U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2019, 08:32 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,039,976 times
Reputation: 11808

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Zion is fun to watch. A man among boys at the college level. At the same time, his weight, inconsistent J and free throws are going to have to be addressed. He had 35 at Cameron against Cuse, but the fatigue down the stretch in OT showed! Add to it the missed FTs.

Now, Barrett definitely has the better IQ. The second Cuse game showed. The way he methodically dissected the zone, especially how he got the ball in the middle. Most people don't know what to do with the basketball when they get it in that spot! But Barrett was killing them from the middle of the 2-3. However, Barrett needs quite a bit of "NBA meat in them bones!" Like Zion will have an oversize, Barrett is going to have an undersize problem......!
Like MAGA already stated "weight" isn't a problem for Zion....I bet his body fat percentage is in the 6-8% range definitely under 10....

As for Barrett having the better "IQ"....not seeing it.....

Barrett is overhyped, Zion is KILLING Barrett on the efficiency numbers and is a MUCH better defender and rebounder....

Zion does need to improve his FT % considering how often he will be going to the line...but so does Barrett they have essentially the same percentage..

Barrett is also only marginally better shooting from 3 point range than Zion

Zion takes over games when he chooses and is literally unstoppable anywhere near the basket.....Barrett "tries" to take over games but tries to do too much....he only leads Zion in scoring due to volume of shots....many of which are really poor decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2019, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,248 posts, read 26,214,003 times
Reputation: 11701
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Like MAGA already stated "weight" isn't a problem for Zion....I bet his body fat percentage is in the 6-8% range definitely under 10....
Doubt it. Sub 10% body fat is pretty shredded. Zion is muscular, but he's not Reggie Bush cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 05:46 PM
 
51,859 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
When I read the OP's description, the first words that pop in my head are Charles Barkley.

"too short" to play inside at 6'7 in this league? I'll go with no on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2019, 12:39 PM
 
11,679 posts, read 7,040,185 times
Reputation: 6387
********* NIKE....now we won’t get to see Zion in a UNC/Duke game. This sorta makes me not even want to watch and I never miss these games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Status: "think locally, act yokelly." (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,237 posts, read 574,473 times
Reputation: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When I read the OP's description, the first words that pop in my head are Charles Barkley.

"too short" to play inside at 6'7 in this league? I'll go with no on that one.
I've seen it said multiple places that Barkley was actually slightly under 6'5".

Interesting to note that none of the 3 Duke forwards are proficient in the 3-ball. To me, this is the NBA era of the 3-ball. The best two teams last year were GSW, who led the league in 3pt% (.391) and Houston, who led the league in 3 pt. makes per game (approx. 15, IIRC), mainly because they had way more attempts than anyone else.

Of these three guys, ZW is probably the one who could get away with not being able to shoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Status: "think locally, act yokelly." (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,237 posts, read 574,473 times
Reputation: 974
I heard a sports talk guy the other day estimate that were ZW to suffer serious injury, there would be about $100 million at stake (including endorsements, jerseys, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 05:14 PM
 
51,859 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I've seen it said multiple places that Barkley was actually slightly under 6'5".

Interesting to note that none of the 3 Duke forwards are proficient in the 3-ball. To me, this is the NBA era of the 3-ball. The best two teams last year were GSW, who led the league in 3pt% (.391) and Houston, who led the league in 3 pt. makes per game (approx. 15, IIRC), mainly because they had way more attempts than anyone else.

Of these three guys, ZW is probably the one who could get away with not being able to shoot.
Yes, the 6'7 I was referencing was in regards to ZW.

Now that was a different era for rules and so forth but we'll have to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 05:15 PM
 
51,859 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I heard a sports talk guy the other day estimate that were ZW to suffer serious injury, there would be about $100 million at stake (including endorsements, jerseys, etc).
Yeah. Amazing huh? Wasn't that long ago and you could dang near buy a franchise for that.

Tribute to how well the league has done marketing itself over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 10:13 AM
 
Location: God's Country
5,188 posts, read 3,499,832 times
Reputation: 8689
If you wanna put asses in the seats, pick Zion 1st. If you want a winning basketball player, pick RJ 1st. NBA's a shooting league; Zion hits about a third of his three-point shots and 65% of his free throws.


By the way this talk about BB players playing football. You have to understand that football players have a rare mentality; they like collision. When I hear people talk about how certain BB players, like Lebron, would be great NFLers, I have to laugh. He whines when there's contact. I can just see how he'd react to NFL-style collision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 AM
 
4,406 posts, read 4,059,151 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
If you wanna put asses in the seats, pick Zion 1st. If you want a winning basketball player, pick RJ 1st. NBA's a shooting league; Zion hits about a third of his three-point shots and 65% of his free throws.


By the way this talk about BB players playing football. You have to understand that football players have a rare mentality; they like collision. When I hear people talk about how certain BB players, like Lebron, would be great NFLers, I have to laugh. He whines when there's contact. I can just see how he'd react to NFL-style collision.
Demar Derozan doesnt live outside the 3pt line and holds his own. I think Zion will be fine. Might not be a Lebron, but will easily be a 20/10 guy, as long as he can hit a midrange jumper.


Kevin Durant shot 43% for the field and 28% from 3 his rookie year and got better and better each year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top