Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times

Advertisements

I especially am proud of Doc Rivers, who is from my alma mater MARQUETTE. He's a class act. I'm also glad to see Ray Allen get a ring. He's another class act, and the type of guy that all NBA players and professionals should emulate. He's understated, always prepared, plays hard, never complains, and is a complete professional. Kudos to Garnett also. The man is a monster. He comes prepared too and is a versatile player unlike that lazy Shaq.

It just wasn't in the cards for the Lakers. I frankly don't know how they got this far. Lamar Odom is so damn inconsistent. He is not a solid performer out there, almost making points haphazardly it looks like. I saw him smiling a lot and I wondered why. What a simpleton. Kobe was dealt with effectively too. Credit Boston for putting the heat on him and really taking him out of his game. The rest had their moments, but generally, sloppy, careless play.

Best team won this series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 01:43 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,972 times
I think Odom played okay. the difference between the teams is that the Cs can play defense.

crazy game, crazy night. anyone who was in boston knows.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 AM

539 posts, read 1,804,428 times
I'm a huge Laker fan. (Everyone from the L.A. metro area is a Laker fan - when they win) I'm not Kobe fan at all. Sure, he may be the best player in the league right now - he got a trophy for that claim.
The best team got a trophy (and rings) for being the better team. I'm happy that Boston beat the Lakers and not a less storied franchise like San Antonio. I like Pierce (L.A. native), Allen, and love Garnett (I liked how he always played full speed in Minn. even though he had to know that they had no real chance of winning anything. And I'm friends with a short guy with a big George Lopez head who claims to be his brother-in law) and Perkins is from the the in which I currently live. This was a more "Laker" team than were the Lakers. The Celts pulled off what L.A. was trying to when thy got The Glove and Malone. I've never worn green and I'm not the jersy wearing type - but I'll make room in my wardrobe for a kelly green #5.
Kudos Beantown.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 AM

325 posts, read 1,077,169 times
I am also happy for the Celtics. I hate the Lakers and Kobe with a passion, so seeing them get trounced last night made me one of the happiest people in the world. Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen have been good for so many years playing on teams that werent so great. Im happy for them to finally be on a winning team. Also as the OP congrats to Doc Rivers. Oh yeah I almost forgot about Paul Pierce. That guy has stuck it out on some very bad teams. Good for him too. Go Celts!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,642 times
Haha...haha..haha...haha...haha...haha... (Dr. Evil style!)

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,392,514 times
I knew the Celtics were going to win in 6. I've never claimed to be a Celtics fan until two of my favorite players joined the team; KG and Ray Allen. After they joined the team I realized that Celtics had a chance to win the finals. Most people hopped of the Celtics bandwagon and joined the Lakers after they saw how well the Lakers were playing during the playoffs. Pierce, Garnett, and Allen knew what they had to do to become champions and it was to not let pride and egos deter them from their dream.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:23 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I especially am proud of Doc Rivers, who is from my alma mater MARQUETTE. He's a class act. I'm also glad to see Ray Allen get a ring. He's another class act, and the type of guy that all NBA players and professionals should emulate. He's understated, always prepared, plays hard, never complains, and is a complete professional. Kudos to Garnett also. The man is a monster. He comes prepared too and is a versatile player unlike that lazy Shaq.

It just wasn't in the cards for the Lakers. I frankly don't know how they got this far. Lamar Odom is so damn inconsistent. He is not a solid performer out there, almost making points haphazardly it looks like. I saw him smiling a lot and I wondered why. What a simpleton. Kobe was dealt with effectively too. Credit Boston for putting the heat on him and really taking him out of his game. The rest had their moments, but generally, sloppy, careless play.

Best team won this series.
I agree. If the officiating hadnt been so one-sided it would have over in 4, or at most 5 games.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:22 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,650,771 times
I stuck up for Kobe during the fake rape mess. I knew he did not do it. I still hated the Lakers.

I started disliking him while I watched him during the playoffs. I realize what a ball hog he is. When he gets the ball you can bet the pen he will not give it up. Of course there is not much else on the Laker team to give it to. A one man show does not make for a championship team.

I love the video clip of Sasha back handing his own team mate knocking him on his ash. What a sore loser. He should have been given a T for that even though it was his own team mate.

After seeing much Laker play I do notice what a great passing team they have. I mean really good. Passes I have not seen since Bird and Magic graced the court.

To me, a die hard Celtic fan since the late 70s and a whole lot to cheer about.......waited a long time for this one.

So for me, living 3000 miles from the action, I take this day off from work so I can watch the replays, commentarys, interviews and so on again and again and again and again and again and again. I cant get enough.

YouTube is already filling up with videos. Boston Globe has many. ESPN has even more.

I trust some one will be posting the parade being held tomorrow on YouTube.

Enjoy your win Boston. What a year it has been !!!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

166 posts, read 705,344 times
The Celtics is a team full of not only great players, but great people in general and I'm very happy for them. I have to say, things were pretty low for us New England sports fans after the Superbowl, but now all that is in the past and I have another Championship t-shirt I need to buy! As for the Lakers, I know everyone is down on Kobe... but to me, it seemed like he was the only one on that team who gave a damn. I know it's not a very politically corrent thing to say, but Eastern European players are flat-out overrated! They can't play defense if there life depended on it, and I simply don't think winning a championship means as much to them.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:37 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,031 times
I'm not a fan of either team in this series, but I was pulling for the Celtics. Congratulations on a great season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball