Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times

Advertisements

I'm with Charles on this one. Frankly I am sick to death of LeBron James. The man has been overexposed. He plays for the Cavs and his contract is not up for a couple of years and he is already talking about 2010. I frankly am not holding my breath till 2010 waiting to see what that idiot James does.

Barkley is right. It's disrespectful to Cav fan and disrespectful to the game. LeBron needs to just keep his mouth shut and let his playing do the talking. He should be completely focused on the Cavs. LeBron shows his lack of education and lack of polish by saying that Barkley, a Hall-of-Famer, is "stupid." I'd like to see LeBron disappear.

LeBron James blasts Charles Barkley - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lebron-barkley&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
I think Lebron is just upset with his team performance, he wants help on the team- I mean look at what happen to Kobe last year- he expressed his frustration with the Lakers and said publicly he wanted to be traded- the Lakers made the right moves and now look at them 12-1 (best record in the League) and 5 months removed from a championship series. Cleveland fans should be upset that their city is ranked in the top 15 worst cities in America- now that's something to be pissed about

Old 11-29-2008, 06:47 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I think Lebron is just upset with his team performance, he wants help on the team- I mean look at what happen to Kobe last year- he expressed his frustration with the Lakers and said publicly he wanted to be traded- the Lakers made the right moves and now look at them 12-1 (best record in the League) and 5 months removed from a championship series. Cleveland fans should be upset that their city is ranked in the top 15 worst cities in America- now that's something to be pissed about
I doubt he is upest with his the team that he has right now. They are 13-3 and the only teams that have better records are Boston and the LA Lakers.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
I agree with Barkley too, James should just knock off the 2010 stuff and play. I've noticed a little bit of a manipulative attribute in James that I don't like, but he ought to let the poor folks in Cleveland just enjoy the performance and not torment them with the possibility of leaving.

The team and fans couldn't be more supportive.

If he ultimately decides to leave, just do it.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I agree with Barkley too, James should just knock off the 2010 stuff and play. I've noticed a little bit of a manipulative attribute in James that I don't like, but he ought to let the poor folks in Cleveland just enjoy the performance and not torment them with the possibility of leaving.

The team and fans couldn't be more supportive.

If he ultimately decides to leave, just do it.
How much of that is James and how much of that is ESPN, you can't turn on that network without them having a round table of talking heads squabbling about his pending free agency like it's going to happen tomorrow.

Damn guys you'd think they could find something a bit more relevant to talk about.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
How much of that is James and how much of that is ESPN, you can't turn on that network without them having a round table of talking heads squabbling about his pending free agency like it's going to happen tomorrow.

Damn guys you'd think they could find something a bit more relevant to talk about.
I agree that it's a lot more the media hyping it up than Lebron for the most part. Yahoo has an article every single week about Lebron going to NY or Brooklyn or most recently Detroit (if he doesn't like Ctown, not sure why he'd want to go to Detroit) but as a Cav fan, I just hope they can win a championship in the next 2 seasons, and ultimately if he sticks by what he's said all along - that he wants championships and to be a billionaire - he'd have no reason to leave Cleveland for NY or New Jersey -which are franchises in chaos - and keep in mind, the Cavs can offer him more money than any other team due to salary cap rules. In the mean time, just enjoying the great start they are off to this year at 14-3 and really playing the best team ball ever during Lebron's career w/them.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Quote:

Errrh thats why I don't like him, the media consistantly talk about him 24/7, I swear they focus on him more than any other player in all of sports (maybe apart from Brett Farve).

It gets annoying.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:26 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:

Actually, I think this stuff is much more of a "plant" with ESPN, as opposed to just empty talk.

Stuff I'm seeing around the 'net seems to validate that the James to New York stuff is actually starting from James camp, not external reporters. It seems that the key player in planting and spreading the story is a fellow by the name of Wes Wesley, who apparently is a friend and advisor to James:

LeBron's buddy says Knicks are favorite in 2010 - Sports Rumors - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Old 12-01-2008, 06:02 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
I am kind of with Lebron on this one. Barkley needs to mind his own business, all of this hype is created by the media anyway, what is Lebron to do? I also think it's funny that the Pot (Barkley) is calling the Kettle (Lebron) black, come on!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am kind of with Lebron on this one. Barkley needs to mind his own business, all of this hype is created by the media anyway, what is Lebron to do? I also think it's funny that the Pot (Barkley) is calling the Kettle (Lebron) black, come on!
Yeah. Barkley needs to gamble and talk less and think and act "civilized" more. LeBron wants to play for the Knicks.

And Barkley is fat and he's not in my fab five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball