U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 PM

53 posts, read 110,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
[MOD CUT] Regardless in my predictions, i actually predicted the Spurs getting A [W] in L.A. Still, aint no way the Spurs will win this series, mark my words!
Do you remember your very own LAKERS in the '06 playoffs? I seem to remember them having a 3-1 series lead over the Suns only to lose in 7 and actually getting blown-out in Game 7. Only 8 times has a team blown a 3-1 lead in the NBA and your's was one of them...and trust me...this inexperienced LAKERS squad is very capable of blowing a 3-1 lead.

FYI--I'm a Bulls fan 1st but as long as the Bulls aren't playing the Spurs I root hard for the Spurs. I remember ending your Magic Johnson days in the '91 finals after losing Game 1 in Chicago with Sam Perkins' lucky three at the buzzer and all you Laker fans said it was over...uh oh...4 straight by MJ and company and your era was done.

It's 3-1...there's a reason we play 7 and the '06 Lakers reminded us why recently when they lost three straight...get ready Kobe...history is going to repeat itself! GO SPURS!

J

Last edited by da jammer; 05-28-2008 at 05:49 PM..

Old 05-28-2008, 04:37 PM

2,600 posts, read 7,722,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
Well at least the city of San Antonio has a team to cheer for. oh wait, you have the Diablo's right?
IM glad you keep up with el paso sports, i was born in L.A., by the way, and the spurs are still going to lose, and it will be a while before they hang another banner son.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:12 PM

455 posts, read 816,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Dude, it ain't over til it's over and it's not just yet! You should watch what you dish out because you may have to eat it later!
It's over ! LOL LOL LOL Eat that !

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,269,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn68 View Post
It's over ! LOL LOL LOL Eat that !
Really now? I don't think the next game's been played, so until then YOU eat it!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 PM

3,828 posts, read 3,081,397 times
ha ha a Bulls fan that roots for the Spurs...thats a good one.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
JJG

10,427 posts, read 9,944,435 times
I knew with all the Spurs haters out there, a thread like this would get somewhat heated.....

Call 'em boring and old all you want, but they still have 4 rings, while most teams in the NBA can't even say they have one NBA championship. So regardless of what happens tonight, I'm still a Spurs fan, they're still the Official NBA team of Texas, and they still have San Antonio......

I just hope to God the Lakers don't win the NBA championship. I'm sorry, but NO L.A. team should win anything.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 PM

455 posts, read 816,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Really now? I don't think the next game's been played, so until then YOU eat it!
Wake up ! IT IS OVER FOR YOUR SPURS!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
JJG

10,427 posts, read 9,944,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn68 View Post
Wake up ! IT IS OVER FOR YOUR SPURS!
YEAH YEAH it's over. But as long as there's someone to beat the Lakers in the Finals, I won't be too down. Besides, the beauty of living in Texas is that we have more than one or two teams to cheer for. And eventhough it's not happening this year, I will always be a Spurs fan. And don't live anywhere close to San Antonio.

That said.... GO COWBOYS !!!
see....

Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 PM

522 posts, read 1,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I knew with all the Spurs haters out there, a thread like this would get somewhat heated.....

Call 'em boring and old all you want, but they still have 4 rings, while most teams in the NBA can't even say they have one NBA championship. So regardless of what happens tonight, I'm still a Spurs fan, they're still the Official NBA team of Texas, and they still have San Antonio......

I just hope to God the Lakers don't win the NBA championship. I'm sorry, but NO L.A. team should win anything.
You mean, no Texas team should win anything. And you usually dont either. Isnt Texas the largest state with the fewest championships!?
mediocrity at its best.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 PM

522 posts, read 1,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
YEAH YEAH it's over. But as long as there's someone to beat the Lakers in the Finals, I won't be too down. Besides, the beauty of living in Texas is that we have more than one or two teams to cheer for. And eventhough it's not happening this year, I will always be a Spurs fan. And don't live anywhere close to San Antonio.

That said.... GO COWBOYS !!!
see....
California still has more teams than Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball