
Anyway....boys need a jump shot, but men don't.
Zion and Giannis are men among boys.
In fact Shaq gave Giannis the Superman nickname.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball